The "Baphomet slags off a country a day" thread.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

It's one thing to insult a nation, hell, insult me but don't diss the ass whooping troops who fought(all the way to moscow) against a 20 times bigger army.

That was the German army... Fins were hanging around Leningrad.;)

The Finns(sp) did a fantastic defense job in the first Russo-Finnish war, though.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
That was the German army... Fins were hanging around Leningrad.;)

The Finns(sp) did a fantastic defense job in the first Russo-Finnish war, though.

Ah...standing here corrected. Leningrad. Anyway, long ways to the russian soil.

B

baphomet

Ah...standing here corrected. Leningrad. Anyway, long ways to the russian soil.

but irrrelevent in regards to Finland gaining Independence.

O

old.Tohtori

Sigh... ok maybe in some paper it states "handed independence" but we still fought for it.

In simple terms.

It wasn't a gift from russia still.

B

baphomet

but we still fought for it.
In simple terms.
It wasn't a gift from russia still.

How? Evidence, links please, Everything I've read so far states, Finland asked for independence and Russia gave it to them in 1917. I see no references to battles at that time of Finland vs Russia, that came later (1939).

If you can show me proof, I'll admit I'm wrong , no problems.

B

baphomet

It seems to me, it reads as it was a Civil war that started after Finland Was given independence by Russia.
Unless I'm mistaken, It wasn't a war between Russia and Finland but between two potential ruling powers in Finland (and the Germans putting their Oar in as well).

O

old.Tohtori

"Parliament began to take steps to disarm and expel the troops of the former motherland, Russia, from the country in order to secure independence and freedom of action."

That is quite clear.

"The Russian government, on their side, declared war"

War.

"against the "antirevolutionary" troops of the Finnish government. This is how the War of Independence broke out on the 28th of January, 1918."

War of Independence.

Isn't this clear allready? And evidently we won.

B

baphomet

"Parliament began to take steps to disarm and expel the troops of the former motherland, Russia, from the country in order to secure independence and freedom of action."
That is quite clear.
"The Russian government, on their side, declared war"
War.
"against the "antirevolutionary" troops of the Finnish government. This is how the War of Independence broke out on the 28th of January, 1918."
War of Independence.
Isn't this clear allready? And evidently we won.

Whilst Russia declared war, there are IMO debatable points in the text. As to how much involvement Russia had in this "War" or even which side they were supporting to some extent.
Russia allowed Finland to break away due to other factors, I.E. Germany.

Either way, Russia recognised Finnish independence a year before this happened.

O

old.Tohtori

"At the close of the war operations in May 1918, the Soviet Government agreed to negotiate peace with the Finnish government through German mediation. It was not until spring 1920 that the negotiations were reopened, and the Tartu Peace Treaty was signed in October 1920."

"They managed, supported by Russian troops, to occupy the southern part of the country. "

Russians were involved. It was an effort to rid finland of russian troops.

Peace was signed in 1920.

We fought, we won, we were -not- given our independence.

I don't consider it "giving an independece" when we have to go to war to rid the troops from our homeland.

B

baphomet

"They managed, supported by Russian troops, to occupy the southern part of the country. "

THEY , being Finns, who happened to be loyal to Russia, I.E. This is a Civil war.

O

old.Tohtori

"Parliament began to take steps to disarm and expel the troops of the former motherland, Russia, from the country in order to secure independence and freedom of action.The Russian government, on their side, declared war against the "antirevolutionary" troops of the Finnish government. This is how the War of Independence broke out on the 28th of January, 1918."

Once more.

Take action to kick russian out to SECURE independence.

Russian goverment declared war. Russians. War.

This is how the War of Independence began.

This war turned to the civil war also but it WAS the war on independence. Two different wars.

How can you still say, after the proof you asked, that there was no fight for the independence.

B

baphomet

Time to slag off Germany now.

OI!, my thread, Finland today, Scotland tomorrow.
Don't worry, I haven't forgotten Germany.

B

baphomet

"Parliament began to take steps to disarm and expel the troops of the former motherland, Russia, from the country in order to secure independence and freedom of action.The Russian government, on their side, declared war against the "antirevolutionary" troops of the Finnish government. This is how the War of Independence broke out on the 28th of January, 1918."

Once more.

Take action to kick russian out to SECURE independence.

Russian goverment declared war. Russians. War.

This is how the War of Independence began.

This war turned to the civil war also but it WAS the war on independence. Two different wars.

How can you still say, after the proof you asked, that there was no fight for the independence.

I appreciate what you're saying, but From reading what you linked, there were Finns on the Russian side too, I.E.
I.E. a Civil war, of course the Victors will say it was they who won and was a fight for their independence (under their rule).
If the Other Finns had won who liked the Russians who were there, They would have called it a victory and independence.

B

baphomet

Well, it's Saturday, Just....30 mins past midnight.

Now, Scotland.

First of all, let's talk about Kilts.
FACE IT!!!...It's a DRESS, it's not some traditional costume, you're just a nation of crossdressers!..

HAGGIS!
This has got to be one of the most disgusting food products in existence.
It's made of the the contents of a sheep's stomach, mixed with barley and various other stuff..
THEN, it's wrapped in a sheeps stomach lining... :puke:
That is truly foul.

And now one of my personal pet hates.
That bloody movie "Braveheart"
The story of William Wallace is actually very interesting, But pretty much the only similarity between that movie and the actual William Wallace was, there was a guy with that name who lived in Scotland.

Willaim Wallace was actually 3/4 Norman descent and 1/4 Scottish.

Furthermore, He wasn't some stinking peasant, he was a Norman Noble (admittedly a minor one)

He didn't wear a scruffy kilt, neither did he wear Wode into combat.
He wore what every other Self respecting Norman knight wore at the time...Chainmail.

He did not lead an army to sack York, He didn't even get that far down South.

Also, he did not Impregnate Edward Longshanks French Wife.
How do I know this?, because at that time, she was about 7 years old.

The Scottish Parliament.
Do you Scots REALLY think you have autonomy from England?
Well, you don't.
All the Scottish parliment does is line the pockets of even more corrupt politicians.
And the hilarious thing is, they do this with yor blessing, coz they sucker you with your blind Patriotism.

Tartan...
OHHH, you're Sooo proud of your Tartan.
You probably think the tradition of tartan goes back to the year dot don't you?
Well, it doesn't , it goes back to the 18th century.
So it has about a couple of hundred years of history.
Not much is it?

As for the Scottish Accent, well, the level of offensiveness of the accent depends on where in Scotland you goto.
In Edinburgh, people are more or less understandable.
But goto Glasgow or Stirling and they're incomprehensible!.
The accent is SO thick, even the rest of the Scots can't understand them, they speak SO fast, you'd think they've done 5 grams of speed all in one go.
And then there's the Dundee accent, I used to have a Girlfriend from Dundee. In the few months the relationship lasted, I didn't understand a word she said!

One last thing....Yes, the English stole the Stone of Scone, NO , they're NOT giving it back :p ...

Tomorrow (being Sunday) I shall slag off Australia.

O

old.Dillinja

Time to slag off Germany now.

I like Germany, I have no problems at all with Germany. France and America, different story.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

The Scotland one was funneh. :D

Time for Germany *throws towel on thread*

B

baphomet

The Scotland one was funneh. :D

Time for Germany *throws towel on thread*

I'lll do Germany AFTER Australia, I promise..
It'll be on Monday, I'll be in a bad mood on monday, so it'll be nasty..

J

Jonaldo

Actually a kilt isn't a dress.

A dress is a full body length garment, while a skirt is worn from the waist down.

Therefore a kilt is a skirt.
Scottish men wear skirts.
They are skirt wearers, and the wearers of skirts.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Actually a kilt isn't a dress.

A dress is a full body length garment, while a skirt is worn from the waist down.

Therefore a kilt is a skirt.
Scottish men wear skirts.
They are skirt wearers, and the wearers of skirts.
'

You seem to know a lot about that..
OK, I stand corrected. It's a skirt.
Either way, they're crossdressers..

K

krait

I suppose that means that when they go to the toilet they become skirt-lifters......

F

Flimgoblin

right about the parliament ;)

We had to prove to ourselves that we could be as corrupt and useless as Westminster :)

They spent an absolute fortune on building the new parliament building - not even sure they've finished it yet - initial estimates were around 1/10th of what the final cost is (if it's not more)

Kilts are cool I'm afraid :)

Haggis isn't the contents of a sheeps stomach - that'd be a bit too acid to eat, it's chopped up bits of sheep mixed with oatmeal and spices, you're right about it being served inside a sheeps stomach though (like all sausages used to be ...) although you get them wrapped in plastic nowadays. If it makes you feel that sick get a Veggie haggis :) no sheep has ever been near it.

The speed comment is probably right depending on where you're from - and Dundee is a shithole :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
you're right about it being served inside a sheeps stomach though (like all sausages used to be ...)

Te best sausages are still processed inside a pigs pooptube.

E

ellya

One last thing....Yes, the English stole the Stone of Scone, NO , they're NOT giving it back ...

Actually, they already did give it back a couple of years ago..

On November 15, 1996, the Stone of Destiny, on which Scottish kings had been crowned since time immemorial, was brought back to Scotland 700 years after the army of King Edward I of England carted it off to Westminster Abbey in London. Now safely ensconced in Edinburgh Castle, the 152 kg rock popularly known outside Scotland as the "Stone of Scone" has joined the other Scottish royal regalia -- crown, scepter, sword and jewels -- in a closely-guarded museum.

H

Hargh

Haggis i believe is heart and lungs as the meat constituent and very yummy it is too.

If you can't handle offal you shouldn't be eating meat!

ps. pls continue slagging.

pps. Scotland isn't actually a country.

B

baphomet

I thought people sort of lost interest in this thread.
But on a whim , I was searching through my old threads and found it again.

So,
AUSTRALIA.

What is it about Australians?
I lived in Australia from the age of 4 to 21, so I know it fairly well.
It seemed to me Aussies were pretty relaxed when I was living there.
I went back for a bit several years ago and they've turned into flag waving patriots who will bite your head off if you DARE criticise Australia..
Bloody annoying.
I think it's to do with this "We want to become a republic" thing.
Why?, well Australians seem to think they lack some sort of Identity.
And while it is true I have more culture growing between my toes than the amount of Culture Australia has, I felt it was a positive thing that Australia didn't have a long cultural history.
Why?, well, Just look at any country with a long history.
It's just a reason for people to hate each other for some reason.

And the history that Australia DOES have is bloody awful.
The way the Aboriginals were treated over the years was truly horrendous.
No wonder the Aboriginals are so militant now.

Tradidtional Australian food.
The meat pies taste like shit.
Fosters tastes like piss.
Vegemite is like eating tar off a road.

The Australian Accent.
Let's face it.
It's a nightmare.
I think what Australians have done to the English language is criminal.
Maybe it's because they're so fucking stupid that they feel the need to abbreviate words as much as possible.
And when this isn't possible, they merge the words together into one long word they like to call a sentence.

They really ARE a bunch of Criminals
The Australian government is so corrupt it's a joke.
The Australian police force is just as bad.
I think it must be a pre-requisite to be an Australian politician that you must have spent some time in jail for embezzling funds at some stage.
And the hilarious thing is, it's true.
These people who are managing the tax dollars the average Aussie is paying end up in jail and then they're just back in government appointed by their politician "mates".

The Australian currency
It's worth shit.
May as well use the money for toilet paper, it'd be worth more then.

Australian Soap operas
Oh my fucking god I truly hate the Australian Soap Operas.
Actually just add any Aussie TV series, they're all crap.
I partially blame all the other countries for encouraging them to make more and export them.
Television stations of the World!!!! STOP BUYING AUSTRALIAN TV SERIES!!!!!
They're awful!.

Australian Women
Don't believe what you see on TV.
Australian women are pig ugly.
IF you want to get an idea what an Aussie woman's face looks like, Get a prune and leave it out in the hot sun for a few days.
There you have it!
I guess the weather is just too harsh for white women and it just destroys their looks by the time they're 25.
Avoid them at all costs!!

That's it for now..
I'll slag off Germany next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom