Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The sentence is suspended for three years because it is a first offence and the charges were misdemeanours.

Embattle

FH is my second home
To me it seems a rather serious first offence for a suspended sentence.

Gray

FH is my second home
Oh. I see Messi has said he wants to leave Barcelona. Pulling a Pogba to try and get a better contract or is he that fed up he wants to try something new?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh. I see Messi has said he wants to leave Barcelona. Pulling a Pogba to try and get a better contract or is he that fed up he wants to try something new?
Wants to play under Bielsa :p;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is hard to believe but he is 33, so perhaps he has a few more years left in him if he is lucky and Barcelona are going to be rebuilding during that time.

Maguire has also withdrawn from the England team.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Not just that he wants to leave. But that his contract says he can leave for free immediately

quote bbc website

The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.

Gray

FH is my second home
Ha the Koeman effect huh! I wonder if the club where taking this into account when they said the other players like Suarez they had no future at the club.

I did read something about the contract of Messi's but Barcelona felt the time lapsed. I don't get how or why it would lapse "You have a week to decide you're staying or leaving for free in your contract. After that you're still ours for X years".

I guess Messi could come to England, but I wonder how easy he would adapt to a new team. He isn't exactly like Ronaldo who has plyed his trade over a couple of countries in his career and being a relative success.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Complete idiot.
Agree. But he'll continue to earn more a week than most lifetime wages.

I always hated that Tyson is still the best paid convicted rapist that the guardian fawns over.

To be fair tho - he hits people gooood.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
According to a highly regarded Spanish journo, Messi has spoken to Guardiola about the possibility of signing for City. Nothing more. Yet. City has to be the most likely Premier League destination, though.

It also sounds like Bartomeu is being pushed out, a lot of folks blame him for everything that's gone wrong.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Maguire free on appeal. Something smells fishy haha

Edit: In accordance with Greek law, the appeal nullifies Maguire's conviction and there will be a full retrial in a more senior court.

ah so will be heard by a more senior court

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It'll definitely be of interest although I suspect for different reasons for different people. Definitely more "nothing" than "all" but I'm looking forward to the insight it provides.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Loved the Sunderland ones on Netflix, different program obviously.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I loved this:

Oh - we're back, by the way ;) (y) :clap:

Marc

FH is my second home
Messi is going nowhere.

Its Bartomeu vs Messi. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezman were all Barto signings. The coaches and playersdidnt want them but this is the Bartomeu way. Rather than strengthening the team where it is needed, he will sign vanity players, to try and make it look like we can splash the cash then blame it all on messi when it doesnt work. Anyone could see we didn’t need any of those players at the time. Dembele? Really??? Griezman??? The abidial controversy was bartemous doing. I have no evidence of this, other than what I’ve heard from people in the know, but The deal for Neymar was signed, with Neymar literally on his knees to come back but bartemou went back on it as he knew how close Neymar and Messi were

By handing in a transfer request, he has sealed bartemous fate, probably before the elections even take place because 99.9% of the Barcelona organisation want xavi as manager with puyol as director of football and a chairman that doesn’t interfere. Why do you think xavi turned the club down last summer? Bartemou!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like absolute bullshit on both sides. Doubt we will ever hear the truth.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Messi is going nowhere.

Its Bartomeu vs Messi. Coutinho, Dembele and Griezman were all Barto signings. The coaches and playersdidnt want them but this is the Bartomeu way. Rather than strengthening the team where it is needed, he will sign vanity players, to try and make it look like we can splash the cash then blame it all on messi when it doesnt work. Anyone could see we didn’t need any of those players at the time. Dembele? Really??? Griezman??? The abidial controversy was bartemous doing. I have no evidence of this, other than what I’ve heard from people in the know, but The deal for Neymar was signed, with Neymar literally on his knees to come back but bartemou went back on it as he knew how close Neymar and Messi were

By handing in a transfer request, he has sealed bartemous fate, probably before the elections even take place because 99.9% of the Barcelona organisation want xavi as manager with puyol as director of football and a chairman that doesn’t interfere. Why do you think xavi turned the club down last summer? Bartemou!

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/marsallorente/status/1321162272941723650?s=21

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom