Sport The Ashes

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
if there was anywhere in australia we were likely to lose on this tour it was the WACA, we'll come back ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I did LOL hard at the collapse of the Aussies last night.

tierk

Part of the furniture
They think its all over.....

Oh wait that is footie :p

Awesome England, i mean seriously high quality stuff and probably the best England performance i have seen - 2005 also a awesome series - in a long long time.

:england:

*****EDIT*****

We are the Army, the Barmy Army .....

They should be given a medal for they consistent support f**king awesome.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Stayed up and watched most of the series so far.

Can't wait for tonight :england:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Nicely done lads, that was a big fucking victory. Now get your heads down and do it again in Sydney to record the best overseas Ashes win ever.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
34r6k2g.jpg

Everz

FH is my second home
CHEER UP RICKY PONTING, OH WHAT CAN IT BE? YOU SAD, CONVICT BASTARD AND YOUR SHITE CRICKET TEAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Been well worth staying up to watch these. :D

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
super. lets get the job done properly now at the SCG.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aussies at 159-5, pretty nice start by us Pommy bastards. :D

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
280 all out.. bit of a rally by aussies there... but pitch looks flat now..

under 350 and england will have played poor...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
167-3 not too bad at all but really need crack on now and make those Aussies sweat for a second innings.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
An even day on day 2 really. Once again Pietersen doesn't fucking learn - he's so simple to bowl against; give him a while at the crease playing fast or medium-fast unplayables or sticking them to his legs and then tempt him with a bouncer and he's bound to chuck is bat at it with the touch of a rapist. That bloke has been got out so many times like it and has never learnt from getting himself out like that. He would have put many more truly big scores on boards through tests if he had learnt and would become one of the batting greats. Sadly, he won't be remebered as such - very tragic for a professional cricketer to not rectify what is a massive weakness in his game.

Roll on day 3 - Anderson might not last long!!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
280 plays... 644!!

good luck with that Australia heh

leviathane

Part of the furniture
it's a big defeat losing at home, but end of the day sport changes so quickly. We had our golden moment, probably longer than any team will ever have again. Atm it's all india n england. But we'll be back eventually, afterall if england can come back after 20 odd years of shite we can too xD

Dunno where we're gonna go from here personally, we don't really have any senior bowlers. Think we need to do what we've done in the rugby and start blooding the youngens.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
End of the day full credit to england. Fully deserved and were easily the best team. Can't be too bitter in sports, you win some you lose some. And things can change pretty quickly, theres still hope yet. Probs not in time for next ashes though, need some bowlers with confidence/leadership.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
had an email read out on Jeremy Vine Show on Radio 2 earlier about the Ashes..

"Fantastic result lads but.. how DARE David Cameron jump on the bandwagon saying the victory is great for the country when the hypocrite is cutting sports funding for schools."

made me fucking sick when i saw him do that this morning. HOW are we meant to have more moments like this when the fucker doesnt even realise sports as a kid is how you nurture talent?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
omg yes cos it's only sports he's cutting funding for? :) let's not make this a political argument tbh.

Here's a joke which made me chuckle.

What do you call a world class aussie cricketer?
Retired

tierk

Part of the furniture
What do you call a world class aussie cricketer?
Retired

In the spirit of this last post.

Why did the Aussie break his leg throwing a ball?

He forgot it was chained to his foot

leviathane

Part of the furniture
gotta love T20, pretty much the most balanced game of cricket you can have. End of the day anyone can win. So far this series both match's come down to the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom