The best thing mythic ever did?

O

old.m0000

Whats the best thing, in your opinion, that mythic ever did for daoc (apart from obvious ones like create it...). No whines about the ammount of crap and how retarded they generally are (hah, first whine) - just the one top thing you think they got spot on, or as near to it as possible.

For me this is the addition of Darkness falls. What more could you want in a dungeon? Not only did it re-vamp the economy at the time (seals), and provide eye candy (in my opinion the best looking dungeon in the game bar SI epic dungeons), but it also became a driving force in the taking, retaking and defending of keeps and one's own frontier.

I do most of my PVE there and most of my RVR there, and I just wub it :D

So, do you agree with me? no? what do you think should be top?

C

Coim-

Aye, I agree. DF is the best they've done so far. Think DF is the best RvR place as well tbh.

N

Novamir

introducing realm rank and realm abilities system.

A

adari

SI graphics, some places look incredible (Galla, Sidi etc)

C

ceix

bg's :p

frontier rvr tends to suck ass 24/7, bg's are mostly fun, and without overpowered ra's etc, everyone is equal there more or less :)

J

Jergiot

worst things would be, spellcrafting+removing cap buffs.

imo anyway.

O

old.m0000

i said best thing !

We all know they suck overall ! :p

E

Elomiem

well,to be truthefull,imo the best thing they did was DF,not much else good really (spellcrafting + cap removal might approve to many but it made the game more focused on earning cash to get sc and alch (well,i have full sc and alch..but only cause without u have no chance :( )...)..lets see if the future can bring anything...
well,if i could redesign the game (well,from now ..not completly..or well,atleast the RvR,realm balance etc ;p )..u know how it would be..perfect :)

imo open a new english server with max pop block meaning if a realm has reached 1/3 of the server pop no new people/chars can join/be created on that realm...(well,guess who will whine at that..not having the poss to zerg any more ;p)

B

bracken_woodman

SI graphics are nice...but I'm thinking housing will be the best thing.

G

Garnet

Getting me out of between doors 1 and 2 of the relic keep doors. /stuck didnt work and no gatekeeper to get out.. :(

O

old.Icebreaker

The Block fixes, took them only 2 years to fix them all :clap:

K

kirennia

1.50 patch was fantastic.....if I remember correctly it bought in DF as well as a shed load more stuff, the first day of that was great

K

kenid

best thing: Battlegrounds
worst thing: Realm ranks and abilities

F

Flimgoblin

DF was 1.49 or 1.48 :)
RA's 1.50

SI was really good - added a whole load of high level stuff to do. Something that was really lacking.

DF is good for RvR - not so sure I like it so much for PvE - the raid aspect was great :) but I just don't like hunting there... or the effect the diamond seals/merchants had on the economy. That was the first thing to kill off drop hunting (before SC came in and did it wholesale)

L

leoric

More choice of pets for sorc,s includeing undead :), And DF of course :)

C

congin

Realm Ranks (note Realm Ranks, not realm abilities), I think the frontiers would be pretty empty wihtout them...

next best thing would be DF, very nice dungeon for exping, chashfarming and pre-SC, itemhunting.

D

doneagle

DF was a very good addition to the game but i think housing will be the best thing. Just the knowledge of it being there in the near future has already driven our guild to new hights and people are loving there chars again in pve.

Who wouldn't like an alliance village for there own :)
Let's just hope rvr gets a new boost with the rvr patch.

E

Elomiem

whats so bad bour RR's and RA's????
there has to be some point in doing alot of RvR xcept getting knowledge bout it..

U

Urme the Legend

PBAoE and End regen for Midgard, the best thing that ever happened midgard at least, I can't understand how we exped before that :)

Other then that Darkness Falls and SI graphic engine.. I sure hope the RvR expansion and house expansion will be great to ;)

G

greenfingers

best: DF, nerfing LA, 1.62 (RF:)) and ofc. the patch I started in... 1.46 :)

worst: RA (some are good, some are crap and some are overpwrd:)), game is still not RADEON compatible!!! :(

W

Whoodoo_RD

Best - BGs - more fun less zerg
Worst - RAs and SCing (kills PvE)

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by doneagle
DF was a very good addition to the game but i think housing will be the best thing. Just the knowledge of it being there in the near future has already driven our guild to FARM CASH 24/7

But seriously I think the BGs were a great addition, oh and spread heals so that healing classes could actually heal in rvr.

G

greenfingers

What I meant was that I can't run DAoC w/o lag...

But on my VERY old GeForce2 mx200 I run the normal client w/o ANY bugs, any lag what so ever .. even with several grps inc, running around in Emain etc. etc.

I think Mythic s00k arse, when they say that U can run DAoC on a Radeon card, LIES all LIES !!!!

It's no fucking joke ... I bought my Radeon 9700 PRO like 3 months ago... at first I was like:
o_0 smoooth, nice graphics in PvE and generally NICE!!!
After like 2 days I went RvR .. Keep raid taking place ... I jumped on the pad, little lag (ofc.)... ported .. one of the first to finish porting ... great I thought.. got into guild grp.. ran across emain ... what a lag .. I mean 2 fg's running around, having to wait for me every 2-3 min because I got out of range for af :(
Major lag when ever we encountered the enemy.. I mean ... WTF!?!?
A friend of mine has a GF4 Ti4200 running perfectly smooth ALL the time, even on keep/relic raids (SI client)!!!

anywayZ .. just a whine ... again - read tech help clicky

K

kenid

Originally posted by Elomiem
whats so bad bour RR's and RA's????
there has to be some point in doing alot of RvR xcept getting knowledge bout it..

Actually there's nothing bad about Realm Ranks.

Realm abilities are stupid imo.
Doesn't lvling your char to 50 take long enough? Now you have a whole new lvl path to complete to get to a decent RR so your char is strong enough to be able to beat the enemy.
The realm abilities itself or not bad, but don't make them buyable with realm points. Just give them when you reach 50.
Why not give the abilities like True Sight, Volley, Longshot, etc when you reach 50 (yes, I'm an archer :) ).

Maybe you haven't realised this, but RR and RA are only implemented to keep players hooked on the game. All because Mythic/GOA wants to keep earning money on your ass, but it adds nothing to the game.

K

kenid

Maybe another solution would be to give a char a fixed amount of realm points when he reaches 50. With these RP he can buy RA to his liking. But plz don't give RP according amount of RvR kills.
It just adds a new hierarchy to the game, which we don't need cuz we already have one: lvl1 - 50.

C

cougar-

Originally posted by kenid
Maybe another solution would be to give a char a fixed amount of realm points when he reaches 50. With these RP he can buy RA to his liking. But plz don't give RP according amount of RvR kills.
It just adds a new hierarchy to the game, which we don't need cuz we already have one: lvl1 - 50.

QQ more

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom