Football The 2019/2020 Season Thread

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
With the womens world cup over with i think the 18/19 season is over.

Just a month until the kick off for the new year.

Who will stop liverpool and Man city this year. Will Lampard succeed and will Oli move man u forward or backward?

What are the odds on newcastle being relegated without their manager?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
How many times will @Billargh make an appearance to post 'Why aye man, fuck Mike Ashley!'

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Can't see past Citeh/Liverpool again this year. United and Chelsea are all over the place, Spuds and Arsenal more of the same.

Still can't figure out what United's plan is or what a potential "best XI" is supposed to be.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Agree for the most part although the optimist in my thinks Tottenham will be a step above "more of the same". New stadium, a stronger midfield, potentially more signings coming... it depends on the rest of the transfer window and who we a) bring in and b) don't sell but fuck it, I think we'll be alright.

City/Liverpool at the top. Tottenham either interfering with 2nd or firmly in third. No idea about United or Chelsea, I guess we'll see if their respective managers are up to the task. I personally don't think either of them are, they were both emotional appointments and they're both hampered in the transfer window (no CL for United and a transfer ban for Chelsea). Arsenal seem to be in a catch 22 of needing to qualify for the CL to unlock Kroenke's coin purse but (unfortunately) being too shit to qualify for the CL for the third season in a row, their self-sustaining business model is (unfortunately) really starting to hurt them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still can't see beyond City, considering I think we played out of our skins last season and still couldn't punt 'em. (Think we massively overachieved - but we'll see if we were a one season wonder again). We've not strengthened, when I think we need to.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Mate I honestly don't give a fuck any more. I'm not going to any matches or spending a fucking penny on that place until he's gone.

Which all sounds nice but all to often the ground is completely full no matter what Mike does or how much Newcastle fans whine about him.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Which all sounds nice but all to often the ground is completely full no matter what Mike does or how much Newcastle fans whine about him.
There's very little else I personally can do except refuse to give Mike Ashley another penny. There is a bit of momentum behind boycotting the Arsenal game, or boycotting altogether but I've no doubt we'll still have 40,000+ there every game. I truly despair for the club, how bad does it have to get before people finally say 'enough is enough'?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's the single best things fans can do to protest.

If they want Ashley out all they'd have to do is not turn up for two weeks.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Think its what they did at blackpool. Eventually the owners sold up and people who hadnt been to a game for years came back.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Announce receivership.

He's a stubborn, malicious bastard. It'd take a lot more than 2 weeks of low attendances to get rid of the fucker.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Can't wait for him to be as good as Jones, Smalling etc after paying £85m for the privilege. Football is fucked.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bonkers amount for someone who at best you could say had a good season.

Gwadien

Fickle Leicester fans again.

Loved him when he won the PL, now I've seen some 'don't care if he dies' comments.

Hilarious.

Gwadien

It's not really like that's unique to Leicester.

Nah, but there's defo something unique about Leicester fans.

I know it's expected that they have higher attendance when they were winning the league, but they appear to have an abundance of plastic fans that have suddenly come diehard.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fickle Leicester fans again.

Loved him when he won the PL, now I've seen some 'don't care if he dies' comments.

Hilarious.
He wasn't a Leicester player when they won the league...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is Inaki Williams any good? Don't know much about him.

Surprised Spuds are going for Dybala; he brings a lot of agent baggage which Levy doesn't like.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Surprised Spuds are going for Dybala; he brings a lot of agent baggage which Levy doesn't like.
As were we. There was an agreement between the 2 clubs and us and the player last night, just the "image rights" bullshit to untangle. Progress was apparently made overnight, loads of Argentinian and Italian journos making positive noises but now Ornstein has just said it's off. We're on the brink of getting Lo Celso over the line and having those 2 together would've been a partnership of Ardiles/Villa greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom