Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There are money clubs and there are money clubs. Liverpool, Tottenham and a bunch of others are the former (operating within their means where they can, often needing to sell players to buy others) and City, Chelsea, United, PSG etc are the latter (spunking £200+ million in a single window without a second thought).

Tottenham might be "operating within their means" on a higher level than others but that's because of continued CL qualification/progress and frugality when it comes to transfers (on top of the TV money etc). Yes, they have a £1bn stadium but it's been in the pipeline for over 15 years, the club has one of the lowest net transfer spends in the league for at least the last decade and they owe over £650m plus interest on it for the next 23 years.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
If you've got a 1bn stadium you are a money club.

They are, but they don't pay the wages that the likes of City, PSG, Real, Barca do. Maybe not Barca so much anymore lol.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
index.php

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bilic has been treated really badly. Wba have their best result of the year and they kick him. But not in a nice way. By rumour and all before the case. Bad wba.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
They (apparently) decided to sack him last week, they (like everybody else) probably assumed West Brom would get thumped by City and it would look justified. They probably already had Big Sam signed up, he was announced quick enough.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They (apparently) decided to sack him last week, they (like everybody else) probably assumed West Brom would get thumped by City and it would look justified. They probably already had Big Sam signed up, he was announced quick enough.
Yeah no doubt. But it was a crappy way to do it.

Gray

FH is my second home
Another great result against a Top 6 team, albeit they do seem to be freefalling currently....

Cue us being beaten by Sheff Utd next week!

Arteta did seem like a good choice and I think he still might be for Arsenal, but they do not seem to have any miracles left in them now.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He's a dead duck, unfortunately. Nice guy but not up to the job.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
At 4-0 down I would usually switch off, but it's certainly entertaining :unsure: ;) :D

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I can't believe we're third, (and if we win our game in hand, second), because it feels like we only have half a team.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I can't believe we're third, (and if we win our game in hand, second), because it feels like we only have half a team.
I fear Liverpool are going to settle into a stride now they're out in front but I can see a very unsettled top 4. Tottenham were in first 2 matches ago and all of a sudden we're in 5th (6th if Chelsea win tomorrow). A couple of matches away from halfway through the season, it's crazy how tight it is from 2nd down to ~10th.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1-10th is crazy tight. We ain't all that at the moment

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You would have expected 6 or so with man u’s home form this year. Its ridiculous.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Villa, Palace, live on BBC1, hoping for a cracking game.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Chelsea, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I hoped we would of shaken the lethargic attitude after Christmas, seems even a derby game couldn't do it....plus we pass the ball far too much.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I hate FF so much atm that I have just spaffed my triple captain, Son at home vs Fulham.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fulham have conceded 2 goals in their last 4 matches and 1 of them was against Liverpool. Also, expecting Tottenham to score is a high-risk manoeuvre at the moment, especially multiple times.

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
Fulham have conceded 2 goals in their last 4 matches and 1 of them was against Liverpool. Also, expecting Tottenham to score is a high-risk manoeuvre at the moment, especially multiple times.

Sort of like expecting Chelsea to turn up and not look like they were all on the lash the night before the game.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I honestly have a new-found appreciation of the way Mourinho plays. It's fascinating to watch when it works but for the love of fuck stop sitting on one-goal leads against dangerous teams (which seems to be most of the rest of the league this season).

Some of the matches we've led in and ended up drawing are anomalies (Newcastle with the nonsense Dier handball and West Ham... we could replay the last 10 minutes of that match 1000 times and Spurs would win 999 of them) but Palace and Wolves were dreadfully disappointing (and totally predictable as the pressure intensified).

Score defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend defend concede PANIC.

Embattle

FH is my second home
You mean a style that most Spurs fans had a go at Chelsea for doing at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom