Football The 2020/2021 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I always thought Howe would do well if he was given a chance at one of the bigger teams but by a chance I mean more than 2 seasons which seems to be the tolerance level nowadays.
I've always thought the opposite. He completely shat the bed at Burnley, so i've made an assumption he can't deal with anything other outside his comfort zone.

Gray

FH is my second home

Well... It's confirmed.

The only saving grace is it's not being a last minute decision, days before the start of the season.

We don't have to panic and bring back Allardyce for now

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not sure I should but I don't see RM as much of an upgrade over Everton.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure I should but I don't see RM as much of an upgrade over Everton.

Champions League Semi Finalists Real Madrid not much of an upgrade over 10th in the Premier League Everton?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Champions League Semi Finalists that will likely have to sell everyone and rebuild without a pot to piss in.

Big Sam to Real would be better.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The "Conte to Tottenham" stories have really started flying out in the last hour. They're trying for Paratici as Director of Football as well (was at Juve with Conte), maybe Levy *has* learned some lessons.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The "Conte to Tottenham" stories have really started flying out in the last hour. They're trying for Paratici as Director of Football as well (was at Juve with Conte), maybe Levy *has* learned some lessons.

He has to have. Not many top managers will be queuing up to work with him unless he changes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Champions League Semi Finalists that will likely have to sell everyone and rebuild without a pot to piss in.

Big Sam to Real would be better.

This rhetoric that is doing the rounds always ignores the fact that they (and Barca) will once again just get bailed out by the government if they're skint.

Embattle

FH is my second home
This rhetoric that is doing the rounds always ignores the fact that they (and Barca) will once again just get bailed out by the government if they're skint.

They are being forced to payback the state aid they originally received, I don't see them getting more.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They are being forced to payback the state aid they originally received, I don't see them getting more.

They'll find a way, they always do. Spain can't afford for Barca & Real Madrid to be shit.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Not allowed under EU competition law any more.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They'll find a way, they always do. Spain can't afford for Barca & Real Madrid to be shit.

They find a way to drag the process out, they have largely failed to get away with it. In no way will other countries let it slide and thus nor will the EU.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fun while it lasted.

Could be posturing but I highly doubt it at this stage - there have been Italian reports all day about Conte suddenly realising that it was in fact Tottenham he was dealing with and him suddenly being "unsure about the club's ambitions".

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fun while it lasted.

Could be posturing but I highly doubt it at this stage - there have been Italian reports all day about Conte suddenly realising that it was in fact Tottenham he was dealing with and him suddenly being "unsure about the club's ambitions".

It's been doing the rounds all day. Conte didn't think Spurs could give him what he needed apparently. Namely £250m to spend.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Spurs are looking at rebuilding with Kane and a tight purse string or selling Kane and buying 5 Soldados. And that just's the way it is when Levy is around.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The rumour is that the naming rights for the stadium have been sorted which would be huge.

Conte is saying he wasn't sure about how ambitious the club was (as if trying to appoint one of the best managers in the game wasn't an indicator) and the club is saying he made mad demands and wouldn't have wanted to develop youth. So it's "he said she said" and that's probably how it'll remain.

At least it looks like Paratici, the Director of Football, is still happening.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The rumour is that the naming rights for the stadium have been sorted which would be huge.

Conte is saying he wasn't sure about how ambitious the club was (as if trying to appoint one of the best managers in the game wasn't an indicator) and the club is saying he made mad demands and wouldn't have wanted to develop youth. So it's "he said she said" and that's probably how it'll remain.

At least it looks like Paratici, the Director of Football, is still happening.

As great as a big name like Conte sounded to Spurs fans, surely in their heads they know it would have been a complete disaster?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Pirlo to Everton would be so weird. Probably even weirder than Gerrard taking over there (for me at least).

Gray

FH is my second home
It seems Everton are going down the route of possibly Nuno... But it's very early days still. So hopefully there's more names in the mix that are seriously being considered.

I do wonder if they're going to do what had been on the cards for years... Appointing Big Dunc. He had a decent spell overseeing the team before Carlo showed, but long-term i don't think it's his time yet.

He has the passion for the club and likely would be the cheapest... But it's got to be someone else for the moment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
As great as a big name like Conte sounded to Spurs fans, surely in their heads they know it would have been a complete disaster?
Oh yeah it was batshit crazy but the thought of someone who is currently demonstrably world class coming in and wringing this squad's neck was appealing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Villa signed Buendia for £30m. Just another sign that football is completely and utterly fucked.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
haha wtf. Wijnaldum to PSG. This deal was done with Barcelona but has been sabotaged at the last second.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Still no place for JWP, what does he have to do to get in the squad? How many defenders do we need in a squad? Short on midfield options.

Really not confident for the tournament.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It might be an indication of their confidence about Maguire's fitness. I'd take JWP instead of Henderson though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would still take Henderson because the squad is so young, which may or may not be a massive issue as most are used to big games, but as a captain that's fine. I still think JWP should have been nailed on, and Bamford for that matter...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom