The BlizzCon thread

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I agree @Embattle although I thought the documentary was very good

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I suspect the timing didn't help.

Indeed, the Docuementary of WoW was the only decent thing in the entire BlizzCon. Overwatch looks fun but the timing was terrible, they pretty much slapped all Warcraft fans in the face and said "Look at this game instead" with virtually no coverage of this double anniversary that was meant to mean a great deal for Blizzard.

And still they maintain it was "The greatest BlizzCon ever" no, it wasn't, it wasn't even close to being the greatest BlizzCon ever - not from a fans point of view anyway.

Yoni

I suspect if there had been no anniversary there would not have been a blizzcon... I really don't know what people are expecting... Overwatch was a massive announcement that I am really excited about. As with all blizzcons I watch the things I'm interested in which I did again this year... I was not disappointed as I wasn't expecting any huge wow revelation as expansion is next week.... If fans were expecting massive news about wow (and I have been playing since closed American beta, so I think I can be called a devoted follower and fan) then I think they are a little retarded.... I would be more happy on them focussing on a smooth release Thursday night :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I agree with that, thinking something is going to be announced does not mean it's a failure if they don't, it was never in the plansand only your mind made up this miracle place :p

It's like expecting someone to give you candy, when they haven't even bought candy or talked about candy at all.

Yoni

I am actually just praying for smooth release and a fun packed weekend next weekend where I can just geek out with very little sleep a lot to f red wine and a lot of laughs

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I agree with that, thinking something is going to be announced does not mean it's a failure if they don't, it was never in the plansand only your mind made up this miracle place :p

It's like expecting someone to give you candy, when they haven't even bought candy or talked about candy at all.

I don't think its a case of "Oh they didn't announce anything new, bunch of cunts" I think it was more a case of "It's the 20th and 10th Anniversary and they've done almost nothing apart from a 1 hour documentary that would make you think so" even something simple like going "oh we've fixed wacraft 1,2 and 3 to work on the battlenet launcher/latest os's would have been something.

I do agree Overwatch looks like fun though, I'm just worried they'll try to copy TF2 and start selling custom weapons/hats (which ruined TF2 imo)

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The more I hear about Goblins vs Gnomes for HS the more I'm liking it, 120 cards, most of them with random effects that is going to turn the meta on its head.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't think its a case of "Oh they didn't announce anything new, bunch of cunts" I think it was more a case of "It's the 20th and 10th Anniversary and they've done almost nothing apart from a 1 hour documentary that would make you think so" even something simple like going "oh we've fixed wacraft 1,2 and 3 to work on the battlenet launcher/latest os's would have been something.

Yeah but that's the thing isn't it, i can always say that "why didn't they just make a 2 hour movie about the whole lore of warcraft 1 to wod". but they chose that they'll doa documentary and then do other stuff. 10th anniversary of wow will be in wow anyway.

I just think people were expecting way too much and then get pissy due to unwarranted expecting :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
They might as well have skipped this Blizzcon. They've done it before when nothing interesting came around. I guess Overwatch and the 10th/20th anniversary is the reason why they decided to go ahead. I do agree with Overwatch looking pretty decent though, and yep @BloodOmen, the meta is pretty much gone as we know it. I quite like that. Random occurences are much more fun than control. I felt that with a strong deck rng didn't hurt enough. Will most definitely make Hearthstone a lot more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom