thank you goa for classic servers

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
yearly.png

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I'll assume that you're not meaning "thank you for making the cluster less crowded"... since that probably wouldn't require a darkzone link.

So you mean that you're upset that people are playing on the classic servers and not the normal cluster as was predicted by just about everyone yet people still insisted on voting "yes" for it?

omgz! GOA GAVE US WHAT WE WANTED... THE BASTARDS!

Agent Davidov

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Classic has brought some players back:clap:

yearly.png

I expect "Classic" numbers will lower as it matures and more people will return to play on the TOA servers (or give up.)

Gamah

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
I'll assume that you're not meaning "thank you for making the cluster less crowded"... since that probably wouldn't require a darkzone link.

So you mean that you're upset that people are playing on the classic servers and not the normal cluster as was predicted by just about everyone yet people still insisted on voting "yes" for it?

omgz! GOA GAVE US WHAT WE WANTED... THE BASTARDS!

Correction, they gave us what people like YOU wanted. Yes I rolled there, but only because its not worth playing a dead server anymore :p

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Correction, they gave us what people like YOU wanted

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

In other words, tough :mad:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Agent Davidov said:
Looks like Classic has brought some players back:clap:

I expect "Classic" numbers will lower as it matures and more people will return to play on the TOA servers (or give up.)

The graphs from other US servers don't really support this claim very well. The population on the normal US servers tends to stay the same, although there are minor increases on certain servers.

The population of Excalibur/Prydwen as a cluster at the moment is similar to what Excalibur was before clustering. So the classic launch isn't a major disaster for existing servers, but it really doesn't help.

Also, direct image links are rejected, link to the main page instead!

Gamah

Banned
fenrisan said:
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

In other words, tough :mad:

Actully thats not a democracy, Thats a democracy using say a FPTP system (although it doesn't have to be more than than 50%), a proportonal representation system doesn't use this method :p

But alas I digress...

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Correction, they gave us what people like YOU wanted. Yes I rolled there, but only because its not worth playing a dead server anymore :p

Wonder how many people say they don't want classic but still roll there because their main server is "dead" ...

You realise that if like a 100 people stay on their main server in stead of rolling classic you suddenly have fun solo/small group rvr again.

Either stick with your server or stop whining about it.

IMO

Gamah

Banned
Shanaia said:
Wonder how many people say they don't want classic but still roll there because their main server is "dead" ...

You realise that if like a 100 people stay on their main server in stead of rolling classic you suddenly have fun solo/small group rvr again.

Either stick with your server or stop whining about it.

IMO

Well no I have logged on (and still rvr on my hib account 3 times a week) I find nothing except 10 warlocks at a bridge.

To me thats dead.

Kasall

Fledgling Freddie
I voted for it and i'm playing on it.
Not a bit like "Classic" as in no TOA and SI but its ok.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gamah said:

I didn't want cluster ;)

but that's democracy for you :p

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
i like the idea of classic:) got rid of the leetkids from cluster, so they can cock fight with their epeens on another server, haven't enjoyed cluster rvr since it was introduced!:worthy:

small groups roaming, a new introduction of newbie stealthers without the best gear ever and rr10 so i have actually been able to solo some on my rog warrior, shock..horror... etc etc

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:
i like the idea of classic:) got rid of the leetkids from cluster, so they can cock fight with their epeens on another server, haven't enjoyed cluster rvr since it was introduced!:worthy:

small groups roaming, a new introduction of newbie stealthers without the best gear ever and rr10 so i have actually been able to solo some on my rog warrior, shock..horror... etc etc

nicely put :cheers:

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

aye but tbh pryd/exc cluster was on its way out anywayz, ALOT of people left euro after the last goa fuckup, Classic may just keep Euro daoc going that little bit longer & it *might* even make old timers who previously left return.

But imo classic will be fun for the 1st few months, then it will be full of gank groups, which is what killed the normal servers for the casual players imo ;)

1 good thing about US servers, yes...theres gank groups, but theres also ALOT of randoms/solos/duos/keep siege etc & not everyone is ToA capped...to me all pryd became was a large 8v8 arena..which became dull for those who were not in a 8man...& the same will happen with classic.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
i voted no for classic servers but have now been well and truly convinced that they are a lot of fun :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
boppas said:
aye but tbh pryd/exc cluster was on its way out anywayz,

were you playing on the cluster before classic?

I'm sure an increase in population counts as "on its way out".

Anyway, it's a new classic server, most people will get bored of it once the novelty wears off. Some will stay (probably more than play on camlann) but the majority will return for 1.81.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Arumos said:

Thats strange, I thought it was the leetkids who stayed on the cluster and everyone else who couldn't be arsed/didn't have the time to farm ToA and have 1337 gear who cleared off to the "alternative ruleset" servers.

Which is why the leetkids are whining now, because they have no longer got casual player fodder to farm RPs from.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Thats strange, I thought it was the leetkids who stayed on the cluster and everyone else who couldn't be arsed/didn't have the time to farm ToA and have 1337 gear who cleared off to the "alternative ruleset" servers.

Which is why the leetkids are whining now, because they have no longer got casual player fodder to farm RPs from.

then u obviosly haven't played the cluster recently :eek7:

Calo

Part of the furniture
Sendraks said:

erm, all the set top groups are on classic, so how exactly will you support your arguments?

Dorimor1

Banned
The way I see it is that all the leet groups rolled classic and the casuals have just been mislead into thinking it will be their saviour.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I voted against 'classic' (It isn't even classic, but hey). Excal/Pryd is now pretty much deserted, and there's less people to shoot full of arrows, so RVR did not improve for me.

Classic can't die fast enough for me. :/

Rookiescot

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:

What he said... +1

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
So many bullshit statements in this thread I don't know where to begin :(

The cluster is far from deserted or dead ... you just need to know where to look for fights ... I'm hugely enjoying the duo/trio/small group scene but in fact it's getting harder and harder again as fg's now seem to run till 5 in the morning and start again at 9 :(

It's going to be another month then the first "leet" groups hit rrStupidlyHigh and start rolling the casuals without much of a fight .. then the casuals will realise that they're still being "outskilled" by people that spend a lot more time on the game then they ever can and then they'll come back to the cluster ... about a month later the leet groups realise that just fighting other leet groups isn't giving them enough arpees to feed their epeen so then they follow the casuals back to cluster and classic will be left with 800 people primetime and cluster will be above 3k again.

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
were you playing on the cluster before classic?

I'm sure an increase in population counts as "on its way out".

Anyway, it's a new classic server, most people will get bored of it once the novelty wears off. Some will stay (probably more than play on camlann) but the majority will return for 1.81.

aye i did, for a while, with cluster i was expecting ALOT of action..which in all honesty there was...for the 1st few weeks, then it went downhill fast... hib/pryd used to have a great community, after cluster ppl became selfish..ppl whined/QQ'd alot in BG's..to put it bluntly ...the community (imo) went shit, the one thing i did like about hib/pryd was the way people got along with each other. Before cluster i had 1 person on my /ignore list .. /wave treacle :D ...after cluster ..more than i care to mention :p

I dunno, i guess with cluster leetist groups wanted to show the other server how *uber* they were & in turn they shut them selves off from the realm completly....fk knows..but what i do know is the community as it is (or was just before i quit euro) was crap on hib/pryd.

in the end all i seen (or bumped into to) was stealth grps, few mids here & there but was a rare sight & albs doing there norm (but less of em!) alot of times id run about for 20/30 min without seeing 1 enemy, such fun.. & i coudlnt be assed *waiting* for ppl to return to cluster.

But now im on US.. happy days tbh, took me about 5 weeks (5 days /played) with no PL (just normal old skool levelin) to get my RM 50 / fully ToA'd & into the action which is as soon you enter the frontiers..no need to look for enemy :) ..& yup, im sure cluster will have a few "fotm leetist" groups once again... such fun for the casual player \o/

7:30am (GMT): less than 80 ppl on cluster & 300+ on glastonbury, even after 1.81 (which is prob months off) why would people wanna return to cluster just to bump into gank groups? classic will have its fair share of gank gruops like any server, but cluster will be 90% gank groups.. other 10% will be stealthers :p

anywayz.. bb, im off for some fun on US :cheers:

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Pirkel said:
So many bullshit statements in this thread I don't know where to begin :(

----
It's going to be another month then the first "leet" groups hit rrStupidlyHigh and start rolling the casuals without much of a fight .. then the casuals will realise that they're still being "outskilled" by people that spend a lot more time on the game then they ever can and then they'll come back to the cluster ...

wether they on toa server or classic . the people with more game knowledge and better teamplay (thats what it is. not skill) will STILL pwn the less knowledgable people . but on classic they do have a better chance due to not having all the best toa items and ML's .

on classic they have a slighlty better chance of being even with the uber grps hence i for one would rather be pwnd ona classisc server where people havent got much better gear/items than me. than on the toa/ml10 servers

DarkSnaker

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure people will come back with 1.81, it takes away the long time camping artifacts in ToA, atleast I'm coming back :twak:

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Some people just dont have time to farm artis and do mls all day every day, i started as a hardcore player but was forced to become a casual when the world of work reared its ugly head, i dont think classic will die, i think people would rather not have to worry about toa to compete, if it dies i will go back to excal sure, but for now im happy leveling up knowing that i wont need to spend hours upon hours farming and leveling artis etc, a few DS raids i can handle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom