The art of keeping people informed

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Teh FnoRd said:
Posting on FH is never a smart move :(

Or posting a sarcastic thread title is never a smart move, Dimse should have named the thread "When is LoTM coming out on Euro Servers" and have received a straight forward answer, instead of the argument above :fluffle:

Gamah

Banned
Dimse Dut said:
I’m not sure how to respond to the replies but here goes.

The topic was: The art of keeping people informed. a topic that most of you seemed to have missed in your eagerness to reply.

I really don’t think a player should have to search through the news archives to find dates on expansion, and the reason that I was looking for the information was because several people had asked me when it came out.

To Penlid: Thank you for answering and I apologize if I misunderstood your reply but you missed the point of the post. I don’t think it’s wrong to post something that is a game issue here instead of cluttering up the RightNow mail box, when considering the other issues there might be in the game this one can seem like a minor one in comparison.

To Gamah: I don’t think that typing stfu can be considered anything other than a minor typing issue between you and your English skills. Attacking people, who came to my defense by ridiculing them or making fun of their typing skills, that is just one step away from throwing yourself on the floor in a hissy fit because someone dares to contradict you.

To the rest of you people who have browsed this thread i would like you to think about how you would like to be kept up to date with expansions and patches. If you are happy then great but if you think there could be improvements then rightnow your suggestions, because as you can se posting them on FH isn’t a smart move =D.

Im sorry I counter flame your little gimps.

Naughty me!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
yawn.jpg

I care.... no really, I do...

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
You aint missing much tbh
The new dungeon is a lag monster
Impossible for a lot of people to play in

New items are useless compared to ToA items
But thats the problem with releasing content with classic/toa servers
It needs to be desirable enough for ToA players to buy it
And not be full of OP'ed crap that pissed off so many classic customers in the first place

Very poor expansion
It really shows that mythic are concentrating on WAR

Just my first impressions
I started the game when SI was released
As an expansion this one is teh worst

And I honestly don't remember an anticlimax this bad since a girl I wanted to see naked for months, took her bra off and her tits dropped like 2 hanged men :p

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so in short:

- You want GOA to repeat everything they ever said in the news every week so you don't have to look through older news posts.
- You want GOA people to instantly reply to you on a forum that is not an official support channel. Because some people around you asked you a question.
- You want people to bow down to your sarcasm without replying to you in any other way then a positive one.
- Counter sarcasm or flaming your friends that started flaming to begin with is not permitted.

Now lets hope GOA reads this so they can change their website and posting policies accordingly. And lets hope the FH reader base has learned it's lesson.

:worthy:

Nate

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:
Ok so in short:

- You want GOA to repeat everything they ever said in the news every week so you don't have to look through older news posts.
- You want GOA people to instantly reply to you on a forum that is not an official support channel. Because some people around you asked you a question.
- You want people to bow down to your sarcasm without replying to you in any other way then a positive one.
- Counter sarcasm or flaming your friends that started flaming to begin with is not permitted.

Now lets hope GOA reads this so they can change their website and posting policies accordingly. And lets hope the FH reader base has learned it's lesson.

It's good you broke this down pirk, I'm sure all the GOA staff who probably looked at this post a few times, albeit very confused. Can now find it all broken down in to croissant sized chunks! they loves em i bets they do!!

Please don't make anymore silly threads like this Dimse, just makes you out to be a moron.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Aiteal said:
The new dungeon is a lag monster
Impossible for a lot of people to play in

New items are useless compared to ToA items

Lag monster = the 4000 shrooms from the hib zerg ;) not the dungeon.

Have you got yourself any mythirian items yet? given they go in a new item slot I don't see how it makes them useless compared to ToA ...

The actual drops are OK - similar to the good stuff in catacombs/darkness rising. I agree that it's shite that the big sack of cack that is classic has negative impact on the normal servers.

IMO, add in new items with ToA bonuses in the new expansions and just remove all the items for the luddite server :) *gets lynched*

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
Lag monster = the 4000 shrooms from the hib zerg ;) not the dungeon.

Have you got yourself any mythirian items yet? given they go in a new item slot I don't see how it makes them useless compared to ToA ...

The actual drops are OK - similar to the good stuff in catacombs/darkness rising. I agree that it's shite that the big sack of cack that is classic has negative impact on the normal servers.

IMO, add in new items with ToA bonuses in the new expansions and just remove all the items for the luddite server :) *gets lynched*

The central hub is truely nasty for lag 3fps is just a joke, the other areas aint as bad, but still prone to low fps spikes that just made me log out in frustration.
Thats without seeing a single shroom.

I got a few, con cap and slash resist, not bad items, but nothing that would make me wanna buy the expansion for my excal toa chars.

The armours especially cant compare to epic or the new legendary armours on classic, on ToA, I'd rather use legendary armour/artis.
Havent seen any jewel items so far that would replace anything I have from catas/toa, although, better items may appear over time as the lab is explored more.

I think the whole expansion is a little half arsed, WAR must really be mythics top priority as imo this expansion and darkness rising together make one expansion, as seperate expansions, they aint much tbh.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
And I honestly don't remember an anticlimax this bad since a girl I wanted to see naked for months, took her bra off and her tits dropped like 2 hanged men :p

That made me choke on my dinner!

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
Ok so in short:

www.goa.com
go have a look

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
this expansion will suck big time...and when they gonna remove the Toa client also...they loose customers since some ppl cant afford to upgrade there computers to play cata/dr client...so nice work goa u might have lost 2-3 month worth of income from players that cant play DR client becuase of the lagg they get...this was 1 of the stupid moves mythic/GoA has made...and thats my copper

Nate

FH is my second home
Dwali said:
this expansion will suck big time...and when they gonna remove the Toa client also...they loose customers since some ppl cant afford to upgrade there computers to play cata/dr client...so nice work goa u might have lost 2-3 month worth of income from players that cant play DR client becuase of the lagg they get...this was 1 of the stupid moves mythic/GoA has made...and thats my copper
this coming about has generally nothing to do with goa, mythic put the idea forward..as mythic makes the game you see. nice work on the blame game!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:

Lets play the 'ignore the facts that they know about the issue and are trying to fix the new clients so they do work on older PCs' game.

Darzil

Gamah

Banned
Dwali said:

Customers will be loose? Goa designing game? tis stuff of newness?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
still daoc will die if they dont do anything,this new expansion wont get any new players/old players back.And with the toa remove it wont be new players...ok i know they working on doing cata/dr better for old comps but if so they should have that done before removing toa client.Lucky i dont have to care about that much more...only thing that would get me back to daoc wont ever happen

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Dwali said:
still daoc will die if they dont do anything,this new expansion wont get any new players/old players back.And with the toa remove it wont be new players...ok i know they working on doing cata/dr better for old comps but if so they should have that done before removing toa client.Lucky i dont have to care about that much more...only thing that would get me back to daoc wont ever happen
Isn't it amazing how someone can have such a strong opinion while having no apparent knowledge on the subject, and no intention on gaining this knowledge?

Gamah

Banned
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Isn't it amazing how someone can have such a strong opinion while having no apparent knowledge on the subject, and no intention on gaining this knowledge?

It is quite amazing, you would think a quick visit to the latest patch notes + the power of commen sense would have solved his answers. I honestly am baffeled at the stupidity displayed by both Dimise and his bitch Dwali.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
It is quite amazing, you would think a quick visit to the latest patch notes + the power of commen sense would have solved his answers. I honestly am baffeled at the stupidity displayed by both Dimise and his bitch Dwali.
Yeah but *GASP* that takes effort

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dimse Dut said:
Soo GoA...I was wondering when the new expansion can be expected here on the european servers....I mean since its gone public on the US servers and there is no mention of it on the GoA site.

Soo Dimse, I was wondering when I can expect you to tell your guild's Armsmen to stop Crossbow-shooting from keep towers... I mean since every other Armsman stopped to do it and yours are still getting realm mates killed by giving the enemies targets for AoE spells.

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Dimise and his bitch Dwali.

Dimse is a girl...but i thought u where albs bitch....to bad i cant have u to myself anymore :(

Atleast dimse is nice towards ppl...not like u have ever been

"i never use cone bugg bainshee player"

Gamah

Banned
Dwali said:
Dimse is a girl...but i thought u where albs bitch....to bad i cant have u to myself anymore :(

Atleast dimse is nice towards ppl...not like u have ever been

"i never use cone bugg bainshee player"

LOL :D SO thats why you're defending her so badly, you've be hoping to score yourself some E-pussy?

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say Im shocked by the hostility of the respons to this thread but I can honestly say that you have to come up with better arguments than verbal abuse to actually make me care. I have giggled because of the absurdety of it and the effort that people have put into the insults (or rather the lack of effort).

Dearest Gamah

Sorry to have to tell you this but I pity you. Not for what you write but more the need to feel power by attacking people in that way. Im sure you will continue and sit with a little smile on your lip if someone felt provoked by your insults, you will feel smarter than them and pat yourself on the shoulder. YAY go you Gamah!
Im sure I will be target of another "gamah" attack but frankly its ok =D I dont mind helping Gamah feel good about himself, when it takes so little...

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Soo Dimse, I was wondering when I can expect you to tell your guild's Armsmen to stop Crossbow-shooting from keep towers... I mean since every other Armsman stopped to do it and yours are still getting realm mates killed by giving the enemies targets for AoE spells.
I suppose it'd be too hard for the person standing next to the armsman to just move out of the spell radius?

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
I suppose it'd be too hard for the person standing next to the armsman to just move out of the spell radius?

Especially considering this was a year ago that the event Manish is refering to took place =D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Dimse Dut said:
I have to say Im shocked by the hostility of the respons to this thread but I can honestly say that you have to come up with better arguments than verbal abuse to actually make me care. I have giggled because of the absurdety of it and the effort that people have put into the insults (or rather the lack of effort).

Dearest Gamah

Sorry to have to tell you this but I pity you. Not for what you write but more the need to feel power by attacking people in that way. Im sure you will continue and sit with a little smile on your lip if someone felt provoked by your insults, you will feel smarter than them and pat yourself on the shoulder. YAY go you Gamah!
Im sure I will be target of another "gamah" attack but frankly its ok =D I dont mind helping Gamah feel good about himself, when it takes so little...
Dimse, why can't you just accept that you were the one wrong here?

Gamah

Banned
Dimse Dut said:

Dearest Gamah

Tehe! I feel good about myself in general, I mean I look at you and whatshisface and I think, thank FUCK im not that stupid!

*This post was sponsored by Alcahol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom