Film the dark knight

Chronictank

FH is my second home
I think it's hilarious personally, Ledger died to an overdose yet is cited as a god damned war hero and one of the best actors to ever live. I have no doubt at all that he's good in the movie, but I seriously doubt he's even close to half as good as some people seem to think he is.
it's equally, if not more ridiculous judging before you have even seen the movie
At least they have made a informed decision based on the movie even others disagree with it, which is more than you can claim

Helme

Resident Freddy
My comment was made to the hype BEFORE the movie was even released, which up until its release a few days ago(atleast in Sweden) was approaching ridiculous levels. I actually saw on TV due to my net being down people citing it as Ledger's best movie yet, without the movie actually being released and the people saying it who hadn't even seen a pre-show of it.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My comment was made to the hype BEFORE the movie was even released, which up until its release a few days ago(atleast in Sweden) was approaching ridiculous levels. I actually saw on TV due to my net being down people citing it as Ledger's best movie yet, without the movie actually being released and the people saying it who hadn't even seen a pre-show of it.

Just because it wasnt released to general public doesnt mean critics hadnt seen it etc

Helme

Resident Freddy
They were specifically saying they hadn't seen it yet and was looking forward to it...

Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand Swedish television, or Swedish television is too stupid to be understood - I'm not sure which one it is yet.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
I think the two latest Batman films have turned Batman to what it is really meant to be, dark movies etc. If I saw Spider man I would think 'Yay' if I saw Batman I would shit myself and that's the angle the films have taken. I think Nolan has done a great job of revolutionizing the Batman franchise. Good films hopefully see more.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
no, he ment the Batman franchise which includes both movies and cartoons (and probably alot of other medias which i care not to mention). i was being a smartass pointing out that in fact they only "revolutionized" the cinematic franchise and not the billions of other Batman products.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
So i ended up seeing it yesterday and thought it was a good film, nothing more, nothing less. Prior to reading it i hadn't seen any trailers, reviews or any of the hype everyone is going on about so i felt rather impartial towards it.

Christian Bale delivers as you usual, i'll always love him since American Psycho though. I liked seeing how bruce wayne/batman's character evolved throughout the film to become the outlaw that Batman is generally known.

Ledger did a good performance for the joker, was sufficiently sinister and convincing enough and looked like a great character to play. He's definately get an oscar, whether he deserves it or not ... i don't see the point in debating.

I'd say the film is worth seeing but don't expect anything amazing unless you're a massive Batman geek.

edit: i just noticed that this is rated #1 on imdb with 9.3/10. what the hell is that about? sure its an entertaining film but it's far from the best film ever and should really be around 7-8/10 imo. I saw Godfather II for the first time just last week and it was on a completely different level from The Dark Knight, The Godfather actually envoked emotion and thought and was thrilling through-out, where as Batman was just a well done pop-corn action movie.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I saw Godfather II for the first time just last week and it was on a completely different level from The Dark Knight, The Godfather actually envoked emotion and thought and was thrilling through-out, where as Batman was just a well done pop-corn action movie.

Mmmm... No point comparing to classic 80s films, just don't do it.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'm not trying to, that's why i said it was on a different level.

Bit strange, since the release of The Dark Knight, The Godfather has received about 10,000 votes of 1/10 rating oO

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'm not trying to, that's why i said it was on a different level.

Bit strange, since the release of The Dark Knight, The Godfather has received about 10,000 votes of 1/10 rating oO

Ah, fair enough. I generally try to avoid matching films to ones that came out 20 years ago tbh, I mean, no way movies from now will really be seen to be "As good" (Well, this one is, for the sort of Superhero genre)

That's screwed up :S I don't see why people do that.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
when he goes to blow the hospital up and it doesnt all go right away and he is banging the detonator, just want to say wow. Thought he done that so well

pikeh

Resident Freddy
when he goes to blow the hospital up and it doesnt all go right away and he is banging the detonator, just want to say wow. Thought he done that so well

hehe its really good that bit. Its funny, then you realise your actually laughing at someone blowing up a hospital. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom