Thanx to GOA

W

Whoodoo_RD

As promised, SI and the standard client were up and running on the day you promised.

OK it took a little longer than expected, but no ones perfect :)

Thanx for putting in the overtime you guys :clap: I went down the pub and had a nice pint while you got it ready, shame the other ppl here couldnt consider doing the same.

F

freemem

/me agrees

Some other companies would of just delayed the patch for a day to a week, but you ppl took the overtime and made it :)

Dont mind whines, they just didnt have a chanse to whine about zerg on emain, or anything else that fits in daily whine routines, so ppl whine about delay instead :clap:

E

Envenom2

i had a good nights sleep instead redy for the power lvling zerg! But SI was worth the wait the gfx are absolutley gorgeous!

T

taromas

Yes, just ignore the whines. Good job guys!! :D

K

kameh

It's great if you can get on but most people still can't :rolleyes:

A

Archeon

I can't registar the damn thing, but appreciate the effort all the same. :great:

B

Belsameth

:clap: :clap: :clap:

good job GOA!
nothing ever goes perfect, but at least you sat it out, and kept us up to date through IRC

:great:

Edit: give Barrysworld an extra server tho, I couldn't spam all evening :( now THAT is horrible!

C

calif101

yes good job,i bet all there wanted to get down the pub too

L

-Lonewolf-

Nice to hear positive feedback

But they will get those people who are having problems sorted

No new release goes smoothly there is always teething involved

Please be patient

G

Gabrial

Not a whine but why do people keep saying 'nothings perfect' and 'on release goes smoothly'?

I work in a software house and we regularly release software on time and fully functional, with no impact to the users.

K

Kharok Svark

A special thanks to Kemor, who kept us updated.

So much so I put a question on BW at 11:30 PM last night and he answed it in 5 minutes.

I have not validated my account yet, I took Kemors advice last night and got some sleep.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Problem I think we got is the fact that GOA have to rely on what Mythic send them, seems Mythic keep sending us laim patches, as in the beta testing soooo many bugs showed up.

S

Sarum TheBlack

:clap: GOA :)

Good work guys.

Someone tell Mythic to nerf snow in 1.61, it's area of effect is way too large if US snow can make your day in France as hard as it did yesterday ;)

J

Jiggs

yeah i think GOA did ok

sounds like they hit some rocks in the road, but still they got the patch/expansion up on the day they promised (for once ;))

and thats the end of it

since most of us on the english servers didn't expect to even buy the game by friday you can't really complain :D

one thing i see now is how addicted some players are, like spamming irc with ...give daoc, give daoc lol well its also enthusiasm for the patchday i guess :help:

anyways nice one for sticking to the plan ( i don't think us english server guys/gals had much to do with it tbh, goa worked their asses off because they know all their french & german players would be rushing home with SI under their arms)

:great:

roll on 1.60 :clap:

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Gabrial
Not a whine but why do people keep saying 'nothings perfect' and 'on release goes smoothly'?

I work in a software house and we regularly release software on time and fully functional, with no impact to the users.

you code new versions of Pong?

seriously tho, I too work in IT and I rarely see something going 100% as it should, no matter how well prepared.
you win some, you lose some. big deal

G

Gabrial

Well maybe not always 100% but rarely this bad.

I suppose some of the problem is related to number of users trying to update/browse etc. at the same time. Even if they knew the numbers, noone is likely to bring extra servers online just for 2 days or so (I wouldnt).

Besides, from what I can make out, its the yanks that are the cause of the delay. If you want to blame someone, blame them!:)

P

parisienscot

OK I understand you lucky people who have got on thanking GOA - but you are a minority! Try to see it from our point of view - I was clicking refresh from 11.45pm to 2.00 am on their SI registration site and did not get on once.

It is now almost midday on Friday and I'm mashing the refresh button at work with our super high speed connection - been doing it since I arrived this morning... and still nothing.

I have a horrible feeling that it will be the same this afternoon and this evening and then tomorrow all the UK people who didn't manage to get SI on Wednesday will be trying to get in too! I don't know whether I'll be able to start playing before Saturday / Sunday.

There is something wrong with that and I don't think GOA should be congratulated on this point at all!

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Gabrial
Besides, from what I can make out, its the yanks that are the cause of the delay. If you want to blame someone, blame them!:)

heh :)

they were kept indoors by a vicious storm...
blame the weather :)

J

Jerjerod

egh! i think iv broken my key board :( too many refreshes ill have to start doing it with the mouse... 80 people at a time? ffs their are thousands trying to register!

I

i-scream

Very bad job GOA, and I'm going to tell why:

1. You shut down all the servers, knowing in advance that you don't have all the necessary files.

2. You gave yourselves 2 options and took the wrong one.

3. Everybody was blocked for the whole day, while you could have set the servers back to the old situation and give it a try one day after, or whenever you have all the files.

4. So, it's one day lost for nothing, servers were back at 23.30...

5. After installing SI and download of the new patch, I'm can't even activate SI.

6. No information at all was given via the official website. The whole day long, there was some promise to keep informed everybody, but no, there was nothing at all.

The least you could do is give everybody one day back to their account.

F

Flimgoblin

patchday's lovely... all the serious whiners crawl out of the woodwork and give us lessons in how to _really_ whine :D

G

Generic Poster

SI should have been released last Friday. That would have given everyone time to register their copy in time for the patch.

Now with thousands of players hammering the webserver for 80slots, this will go on into the weekend.

G

Gabrial

Originally posted by i-scream
2. You gave yourselves 2 options and took the wrong one.

Can we all agree that this is the major problem? I think if they had just rolled the servers back and held their hands up saying 'We are sorry - at least you can play though' I would have been happy.

Then again, I was damned if I was stopping up until 2:00 in the morning just to register and patch! I mean, Im a bit of a fanatic myself but come on - 2:00 in the morning! How long would you have played for?

The trouble is, if the Yank side has said 'Dont worry, we'll definitely get the info to you by 3:00pm' then of course they will start patching early.

F

Flimgoblin

if they rolled it back to save 6 hours of time..

and thus delayed the patch by probably a day or two

how many MORE whinethreads would there be?

B

Beaver

Well if I can't whine about GOA I'm gonna whine about the Royal Mail (UK). Got the email at 11:30am on tuesday from Amazon saying it had been dispatched. Still no sign of it.

A

Aileanara

:clap:

Thanks GOA for staying up late to get it sorted. Must have been a long day for you all getting up before 5am and having to stay at work till the next day.

Hope your bosses brought you all fish and chips about tea time.

To the people moaning.
Fair enough we didnt get what they said we would and you have right to be annoyed/feed up but

A) Its only a game, its not like an ambulance was late to pick you up from the roadside.
B) Would you like to spend an entire day at work?

GOA are people with family a friends. who they might have probably made plans to be with in the evening. think how shity yesterday was for them.

J

Jerjerod

even if you did have it you wouldnt be able to play, its impossible to register right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom