The BEST class in albion ?

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
80
Had a discussion with a friend the other night, figured id bring it to the boards and see what average albs think.
Question: What is the BEST class in albion?
And why does it deserve to be the best.

Imo, even tho i dont have one (yet) its the Minstrel.
Reason why is...
A regular FG becomes alot better with a mincer cause of speed/mezz, remove mezz, SoS and absorb. Not to mention passives like heal/power while resting.
So its a key char for a good RvR grp imo.
Now for the "darker" side of RvR... Stealth groups.
As long as Albion have a mincer that can stealth we will ALWAYS have advantage over any stealther group from another realm. Same reasons as i mentioned in "regular" groups.
Now, can a mincer make it soloing ?
Yes, a mincer has no problem soloing. IP/purge/stun/purge/SoS/mezz can give the mincer safe escape if suprise attacked...
And thanks to stealth they can avoid fg´s running around.
Mincers are also easy to find grps with in PvE.
Oh right, they are fun to play. :D

Now my friends, anyone willing to offer me another char as the "Best" class in albion ?
 

Night

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
749
Reaver ofc :D
Great solo in rvr and pve :D and they work great against Hib grps, not so well against mid tank grps :(

errrrr they also kill stealthers alot :drink:
 

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 19, 2004
Messages
505
i have a minser .. and becuase of the minser i belive the stealther team of albion is like a savage group of midgaard ...(in the stealth world) at high RR's i would jump up to double of the numbers im with ... 2->4, 3->6
 

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
805
Hmm.. well mincer is certainly a good class, best in alb perhaps
 

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
80
Thire said:
nooooooooo i don't wanna be fotm :(
Either present a char that sounds better, or pay me a hefty sum and ill move the spotlight. :cheers:
 

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
648
Sure, the Minstrel is a great class and fun to play... but in anything other than 'stealth wars' it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without the support of other classes. Clerics keep Minstrels alive, Tanks and Casters protect them and help kill their enemies.

It is the diversity of different classes that makes this game fun, and trying to elevate one class above the rest is really a waste of time. Each class functions better than others in different situations, and different classes have abilities that compliment the abilities of other classes. Different classes will also suit different peoples preferred playstyles. I prefer playing tanks, while others prefer casters. Some people are expert with CC classes, while others are great healers.

There isn't really a 'best class' in Albion as I see it. It's the player behind the class that makes the difference.
 

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
80
Alithiel said:
Sure, the Minstrel is a great class and fun to play... but in anything other than 'stealth wars' it wouldn't be anywhere near as effective without the support of other classes. Clerics keep Minstrels alive, Tanks and Casters protect them and help kill their enemies.

It is the diversity of different classes that makes this game fun, and trying to elevate one class above the rest is really a waste of time. Each class functions better than others in different situations, and different classes have abilities that compliment the abilities of other classes. Different classes will also suit different peoples preferred playstyles. I prefer playing tanks, while others prefer casters. Some people are expert with CC classes, while others are great healers.

There isn't really a 'best class' in Albion as I see it. It's the player behind the class that makes the difference.
The good thing with mincer tho, is that he can choose how to RvR, if he doesent feel like grouping he can go solo. If he feels like joining steathers... he can.
And its not to hard to join regular grps if he feels like it. Hence you gain advatages of most aspects of RvR.
 

Twigbob

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
93
Theres more to daoc that rvr :eek:

and minstrels are hardly the best class to pve with
 

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
163
Obviously the question is largely meaningless ;) Since the best class is whatever your group doesn't have and needs to balance itself.

But in terms of single greatest chance to affect the outcome of any encounter...

Rejuv clerics.

Not have rejuv cleric = group dead following almost all meaningful encounters.

Also, take a typical xp group in any given location, take average level of each class. Note that clerics get invited 3-4 levels lower ;)

But really, as I said, it's meaningless question, because a balanced and functional group is far more important both to the success and funness of a daoc session than any specific class.
 

flex

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
159
tbh, i enjoy playing my sorcerer alot more then my mins in fg's

haven't played my mins with stealthers alot tho
 

Ronin

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
80
Arindra said:
Obviously the question is largely meaningless ;) Since the best class is whatever your group doesn't have and needs to balance itself.

But in terms of single greatest chance to affect the outcome of any encounter...

Rejuv clerics.

Not have rejuv cleric = group dead following almost all meaningful encounters.

Also, take a typical xp group in any given location, take average level of each class. Note that clerics get invited 3-4 levels lower ;)

But really, as I said, it's meaningless question, because a balanced and functional group is far more important both to the success and funness of a daoc session than any specific class.
Best class imo is a class you can do alot with, and if you get bored with it you can change style WITHOUT using respeccstone. And it should be a class that the group "miss" if they dont have it. A good class is a bla bla bla, that can aid his fellow bla bla bla. I said what class is BEST overall. In OTHER things then beeing a good cog weel in a fg. :D
A class that you can adapt to the type of group your playing, and make the grp better. Cant see how a cleric could be good for a stealtehr group, other then speccing full rejuvenation and be afk 24/7... fun to play =P
 

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
246
Think that mincer has to be the best equiped alb class in the game atm. It has everything a group or soloer would need.

But for my money a good sorc has always been indispensable. Just a shame there are so many crap ones around since they got crack and undead pets. Damn inconnu fotm boys pfft!
 

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
648
Ronin said:
Best class imo is a class you can do alot with, and if you get bored with it you can change style WITHOUT using respeccstone. And it should be a class that the group "miss" if they dont have it. A good class is a bla bla bla, that can aid his fellow bla bla bla. I said what class is BEST overall. In OTHER things then beeing a good cog weel in a fg. :D
A class that you can adapt to the type of group your playing, and make the grp better. Cant see how a cleric could be good for a stealtehr group, other then speccing full rejuvenation and be afk 24/7... fun to play =P
As I said, everyone is going to have their own opinions as to what class is the best from their own point of view and what they enjoy playing. Trying to get everyone to agree on what is the absolute best is just a waste of time. The BEST class is the one you yourself have the most fun playing.


To Ofelya: :wub: :D
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,648
Alithiel said:
There isn't really a 'best class' in Albion as I see it. It's the player behind the class that makes the difference.

how sweet =)))99999999999999999

p.s. i wanne eat ur avellana
 

Gorbash

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
130
Twigbob said:
Theres more to daoc that rvr :eek:

and minstrels are hardly the best class to pve with
pfft, speak for yourself, gimme a greater telly pet and a buffbot and ill show ya how to own purples without lifting a finger ;)
 

Chosen

FH is my second home
Joined
Dec 29, 2003
Messages
2,612
Wildfire said:
pfft don't say that i joined midgard to roll a class it was few off!
sorc are gimped guys nothing to see here!
 

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 13, 2004
Messages
1,365
mincer imo.

I can run around while single mezzing/interupting
I got shouts enough to keep 2 classes interupted ALL the time
I can kill 2 vakten Sbs solo
I can instant stun


...
 

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
1,025
Minstrel is uber.
You do need to learn how to play it though, and you need some decent RR to get the right tools, but once you get AP, purge, sos and ip you are ready to kick some serious ass.
Shame every enemy stealther out in Emain hates a fair fight, and I have yet to have a 1 vs 1 with my minstrel :(
Regards, Glottis
 

Sandokan

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
2
hmm some good classes

Mincer is nice, in stealthteams better
Infil with bb

Merc is nice in groups

Cleric is like all healclasses in reju, but nice RA's, smite sucks a bit atm :) (me <-- former fullsmitecleric)

Hybridarms (stun him stun him) if well played in groups

Theurg if well played

Sorc if well played

so there is not a special ueberclasse in albion, some good ones but groups are a bit weak in rvr, because to many toolz on to many classes....
 

rivan

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
272
Shame every enemy stealther out in Emain hates a fair fight, and I have yet to have a 1 vs 1 with my minstrel
Regards, Glottis


Yer cos Alb stealthers always fight 1on1.
 

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 25, 2003
Messages
1,355
theurgist for rvr, pve, & raids.
esp next patch.

mincer is a nice class but a theur can actually interupt alot more and is a great class for pve and raids.
 

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
529
It is quite obvious that it is the friar. No other class can let the enemies feel the Wrath of God as well as them. And they make decent combat medics too. :)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom