Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Looks very iffy for us right now, 2-0 down but it's such an open game... need to see what Bielsa does at half time but right now Everton have us well worked out @Gray

Gray

FH is my second home
Looks very iffy for us right now, 2-0 down but it's such an open game... need to see what Bielsa does at half time but right now Everton have us well worked out @Gray
That didn't last long! We looked to be on the backfoot but we held it together just about. We did learn from the last match where we were caught offguard, but the player changes helped I think. The pitch was indeed slippy. Thank god we didn't have a Premier League title depending on a bad slip.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, that went pretty much entirely as expected.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Klopp is definitely not as amusing when Liverpool aren't top.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think he's just emotional. If he's winning he's a giggle. If he's losing he's like a sore snake.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You compare that incident to the pen in the Utd game and you wonder why both did not get them rescinded for minimal contact.

I suspect because one was some and the other was pretty much none.

georgie

FH is my second home
To the surprise of no one the Soucek red card has been overturned.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not a good look for Mike Dean, the week after a club officially complained about him. He's handed out 7% of the red cards in the Premier League. All of it, since its inception.

Gray

FH is my second home
Cracking game that, if not good for any stress levels.

Happy that we're scoring, 8 goals in two matches against top tier teams isn't to be shunned - More concerning is conceding almost an equal number and that's without Pickford. Unsure if signing Olsen on a permanent is such a good idea, we should be keeping our options open fully on that I think...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, it was a fun game. We should've put some of those early chances away and we put at least 2 of your goals on a plate for you (and that penalty was bullshit). It was nice to see some actual proper attacking football from us in the first half hour though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What a bag of shit. Been enjoying the Leicester v Liverpool game. VAR comes up for a "was it inside / outside the box" decision. It took aaaaages.

They've just got the goal anyway, but why did it take so long to come to the decision? It was fucking obvious? It should have taken three or four seconds. Not the best part of a minute.

Lol. More VAR. Goal's been ruled out.

Oh no! Firmino's foot might be in line! Ruled back in again!

Football's fucking broken.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So is Liverpool :p
I agree :)

I'd much rather the referee was able to make and keep his own decision to give them a penalty though. I much prefer a mistake by a human than boring shit with lines drawn on screens taking ages.

It also changes the game - if the players feel fucked off or done over by an incorrect decision they can get angry and try to do something about it. With VAR it's just a sinking feeling that doesn't provoke any sort of a reaction against an injustice.

Shit shit system.

Anyway. Turned off at 3-1. The players look depressed more than anything. (And I reckon VAR has something to do with it given how it makes me feel).

gmloki

Part of the furniture
'No Look' Thiago MotM for me.

Gives away the free kick for equaliser, loses the ball for Leicester's second and doesn't track back for the third.

Modern day Veron. Utter luxury player not cut out for the hustle and bustle of the Premier League, no doubt will show flashes of brilliance in Europe.

Gray

FH is my second home
At the beginning of the week there was two things I absolutely knew would happen.

1) We would end up drawing Man City in the FA Cup
and
2) Due to our great performance in the cup, we would end up being turned over be Fulham.

I don't know what hurts more.. we've not been in this match at all. They've played like feckin Barcelona against us

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's fair to say the French press enjoyed last night's match.

boc3n2mmrxh61.jpg

Gray

FH is my second home
Excellent performance and excellent result. Perfect time to play them and it showed.

But it's just unreal how we go from Fulham, Man City.. and then that. Worth it mind!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I see Tuchel is having a good crack at losing the chav's dressing room :)

Gray

FH is my second home
Niiice! 3 years isn't so long away.

The only thing I didn't like about the whole thing was if I remember rightly they got in some world-class architect who has developed stadia across the world, took his plans on board and then when they got everything they needed from him they sacked him off and adjusted some of his ideas.

It will look quite epic though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom