Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure what he was thinking, completely stupid foul.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Spurs delivering the show reel goals again though. Missed the first goal, saw a replay.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Very solid U21 England squad announced

Embattle

FH is my second home
Chelsea did well yesterday, it seems a 2 goal lead for Spurs wasn't enough at the moment.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
United should be able to get past Granada, but then predicting what they'll do on any given night is a bit of a challenge these days. Who knows? Arsenal v. United final?

Embattle

FH is my second home
England national teams seem to be rather crap at the moment, I'm sure the football team can add to it come the Euros.

Gray

FH is my second home
I have fully caught up to that series on BBC Footballs Darkest Secret(s). Quite an emotional watch and so utterly surprising how they got away with it for decades, even with it going to court in this day and age and still getting some not guilty's - Albeit thankfully that was rectified at a later hearing.

I often wondered if Gary Speed was ever affected by this and that's why he felt it was too much for him, seen his picture flag up in the documentary even if he was never named. With Southampton being a focal point (*As well as Newcastle) I wonder if the likes of Alan Shearer kept schtum about it, since he too was named in passing.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
In all the distraction of the past year I'd completely missed the World Cup group draws and international football in general (are the Euros cancelled for good? I assume so), so I've only just looked at the groups. How the fuck did England get Andorra and San Marino? Going to be some interesting goal difference numbers at the end of it.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In all the distraction of the past year I'd completely missed the World Cup group draws and international football in general (are the Euros cancelled for good? I assume so), so I've only just looked at the groups. How the fuck did England get Andorra and San Marino? Going to be some interesting goal difference numbers at the end of it.
Euros are taking place this summer, but with more of it in England that there was originally

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Looks like Sunday's game might be cancelled.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Getting pretty tired of a completely different starting 11 every game for England. We have some exceptional players, time to start thinking about a proper starting 11 (if in form ofc)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Getting pretty tired of a completely different starting 11 every game for England. We have some exceptional players, time to start thinking about a proper starting 11 (if in form ofc)

3 games in a week, I expect the first team is being saved for the two harder games.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And this was only just a competitive match. Going into the harder qualifiers and the tournaments themselves there'll be a more defined squad.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Had almost forgotten WC2022 was going to be in Qatar, what a shit show half the people involved in that decision have been banned from football why on earth wasn't it overturned :/

This quote from the organisers about the thousands of dead migrant workers slaving away on the new stadiums says everything about these assholes

the "mortality rate among these communities is within the expected range for the size and demographics of the population".

From the beeb Germany players stage Qatar protest

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It was predicted from the start. Complete farce.

The amount of deaths involved in building the stadia is horrifying. Money talks though.

People need to boycott it and boycott all its sponsors.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You would of thought it was hard to top Russia getting the world cup in terms of corruption by FIFA managed it with Qatar, that is after South Africa followed by Brazil wasting mountains of money on hosting it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He had a history of depression (I remember he went missing for weeks a few years ago), had become completely estranged from his family and tweeted this a few days ago in response to somebody saying he was stupid and shit:

so "stuff getting too much for him" would be a logical guess*. He had his faults (plenty of them) but he was the most down-to-earth and entertaining of the AFTV lot. RIP.

*that said, he was also obese-and-a-half so natural causes is very much on the table.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Watched both the U21 England games so far this break and the manager (Aidy Boothroyd) is absolutely bloody clueless. Team setup and substitutions make no sense at all, no idea how he got the job but he needs to go ASAP.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
He had a history of depression (I remember he went missing for weeks a few years ago), had become completely estranged from his family and tweeted this a few days ago in response to somebody saying he was stupid and shit:

so "stuff getting too much for him" would be a logical guess*. He had his faults (plenty of them) but he was the most down-to-earth and entertaining of the AFTV lot. RIP.

*that said, he was also obese-and-a-half so natural causes is very much on the table.

My son follows these guys for the Arsenal content. Everyone thinks it was suicide he was getting trolled for a jokey comment 3 years ago that was deemed racist. The persons trolling him have since deleted their social media accounts but people are now trying to unmask them. Seems like a bit of a drama...Very sad but if people who make a living on social media can't handle the backlash when they do something silly then they are probably in the wrong game.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Apparently, the racial slur from 2020 was (according to my son) a reference to "DVD" in reference to an Asian player. He was then sent on training and later thrown off the team when sponsors threatened to pull out. He then set up his own channel and was doing OK. All the people who worked with him said he was not racist but the comment was a bad lapse of judgment.

Very sad and cancel culture claims another soul.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
As Son was substituted in one of the derbies last season, Claude said "DVD's coming off". He even looked around for approval from the others with a smirk on his face after saying it. The thing was that he refused to own it - he made up some cock and bull story that he'd actually meant that Spurs were going to bring a DVD out or something and apologised "if people had thought that he meant the racist thing", never once apologising for actually saying the racist thing. Robbie then leapt to his defence in a subsequent video where he interviewed Claude before deleting said video because he realised how bad and misjudged it looked (a black man presenting seriously flimsy excuses for a white man's racism against an asian man is a hard sell). It's obviously not the most horrific racial abuse you'll ever hear but it was casual racism on a channel with a large following (even bigger when Arsenal lose) and he had to go.

Like I said, he had a history of mental health issues, his family disowned him, he once said if it wasn't for football he'd have no reason to live. He was deeply troubled, which some might think was a good enough reason to not thrust him into the limelight like Robbie did in the first place but then, Robbie wouldn't have made all that money off of one of the most well-known AFTV "personalities".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom