Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Bayern vs. Barca is living up to its billing... 3 goals in the first 22 minutes.

Edit - Christ, Bayern are 4-1 up before the edit timer ran out.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bayern vs. Barca is living up to its billing... 3 goals in the first 22 minutes.

Edit - Christ, Bayern are 4-1 up before the edit timer ran out.

I've not really paid much attention to La Liga for a while; I didn't realise how old the Barcelona first XI is.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Amazing score BY has scored more against BFC in one game than they scored against us in 2 legs.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Absolutely phenomenal performance, it's difficult to look past them for the tournament.

Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Pique... none of them have got more than a season or 2 in them. They've got some fantastic young players in the senior squad (Fati, Puig to name 2) but their academy is apparently in a shambles.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And us!

Absolutely phenomenal performance, it's difficult to look past them for the tournament.

Messi, Suarez, Busquets, Pique... none of them have got more than a season or 2 in them. They've got some fantastic young players in the senior squad (Fati, Puig to name 2) but their academy is apparently in a shambles.

Root and branch rebuild needed. They should cash in on Messi (last year of his contract) and a bunch of others, but I see a United-wilderness era for them for the next 4-5 years; their only advantage is the rest of La Liga is so weak that they'll probably keep CL football money, but they won't be worrying the latter stages for a while.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lineker just said these will be the first CL semifinals without Ronaldo or Messi since 2005... that's incredible.

Embattle

FH is my second home
To think now the player of the year awards will have to get real creative to give it to either of them atm.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Weird. All the BT Sports commentators and pundits were wondering how much fun City were going to have with Bayern's defence.

That Sterling miss before Lyon scored their third was incredible...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sure why, Bayern would of smashed them to pieces considering MCs defence.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No Premier League teams in any of the European semis... not a good year for England on the continent.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's going to be a big transfer window.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Weird champions league qualifying round at the same time as the semi finals

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It sounds like Maguire could be in a spot of bother in Greece. Details are somewhat thin on the ground but it sounds like he got into a fight, swung some punches at the cops when they tried to break it up and then tried to run away (which is a hilarious image in itself).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It sounds like Maguire could be in a spot of bother in Greece. Details are somewhat thin on the ground but it sounds like he got into a fight, swung some punches at the cops when they tried to break it up and then tried to run away (which is a hilarious image in itself).

What a tit

Embattle

FH is my second home

Like quite a few footballers he joins the bellends club.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The Europa League final is a good one so far... 2-2 and it's not half time yet.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Gray

FH is my second home
Don't mind Everton having any of their cast-offs, we have in the past! Though I bet Koeman won't be willing to do much business with Everton any longer...

Once again quite concerned by our slow movements in the transfer market. We look to have Allan from Napoli all but confirmed now, with Doucoure from Watford also likely. We had Gabrielle Magleseseseses all but signed too apparently but because of Covid we postponed the sale. This has since mean't Arsenal and other teams have all jumped in now and he has pretty much signed for Arsenal.

Thiago Silva would have given us some experience but he may be opting for Chelsea now.

Ancellotti won't be pleased with the current squad, not by a long shot. We barely survived getting spanked by Blackpool last night and they're in League One! It completely slipped my mind that the season started in 2-3 weeks. We're going to be woefully under-prepared especially against the teams we're playing to begin with. We need that "stellar" signing. The kind of signing we felt when Lukaku came to us with much fan-fayre

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Don't mind Everton having any of their cast-offs, we have in the past! Though I bet Koeman won't be willing to do much business with Everton any longer...

Once again quite concerned by our slow movements in the transfer market. We look to have Allan from Napoli all but confirmed now, with Doucoure from Watford also likely. We had Gabrielle Magleseseseses all but signed too apparently but because of Covid we postponed the sale. This has since mean't Arsenal and other teams have all jumped in now and he has pretty much signed for Arsenal.

Thiago Silva would have given us some experience but he may be opting for Chelsea now.

Ancellotti won't be pleased with the current squad, not by a long shot. We barely survived getting spanked by Blackpool last night and they're in League One! It completely slipped my mind that the season started in 2-3 weeks. We're going to be woefully under-prepared especially against the teams we're playing to begin with. We need that "stellar" signing. The kind of signing we felt when Lukaku came to us with much fan-fayre
Charity shield next weekend Isnt it?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I hope Barca pay Liverpool the 4mil via a HGV full of 1ps

Embattle

FH is my second home

Wonder if the punishment will include prison, although ironically he can pay his way out of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom