Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Which all means absolutely nothing to Abramovich. Not winning = new manager time. The fact that Lampard is a club legend is also largely meaningless.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which all means absolutely nothing to Abramovich. Not winning = new manager time. The fact that Lampard is a club legend is also largely meaningless.

Is Abramovich even that interested anymore? After the visa thing and the decision not to redevelop the Bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to call it a day once the market is right.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Is Abramovich even that interested anymore? After the visa thing and the decision not to redevelop the Bridge, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to call it a day once the market is right.
Marina is the big decision maker there now it seems, and she is basically a female version of Roman.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Mentions buying back commercial rights etc which would suggest it's all being consolidated for a sale. Trouble is, I just don't think they have the international presence as your UTDs, Reals etc, not without a few years of success. They also don't really have the megastars any more that pull in the supporters.

That's the difference between 'big' clubs and normal clubs, Asian sales.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
He also acted like it was his lifelong dream to work with the youth last season but it turned out that was just a cover to try and make it look like they weren't bothered by the transfer ban as they went out and spent £200+ million last summer. It seems like he doesn't know what to do with half the players - there are reports that they're looking for yet another keeper, Werner has completely lost his spark and I don't even know where Havertz is supposed to play (I never watched him pre-Chelsea).

There has been some noise about Tuchel now that he's on the market but I don't know, he never struck me as being that impressive at PSG and, looking at the reactions he got from some of the more highly-strung players when he substituted them, he didn't seem respected there.

Havertz is a really good player and long term he will come good. Plays very much in the Thomas Muller role as a creative second striker / deep forward. Late runs into the box etc. Not sure how Werner and Havertz can complement each other as it is too very different styles of play. Also long term settling for Havertz is a bit at odds for a Chelsea who want instant results :s

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Lampard's managerial experience comes from Derby where he basically loaned a bunch of Chelsea players and (obviously) did really well with them.

I'm not sure why people think he's good enough for Chelsea. Just a golden boy with all the favours.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Havertz is a really good player and long term he will come good. Plays very much in the Thomas Muller role as a creative second striker / deep forward. Late runs into the box etc. Not sure how Werner and Havertz can complement each other as it is too very different styles of play. Also long term settling for Havertz is a bit at odds for a Chelsea who want instant results :s
Havertz definitely fits into what Lampard is trying to do more than Werner does. Werner doesn't seem suited to the premier league to me at all. He needs a bit of a space behind the defence to score goals like he did in Germany, but that's not going to happen much against Chelsea. I could see him working as a pressing forward though... he is quick enough. Not sure if his work rate is up to it though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Haha, is that cunt still knocking about?

Well, not now obvs.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Couple of appointments at Old Trafford today with Darren Fletcher coming in as (another) first team coach. Second appointment is Robin Sadler who joins from Man City (there for 17 years) and will head up Physio and Rehab for First team, Academy and Women's teams.

Ole nicely sorting out the mess of previous regimes. Regardless of whether he is the right man long term, the club will be in a much better position by way of infrastructure than when he arrived that's for certain.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Worthy winners there Southampton. Liverpool looked quite a bit off their usual sharp play.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Excellent from Southampton. KWP was an absolute star tonight. I'm over the moon with Hojbjerg but I was (and still am) kinda mad that KWP had to go the other way. If Poch had one failing it was that he let the academy players stagnate - he didn't allow them to be loaned out but he also barely played them.

Edit: oof...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Good deal for both sides really. Hojbjerg didn't fit Ralph's system at all, acted like a bell, and in the end Levy did what he does and got a good player for next to nothing. He is a proper Mourinho style midfielder. I was dubious about KWP... he didn't impress me last year on loan, and then first game against Palace this season he was dog shit. Been brilliant in recent weeks though.

Gray

FH is my second home
This season is nuts. 2-3 days ago Everton were 2nd and now we're 7th hahah. This could really be anyone's to win. Could we see another Leicester?

Transfer window opening came on me quite quickly, hopefully no silly money being bandied about.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
This season is nuts. 2-3 days ago Everton were 2nd and now we're 7th hahah. This could really be anyone's to win. Could we see another Leicester?

Transfer window opening came on me quite quickly, hopefully no silly money being bandied about.
I'd be surprised to see any money being bandied about at all.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
So Glad Klopp's Piss is being well and truly boiled that he has to reference how many pen's we have had ahead of the game on the 17th.

We can all pick arbitrary dates and times to suit our own arguments. If we look back over every Premier League season to 2010 - 2011

Man Utd

Pen's For - 68
Pen's Against - 36

LFC

Pen's For - 59
Pen's Against - 42

So over ten years, less than 1 penalty per season more than Liverpool based on data upto match day 17 (4th Jan). Conclusion, not a lot in it, VAR doing a great job, dry your eye's you moaning cunt.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Liverpool fans on reddit all saying it was the ref who lost them that match... Despite the fact they had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes. Also, if they wanna play that game, Thiago should've been sent off.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
Liverpool fans on reddit all saying it was the ref who lost them that match... Despite the fact they had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes. Also, if they wanna play that game, Thiago should've been sent off.

It was an amazing no look tackle for his yellow card :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Why are some games being postponed but others going ahead? Who makes the call the FA or the clubs?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Should be told, tough shit, play your youth squad.

Oh hang on, that's women's football. I just realised that I don't care :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Should be told, tough shit, play your youth squad.

Oh hang on, that's women's football. I just realised that I don't care :)

Agree with the first bit, not so much with the second bit as it could just as easily apply to mens football.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hope Crawley can hold it together now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom