Football The 2017/2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I've been saving my wildcard for this game week under the assumption I could use that and bench boost at the same time... no dice. I also triple captained Salah against Stoke last week, what a fucking mare.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah, wildcards count as chips and you can only use one chip in a single gameweek, but you know that now. :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What a final game week for points scorers - 81 points and counting and Van Aanholt just scored as well.

It looks like @Vae's comfortable 20 point lead at the start of play wasn't that comfortable after all...

itcheh

Part of the furniture
It's going to come down to bonus points ... another last day of the season thriller!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Well I haven't won this one, but the work one is looking to be a draw between me and the next top guy (who actually paid their entry fee). Looking like a split pot atm depending on bonus points :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I bet the highest score this week is going to be incredible.

Somehow Ederson got a yellow card despite not playing.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Wonder if that would cause him to get auto subbed on if he's your sub goalie?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No idea. I played bench boost this week and he was my first choice anyway. He's down as playing 0 minutes but getting a yellow card.

In other news it looks like congratulations are in order for @itcheh! It looked like @Vae had eked out enough of a gap but that was just a crazy final day if you had the right players.

edit - Apparently Ederson ran onto the pitch to celebrate the goal. Spangle.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Saved my bench boost for this week, what a waste of time considering De Gea, Smalling, Pogba, Monreal, Jesus didn't start.

And congrats @itcheh

itcheh

Part of the furniture
3 in a row!

My luck must run out at some point.

15/16 Chris Smalling own goal with the last kick off the season helps me win by 1 point

16/17 late Ben Davis goal gives me the edge

17/18... 20 points down and a hail Mary, -8 deduction, 3-man transfer strategy pays off!

More luck than skill on the last day as squads change and last day of the season madness means anything can happen (Spurs Leicester?)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yesterday was such an anomaly. You'd think that @Vae would've been safe with a 20 point lead but so many players came away with big scores - if you happened to have some of those players (Van Aanholt, Lejeune, Perez stick out for me - 42 points between them), you were quids in.

It was one of my best game weeks of the season and I had 2 players who didn't even play (including Ederson who even managed to pick up a yellow card). I'd have even more (+13 I think) if I hadn't transferred King out for Murray (more in optimism that Brighton would beat Liverpool than anything else) and Zaha out for Sané.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom