Resident Freddy
At the moment I'd say
United
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool

However major transfers could change this.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea
City
United
Southampton
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Way too early. Will see how the transfers pan out before commenting. Interesting season for the bookies really. I haven't looked but I'd assume the conservative money would be on Maureen...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
City
Arsenal
Chelski
Liverpool
Spurs
West Brom

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
City are going to be far more of a formidable force under Pellegrino than they were under Mancini I reckon. It is too early but I will say City, Chelsea, Utd, Spurs for top four.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Before transfer predictions!

Man Utd
Arsenal,
Chelsea,
City

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So, transfer targets then. Here's what I've seen so far and the degree of credibility (it must be great being a football journalist at this time of year, just making shit up).

Ronaldo - United, PSG, Monaco - probably going nowhere
Rooney - PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea - probably going nowhere
Lewandowski - Bayern, United, Chelsea, City - tricky; Dortmund would be dumb to let his contract run out, but I see their point about Bayern. So, City (unless Rooney goes, then United).
Leighton Baines - United - probably United
Maroune Fellani - United, Arsenal, Chelsea- probably going nowhere, but Arsenal
Ezequel Garay - United - probably United (interesting what this means for Vidic)
Cesc Fabregas - United - doubt it (shame).
Edison Cavani - City, Chelsea, United, Uncle Tom Cobbley - Chelsea probably
Gareth Bale - absolutely fucking everyone - Real Madrid
Fernando Torres - Atletico Madrid, Arsenal - well that would be interesting, but I reckon he'll go back to Spain
Gonzalo Higuain - Arsenal - looking pretty nailed on
Alvaro Negredo - City - City
Oscar Cardozo - Man City, Swansea(!) - Man City
Thiago Alcantara - United - United
David Villa - Spurs - Seems a bit unlikely to me.
Patrice Evra - If Baines comes in, Monaco

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The depressing thing there is that Liverpool clearly don't have the cash to compete for top targets.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
You missed out Paulinho to spurs which i think would be massive after seeing him the last couple of week. If they can bring him in, keep Bale for a year (i think they will) and get a good striker in and still don't acheive anything they might as well give up.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not sure why so many people are putting Spuds above Arsenal the history does not suggest its going to happen :)

I do not think you can answer this until the transfer Windows closes. Current squad and we are in a dog fight for 4th. A few players and we are fighting for the top two. Fellani and Higuain and we have a real shot. Spuds if they keep Bale they are a threat for 4th if they lose him then forget it. City depends on the strikers they bring in and if the new manager gets them playing as a team. City and Utd both come down the Manager factor too. If Jose can get the Chavs playing they have the players to win it. All it will take is a few egos to turn on Moyes and Utd will to a Chelsea and fall off the pace.

Chelsea
Utd
Arsenal
City
Spuds

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
German press are saying leverkusen have turned down 19.7 million bid for Lars bender from arsenal

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
It's chelsea or city for the title for me this year I think. Utd probably 3rd ahead of arse/tott. Newcastle to get into top half after last year's horror season anything above that is a bonus.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, the Haringey Independent says that we're about to announce that we're signing Paulinho. That's all the confirmation I need.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Lewandowski - Bayern, United, Chelsea, City - tricky; Dortmund would be dumb to let his contract run out, but I see their point about Bayern. So, City (unless Rooney goes, then United).

He is just what Spurs could do with. However, wasted outside of the champions league

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Chelsea
United
City
Arsenal
Spurs

Newcastle, Sunderland and Hull to go down.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Cross Farm Park Celtic striker Lee Todd was sent off just two seconds into a game back in October 2000.

Todd got his marching orders for foul language. Todd had his back to referee at the start of Cross Farm's Sunday league game against Taunton East Reach Wanderers, and was startled by the force with which the whistle was blown for kick-off. "Fuck me, that was loud," muttered Todd, and the referee promptly showed him the red card.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal
Spurs

Quite scared by the prospect of City under Pellegrini. Also quite convinced that if we don't win the title, we'll be 4th/5th with Jose out of the door by March. Obviously massively hope that won't be the case and he'll be a success, but I have some big nagging doubts.

This season in the BPL should be a great one, so much uncertainty.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
...I have some big nagging doubts.
For the record I share your doubts but I don't share your optimism at the outcome. :)

I think he's a loon for going back tbh, I like him as a manager but omfg it would be hilare if he failed hard.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
For the record I share your doubts but I don't share your optimism at the outcome. :)

I think he's a loon for going back tbh, I like him as a manager but omfg it would be hilare if he failed hard.

He won't fail but he wont win anything either. Which I suppose is failing these days :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Just realised you can't say cHodAX without saying chode. Coincidence? I don't think so.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Arse confirm their big summer signing:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23139745
That is a good start now all we need to do is sell the following dead wood.
Bacary Sagna
Johan Djourou
Gervinho
Marouane Chamakh
Ju-Young Park
Nicklas Bendtner

Then we buy
Marouane Fellaini
Gonzalo Higuaín
Marco Reus

Shock the world by buying
Robert Lewandowski offering Lukas Podolski as part of the deal.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Also two of my friends working at the Emirates are saying that the Rooney interest is all the Yank looking for a "Galactico" signing. And Wenger has said if any players are bought in behind his back he will quit. It makes a bit of sense as Rooney on £200k plus a week is not a Wenger signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom