Football The 2011/2012 Season Thread

Everz

FH is my second home
Oh yeah, too many nerves to be a great match. Unless you had a vested interest in the match it was awful viewing.

Well I switched off 60minutes in, even the gf could tell I was bored. All big hype matches in the prem have a tendency to be like this though.

That said.. such drama in buying the Prem, oh what Football has come to :(.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Knew City would win it tonight like, didn't even watch it. I really can't see us getting any points from them you know, I think at best we'll get a draw from Chelsea as well.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Everz is right, that was a fucking abysmal game.

United's lack of shots combined with City's constant attempts to walk it into the net, fucking dreadful

Turamber

Part of the furniture
JingleBells said:
Everz is right, that was a fucking abysmal game.

United's lack of shots combined with City's constant attempts to walk it into the net, fucking dreadful

It's very rare for an important game to be a showpiece of exciting football, has too much riding on it. Didn't think it was that bad really .. Was just very one sided as United were so poor.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Result I expected tbh. Could have been worse. To be honest, if United do win the title this year it will continue to mask the shortcomings that have been increasingly obvious for the last three seasons. Everybody knows United have punched above their weight this season with a central midfield that's not up scratch. Maybe winning nowt will get the Glazers to finally blow the moths off their wallets and Fergie to stop talking shite about "value in the market".

I'm resigned to United not winning the league, I just wish it wasn't to City. What's most galling is that it will probably be on goal difference, most of which came from a certain game at Old Trafford last autumn...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Theo Walcott has made more direct contributions to goals this season than any other English winger, having contributed to 24 goals for #AFC.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Arsenal have conceded 14 goals at the Emirates in 18 games (0.78 per game) only Man City have a better defensive record at home this season.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Pretty dull press conference, as expected. Looking forward to seeing what squad Hodgson picks and what kind of playing style we'll see compared with Capello. I'm positive he is a good manager, but I don't think that really matters in the England job. It's a poisoned chalice.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
imo it really doesn't make much difference who the manager is, you can still expect a boring performance and plenty of disappointment. that's the way its been my entire life.

Surely not every manager has been shit since then?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Here is how I see it, everytime Carrick plays against Yaya we struggle to hold the ball, Carrick gets bullied time and time again. So, the only quality possession we had was with Scholes and he was wrecked after 70 mins playing at a very high pace. We have very serious problems in the middle of the park, mainly down to workrate and the ability to win the ball back from high quality opposition. Fletcher is a real miss for workrate, Park has lost the drive he had 2-3 years ago and has had almost zero impact at all this season.

Fergie needs a massive rethink for the centre, we need a world class ball winner who is brave and hardworking. Then we need to bed in an attacking midfielder who can create openings with quality forward passes whilst maintaining a pressure game on the opposition when they have the ball. Until we do that we are going to keep struggling against teams who outwork us and that is exactly what City did, denied us space on a narrowed pitch and pressured us almost everytime we had the ball in the centre of the pitch. Fair play, they weren't brilliant but they were the better side last night, I am just annoyed that we tailored our game to stop them and only changed to an attacking formation with 20 minutes to go.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Man Utd need to stop relying on Scholes/Giggs to clean their shit up if they want to start winning stuff again....Scholes turns 38 next season and Giggs 39.. both have been very good yet again this season but they still need to be replaced..

Phil Jones was also quite terrible attacking last night..

It will be an absolute disaster for both teams if they fail to win the Prem... being knocked out of the CL AND Europa so early.. and the FA cup! and the league cup!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think the word you are looking for is "disapointing" not disaster.

Stop buying into the sensationalism.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Fergie needs to go out and buy a midfielder or two, or season he was muttering on about the youth mainly Morrison and Pogba. Morrison was talented but is a nutter, Pogba tho looked like a real gem and he hardly played him and he is prolly off to juve end of season.

Wish he'd go off and sign someone like bastian schweinsteiger who would suit united more

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fantasy team fucked, forgot to confirm subs on Sat morning, so Moses and Hibbert both stayed benched :/

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh well I had Jelavic and Kompany on my bench and I forgot to sub out Larsson and Disco Benny. :)

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Well that was pretty much bound to happen after playing a team like that :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom