Film the dark knight

eksdee

FH is my second home
just got back from work watching this. very very good, 2.5 hours of non-stop action. everything i personally wanted from a batman film. heath ledger is incredible in it, as is christian bale.

go see it!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Haven't seen it yet, but boy does the hype over a druggie who ODd gone over the top.

Sure, might do a nice performance, but come on! :eek:

Overhype has nearly killed this movie for me before i've even seen it.

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
personally for me it was an ok movie nothing more, i usually like bale but i dont think hes good as batman but hey thats me :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Haven't seen it yet, but boy does the hype over a druggie who ODd gone over the top.

there you are, going on about "hype" again.

so what if other people love it? maybe it actually means its a good film.
I dont see how other peoples view on something can stop you, or indeed make you enjoy the film any more/less.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
there you are, going on about "hype" again.

so what if other people love it? maybe it actually means its a good film.
I dont see how other peoples view on something can stop you, or indeed make you enjoy the film any more/less.

Ngh....jsut that every form of media is filled with it, and it's nearing the point where it becomes so advertised that the initial feel when going to watch it, will be less then normal.

And don't try denying that there's been hype, unneeded too, about it.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i hadnt even heard of heath ledger until he died and now apparently he's the greatest actor ever or whatever, he seems about average to me.

as for batman i think i'll wait for a dvd copy to come out, im too cheap for the cinema :)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i get what tohtori means though. if everyone is there going 'it's a masterpiece! best work of everyone involved! etc etc!' - you get either very high hopes and are only let down, or cynical that it's any good whatsoever and is only being made a big deal of because it's new. some other film will come along and people will do the same, again.

i'm going tonight though. rewatched begins yesterday :)

edit: also, my friend has seen it at an IMAX and says some of the shots are "fucking breathtaking"
so i'm gutted theres no IMAX nearby!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Ngh....jsut that every form of media is filled with it, and it's nearing the point where it becomes so advertised that the initial feel when going to watch it, will be less then normal.

And don't try denying that there's been hype, unneeded too, about it.

hypefront.JPG

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I understand the hype comment but to call him a druggie? thats a bit harsh since he died of a bad mix of sleeping pills thats all. hardly what id class as a druggie but maybe thats just me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I understand the hype comment but to call him a druggie? thats a bit harsh since he died of a bad mix of sleeping pills thats all. hardly what id class as a druggie but maybe thats just me.

that i can retract then if its the case, all i've heard anywhere is "drug overdose" and it, to me atleast, means some form of abuse.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
In america u can buy sleeping pills in normal shops afaik and what happened is he had some onp resciption and got some from shop aswell and when he took them together it had a bad reaction and he just never woke up.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In america u can buy sleeping pills in normal shops afaik and what happened is he had some onp resciption and got some from shop aswell and when he took them together it had a bad reaction and he just never woke up.

Hmh, well, that's what i get for not acting my usual "sceptical" way...:(

I'll retract the druggie thingie, though he's still overrated by th death in my opinion ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I loved it, and yes, Heath Ledger was a superb 'Joker' :(

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Toht, I was thinking the same - before I saw the movie. Just because this actor is dead, he is the best ever!! But after seeing the movie I have to say he does a GREAT job. Best Joker.

So this time the hype is okay, from my point of view atleast.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Anyone thats actually the dark knight returns would know this is how the batman franschise was supposed to be like :)

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Seen the movie Thursday and was afraid with all the hype that it would be a let down but i have to say it lived up to my expectations at least.....watching it i tried to stop the fact that ledger is dead clouding how i saw his performance and i thought he was excellent personally.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think we'll see another joker played as well as ledger did it. he was brilliant, scary, funny and psychopathic. and aaron eckhart played harvey dent brilliantly.
the thing that gets me though is everyone saying the other actors were all brilliant. they weren't. there was no need for them to be amazing, gary oldman and maggie gyllenhaal weren't fantastic, and they usually are.

favourite scene
hospital. joker has a great bedside manner. and the magic trick.

Laddey

FH is my second home
I might have a watch but personally i don't like batman films. So far fetched!

If you was gonna be a super hero saving the city you wouldn't wear a gay latex costume.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
its kevlar! it would be spandex, not latex. i guess thats a freudian slip? :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Haare, aye :( Batman needed a costume change, he's too cool for spandex now... KEVLAR 4tw :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
"I'm gonna make this pencil disapear"

Heath certainly lived up to the hype, if you havent seen it then you have no basis for an arguement.

And as stated he wasnt a druggie at all

The scenes that didnt have heath in were sad cause you knew they were missing a genius, def the best Joker imo real perfect mix of humour and insanity

Chronictank

FH is my second home
another recommend, was a good movie
Heath Ledger is defo the best joker by far, well impressed with his performance

I thought the guy who played Harvey Dent was a bit sub par though fortunately most the movie has the joker in it :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i hadnt even heard of heath ledger until he died and now apparently he's the greatest actor ever or whatever, he seems about average to me.

as for batman i think i'll wait for a dvd copy to come out, im too cheap for the cinema :)
i praised him since i saw him (almost) first time. hes a great actor that had alot of diversity in his acting. however the hype is possibly winded way too much up Michael Caine said that when he saw Heath Ledger in Joker role first time he said that he deserved an Oscar, right there. Thats before he died, and those who have seen it can't deny that its a brilliant scene, you know which scene!

fucking awesome movie cept for 2 things. Now i havnt read The Dark Knight but a shame what happens in the end, and the surviliance thingie is jucky as well :(

(also, hi!)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha i used to read the dark knight comic!

dont know why that pleases me so much but it does, i liked heath ledger in 10 things i hate about you and brothers grimm...possibky some other stuff but i cant remember anything else he's been in that i saw. any hoo i really liked the tim burton batmans for me they were the best but they all got ruined by sodding batman and *spits* robin bloody grr! batman forever was pushing it a bit but it wasnt bad but that damn travesty with george clooney in it was total wank.

so im kind of glad they started over but come on guys michael keaton was the dark knight, jack nicholson was bloody great as the joker in the first batman and danny devito totally rocked as the penguin and michelle pheiffererereffer was kittylicious as cat woman, so it kind of bugs me that all those great performances are forgotten because of a "new" batman series.

anyhoo saying that ill probably see this film and be all like onfg pwns! but im not seeing it till its out on dvd saw the new indiana jones at the cinima and came out almost deaf lol.

edit: p.s. know what you mean about hype there are so many films ive seen and really looked foward to and been totally let down...simpsons movie was a big let down imo.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Not forgetting those two movies Ezteq, they were fantastic. It's the drivel that followed them :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Saw it last night

despite the fact I generally HATE superhero movies then I quite enjoyed it. Its a lot grittier than any spider-shit movie and Ledger (IMO) steals the show. theres gonna be a whole lot of people who havnt seen the film who say that he only deserves an oscar becuase he died, but thats just untrue.
Harvey Dent was shit, the CG on his face was pretty nice, but the actor was bad. also the Fight scenes were (probably) rubbish. The action was way too zoomed in and choppy to know what was going on, but theres been a few films like this. I'd had rather watched Wall-E again though :D
overall, 7.5/10 i reckon.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Going on tuesday. I knew it was coming out, but i cant say i have been taken in by the hype machine on this one, it all seemed very low key (or was that just me) until last week, when suddenly everyone sarted talking about it

Saw 'Wanted' last week, thought that was good, few little twists in it made it good fun

Helme

Resident Freddy

I think it's hilarious personally, Ledger died to an overdose yet is cited as a god damned war hero and one of the best actors to ever live. I have no doubt at all that he's good in the movie, but I seriously doubt he's even close to half as good as some people seem to think he is.

That said, I still look forward to seeing the movie, this seems to be the best year yet for superhero flicks, and good ones too, I mean Iron Man was fantastic, the Hulk movie was way beyond expectations and I heard that the Hellboy movie isn't all that bad. Now all we need is a good Superman movie as we are getting Wolverine next year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom