Thane spec? - 1.82 patch

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Himse said:
Why is everyone speccing sheild? :S Only really need engage and mayhaps a small interupt with a fast sheild. :s

Parry chain, instantdd, pbaoe dd, doomhammer and hes very much dead :S
I wanted more parry to get off more of that parry chain. That's why i lowered SC to 38, but i'll see how it works.
I could then go 42 parry, 7 shield or i could lower parry with 6 points and get 17 more in shield.
Seemed like a good thing to do, since i'll be using 1-h most of the time and that gives me a little more defence. :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Nul said:
I dueld a thane yesterday and I blocked doomhammer several times. :p
At least I think so. Its not all PvP so I stick to 35 shield for now.
Would be nice to duel some thanes with differents specs.
My spec is for test only. I havent decided yet.
I'll duel you with mine!

Just need to get that last level first, go to an arti raid, get cash for MP armour, SCing, etc, etc. :p

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
I'll duel you with mine!

Just need to get that last level first, go to an arti raid, get cash for MP armour, SCing, etc, etc. :p

Anytime. I have a BB too so we can do buffed tests as in real rvr.
But its sounds like Im gonna have to wait _some_ time... :p hehe

X

xGenocidex

gohan said:
on daoc portal (lvl 50 RvR server) all thanes seemed to go 42 shield 47 SC 34 melee rest parry

on daoc portal thanes spell damage is completely wrong... + they can get acuity buffed there

trying 50 hammer 50 sc 28 parry on my thane.. even got a nice template using phoebus/winged helm/scalars/shades of mist and atens in shield slot for the use ;x :p so i'm glad to say i won't be taking that much damage every now and again :p

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
on daoc portal thanes spell damage is completely wrong... + they can get acuity buffed there

trying 50 hammer 50 sc 28 parry on my thane.. even got a nice template using phoebus/winged helm/scalars/shades of mist and atens in shield slot for the use ;x :p so i'm glad to say i won't be taking that much damage every now and again :p

What hammer will u use?

I use CL 1h and brusier 2h myself atm.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Genocide, plz don't go 28 parry, go 27 instead you won't notice anything, to be able to have engage and guard1 give alot(melee/archer immunity) though.

Also Zoia, with low piety and 38sc your nukes and instas will hit for very little.
If you want a very good melee thane, with ability to interrupt try:
50hammer,23sc,42shield, 32parry, then you get good parry AND good shield spec with slam.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
"I went 35s, 21p, 44 and 47 SC on my thane.
Im pretty happy with that. No über damage, but at least a step in the right
direction. :)

RAs are; MoB3, MoP1, AoM3 and Dual threat 1 btw."

Argh... hehe ofc you spec as you want, but this ^^ spec make me cry ;]

First with 48sc, you get the hardest hitting AND fastest hitting AND highest range hitting nuke.

# 250-350 dmg per nuke(crits not included).
# 2.4 speed, meaning with capped dex in template and augdex3 and 6-8% toa bonus casting speed, you nuke each 1.2 second(thats veeery close to pure caster casting speed, with dex above 370)
# with 8% to toa casting range bonus, the range is about 1850 (exist no other nuke in daoc at that range, on any class, sure bolts is a bit better but not possible to spam them, 1 or 2 bolts).

With rr5, insta and one nuke i take about 50% hp, of most casters, if they try to reach the point where they can nuke back with qc/moc they pretty much dead, when they get there.

Second, the 44hamemr style, pretty much useless, since when you damage a enemy after using the backsnare style, the snare go away, thus if hunting a enemy you just spam the backsnare since it gets re-applied each time.
So speccing 44hammer as a thane is no good idea, either 39 or 50.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Eithor said:
Also Zoia, with low piety and 38sc your nukes and instas will hit for very little.
If you want a very good melee thane, with ability to interrupt try:
50hammer,23sc,42shield, 32parry, then you get good parry AND good shield spec with slam.
Slam is nice to have, but even with only 38 SC, my nukes will still do some damage to soften up a target before he gets to me, wont they?
With only 23 SC they will be resisted a lot unless i spend lots of points in MoF.
Would kinda make him into a gimped warrior with some interrupts.

When i made that troll, i had no idea what i was doing and put 10 in str and con and 5 in dex and quick.
Not a bad choice i guess, but it makes him a bit better for melee, imo, being a troll and all. =)
I'm going to get in as much dex and piety as i can in his template so he can do a bit of ranged damage as well.
Definately wont be the best caster out there, but as long as i can do a bit of damage with my spells, that's fine for me. :)

Already specced him too and i can't afford a respec stone. :p

Fortunately it's easy to get artis now, so maybe i'll level up my 24 frosty or reroll norse or something if it doesn't work.

X

xGenocidex

Nul said:
What hammer will u use?

I use CL 1h and brusier 2h myself atm.

will be malice :) going to have malice 2h/battlier 1h/atens shield/phoebus/som/scalars/winged helm/ :p alrdy got me template heh :p need leviathan tail belt however :p rest is easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom