Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
3 of our first 4 - city, united and arsenal. Might be over before its begun! back in the big time though.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
"UEFA fines: £45,000 Spain 2004 (racism); £16,500 Serbia 2007 (racism); £10,000 Croatia 2008 (racism). €100,000 Bendtner (exposing pants)."

AvrNpVhCEAIMNac.jpg:large
I think that's the picture which got Bendtner fined 100k.. ridiculous.

Robbie Savage ‏@RobbieSavage8
"Wow bendtner gets £100k fine for showing sponsors on undies beats my 10k fine for pooing in polls toilet !"

:ROFLMAO:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Shrug, UEFA take sponsorship and protection of their sponsors very seriously. It's not that ridiculous...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Rightly so, the players are all warned in advance and it was a blatant breach.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Besides, noone wants to see Bendtners undies, least of all such ugly ones

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Shrug, UEFA take sponsorship and protection of their sponsors very seriously. It's not that ridiculous...
Yeah sure but UEFA are basically saying displaying advertisement on your underwear is a lot worse than racist chanting. Fining him 100k when they fine countries hardly anything for racism is stupid.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's not saying that at all. Sponsorship is all about money; I'm not saying they shouldn't fine more for teh racism charges but there's very little point in a sponsorship breach fine not being a substantial one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
They have probably looked into how much he got for pulling the stunt and Uefa just took their share the greedy cunts. Trying to pull it into a debate about racism is fucking weak.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yeah sure but UEFA are basically saying displaying advertisement on your underwear is a lot worse than racist chanting. Fining him 100k when they fine countries hardly anything for racism is stupid.

Actually it tends to be action against a direct person rather than a group who are associated with the offending fans of that country.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

The racism fines are disgusting but UEFA do not want to deal with the issue, just as they failed to 30 years ago.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If Swansea lands N'Doye they'll have found themselves a top class striker with lots of goals in his boots

- English -

Resident Freddy
Looks like Blackburn have managed to cling onto their superstar manager. Lucky bastards!

and whats even better, they employed some Indian director of football, who was 2 months ago calling for Kean to be sacked, now saying hes the man for the job... division 1 here we come!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
With Giroud and Podolski coming in do the Arsenal fans on here have any nerves about Van the man leaving?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
With Giroud and Podolski coming in do the Arsenal fans on here have any nerves about Van the man leaving?

Not really yet.

Giroud = Chamakh replacement.
Podolski will be used more on the left than up top, so think of him as the Arshavin replacement.

Bear in mind that also:
1. Juventus doesn't really appeal to him. Italian league isn't very strong, they don't really look like a threat for Champions League either.
2. His family are very settled in London.
3. Real Madrid and Barcelona aren't really interested.
4. The only other linked club is Man City, and it's unlikely he'd go there.

So for now, until we have more concrete evidence I'm not too worried.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Not really, Wenger is working at the Euros and RVP is off on his jollies, if it is still not clear 2 weeks into the pre season then ask again. There are rumours flying around that RVP has laid out the type of players he wants to see come in and we are getting them. Theo has seemingly agreed a wage and said he will sign the contract the day RVP signs his.

It looks like we now need a 3rd/4th choice CB and a backup goalkeeper too.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
left back?

also - are mertesacker and vermaelen a good enough 1st choice centre back pairing?

if there is any money left in the kitty i'd spend it on a top class centre back rather than a backup.

soze

I am a FH squatter
left back?

also - are mertesacker and vermaelen a good enough 1st choice centre back pairing?

if there is any money left in the kitty i'd spend it on a top class centre back rather than a backup.
Verm and Kos are a great pairing. Per is 3rd choice in my books. But we could do with some quality backup.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
So that's Arsenal's transfer budget sorted for the next 5 years then at the rate Wenger spends :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
During the FA Cup game, the 58-year-old was seen doing a monkey impression at Patrice Evra. The offence was caught on camera and the Liverpool fan was charged.
Gannon appeared in court yesterday and witnesses revealed the details of his behaviour that day.

Liverpool fan Samual Inman, who was at the game with his dad, said: “In the second half of the game, there was an incident where, towards the disabled fans, he shouted ‘fuck off you spastic mutants’. Pikey bastards was nothing I hadn’t heard before as it goes on at football matches. The comments to the disabled fans were what shocked me the most. Gannon admitted that he called United fans “pikey bastards” but claims he didn’t realise that was racist.

Another fan close to Gannon, David McGuire, claimed he heard him insult Evra in French. Another fan sitting near to Gannon, David McGuire, said: “I heard the defendant saying: ‘tu est petit noir homme merde’ which I took to mean ‘you are a little black shit man’. I turned to my friend next to me and said ‘Look, he’s trying to abuse him in French’. My friend then said to Mr Gannon ‘You can’t even abuse someone in French.’ Mr Gannon then replied ‘My Spanish teacher Mr Gomez taught me that’.”

Witnesses also said they saw Gannon making gestures and singing songs about the Munich Air Disaster but he denies this too. Gannon’s defence is that he wasn’t doing a monkey impression at Evra but that he was in fact doing a “caveman dance” at the United fans, claiming that they were “Neanderthals”. “I am not a racist,” he said. “I did not say anything to Patrice Evra or any other players. I was just giving the fans a bit of stick at the end of the game. I told them to get back in their caves and did the neanderthal at them.” Malik Alam, who attended the game with Gannon, said: “He was not doing a monkey gesture. He was doing a sort of caveman dance.”

Yeh, right, that famous caveman dance…

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Chances are pretty good Vertonghen is headed to London. Ajax and Spurs are said to have reached an agreement, if Vertonghen manages to agree to a contract he'll be in the prem next season.

RIP Roque.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
City fans are convinced they have RVP in the bag, £250,000 a week would turn anyones head I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom