Thane spec? - 1.82 patch

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
How will u spec after 1.82 patch?
Hammer?
Shield?
SC?
Parry?

My thane has been axe spec since I made him 2+ years ago.
I've been reading and I think I will spec my thane in the following way:

Hammer 44 (Not 50, due low WS I wont hit with Mjolnir to often anyway. I will use Ruiner/Crumble and Provoke/Lamblast depending on target)

Shield 35 (side style "slam" Mangle and pretty good defence still)

SC 47 (I get 12% debuff, best self dmg add and a good self S/C buff)

Parry 21 (I will prolly get MoP 2-3 at rr5+)

:)

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
if i had a thane.. i would try 50 hammer 48 SC 32 parry ^^

Aerendur

Fledgling Freddie
Well, in my opinion you should go for the lvl 50 SC style. The added instant dmg (even if it disarms you a while) is really worth it.

Then hammer vs shield. I will try a lower shield spec and see if I miss the slam (Im sure I wont miss the end-drain).

So I will probably go for something like:
50 SC
44 Hammer
35 shield
12 parry

Pretty 'all-round' imo. Good blocking, enough hammer, but not all out for the parry-chain.

If I dont like missing slam Ill go back, if Im happy with even lower shield I might go for 50 hammer 26 shield in the end.

Himse

FH is my second home
50 hammer 50 sc.

a thane 2 shot my berserker. buffed fight too.

gohan

FH is my second home
on daoc portal (lvl 50 RvR server) all thanes seemed to go 42 shield 47 SC 34 melee rest parry

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:
on daoc portal (lvl 50 RvR server) all thanes seemed to go 42 shield 47 SC 34 melee rest parry

nuke nuke nuke slam nuke nuke nuke dead...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
gohan said:
Odd spec...crap WS, half the decent styles missing.

Im considering 50 hammer, 50 SC rest parry with MOP 4, good job repecs are cheap these days. If not, Ill prolly look at a better sheild spec.

With these new toys to play with, its also hard to know what to sacrifice, go 2h and loose stats from the sheilds, as its bloody hard to cap a thane in the first place with a decent temp, let alone loosing 37pnt OC or a decent stat sheild, in favour of 2h damage and pot luck on parrying.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
I might respec my thane to 48, 42, 50 spec (hammer, shield and SC). Remains to be seen thou.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
gohan said:

Daoc portal. They r not using same code as Mythic..?
I wouldent compare to much from those servers.

That spec would be one of the last I tryed btw. :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Ixoth said:
I might respec my thane to 48, 42, 50 spec (hammer, shield and SC). Remains to be seen thou.

Why not 50, 50, 50? hehe. I guess u ment 48, 32, 50 or 38, 42, 50? :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Nul said:
Why not 50, 50, 50? hehe. I guess u ment 48, 32, 50 or 38, 42, 50? :)

You are right (feeling silly), ofc the 38, 42, 50 spec. :cheers: (have to try the last doom hammer spell thingy available at SC of 50).

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Considering BoS weapons do energy damage I cant wait to see my damage output with my thane. :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, you all who dont spec 50SC. Or spec 34(?) wep are completly retarded, sorry but you are.

Why spec 34 wep when the parry reactive hammer style is at 39 hammer? And 47SC gives you a pointless PBAoE debuff.

50SC is a must unless you spec SC for interupts, whihc is stupid as well. In that case you should leave it alot lower around 30-39.

And when it comes to hammer hammer is clearly in favour. If you go 2h or 1h is upto you. However for th elove of god dont drop both below 50.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
IF a thane got a good template, and some ra points wisely spent, the 50sc spell/style DoomHammer will do about 600-900 damage (without crit and depending on ememy resists/armortype/race/ra's), using a good 2-hander.

So going 48sc and not 50 is... like a waste since doomhammer got 1000 range, 10 sec reuse timer. Do insane damage on oil (300 - 500+).

Not going 48sc would be a waste as well, since it do decent dmg, got the best speed (2.4, thats about 1 nuke each 1.2 sec with 330dex and 8% toa castingspeed bonus) and farthest range (1870 range with 10% to toa casting range).

The specs that really get the most out of a thane would be(in no specifik prder):
- 50sc, 50hammer, 27parry, 10shield(if going 28parry you cant get engage in the shieldline, wich is a lifesaver among other things, especially vs archers).
- 50sc, 50hammer, 17parry, 23shield(6sec behind shield-stun style).
- 50sc, 39hammer(for the 2'nd best hammer dd proc style, about 140-160 extra dmg), 42shield(for slam, 9sec stun) and 6parry(parry is needed to land 39hammer style, Lambast, it is low parry, but say at rr4 it's possible to have parry6+14+moparry3+high dex310+(high for a thane), then all of a sudden that parry is pretty decent.

If creating a thane from scratch, no matter race, these would be the stats to invest those 30 points into:
str10, pie10, dex10

- Str for higher ws, more melee dmg and for higher hammer dd proc dmg.
- Pie for larger powerpool(a thanes ppool is very small, especially since the acuity buffs won't affect us) AND to do more dmg with: nukes, instas and doomhammer dd proc.
- Dex affect:
# castingspeed(spell dps in other words).
# Blocking with shield.
# The ability to land a shieldstyle, such as slam.
# Parry
# Melee damage, w00t you might think, but not that hard to see really, the higher dex, the more you'll parry, the more you'll get off Lambast and (if specced for it) Mjollnirs Fury.

For me, dex is THE most important stat on my thane, have a hard time to land slam and my defence goes from ok to crappy, and my casting speed suffers alot, IF I Neglect dex.

Can't really turn down a stat that affect defence, casting dps and melee dps.

10 extra con give a thane roughly about 55-60 hp, thats NOT worth it.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Slam is a must for a thane who prefers to stun them opponents. SO there you go 39,42 and 50 spec seems to be the best option to me.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
To bad I cant play so much tonight. Would be nice to duel and compare
our diffrent specs and ideas. Too see if something points out.

When I get on I will be on Sparq(thane) or Lycka(My SCer).

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I wonder if faster swing rate increase DPS? If using crumble/runier styles
on a caster for example. Perhaps the proc damge is based on melee damage in some way.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
(ty Whoodoo ;] )

The melee dd proc dmg is based/enhaced on str, toa bonus to casting dmg, relic, mom and weaponspec.

For DoomHammer dd proc, it's piety instead of str and weaponspec only affect the melee dmg part of DH, else mom, toa bonus and relic affect DH as well.

Here you got a good Thane site, with nice info about the new stuff and weapon and spell calculators.
Also it's linked to the official Thane (TL) forum:

http://www.dlajt.com/thrudvang

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
So yes, faster melee will increase dps :)

Ah and don't mind the news at the Thrudvang site, it's about the only thing that hasn't been updated.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
So yes, faster melee will increase dps :)

Ah and don't mind the news at the Thrudvang site, it's about the only thing that hasn't been updated.

Ok. Thx for info x 2. :)

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Should clarify that the dd procs dmg stay the same, no matter speed on weapon or if 1 or 2 hand, so spamming a very fast 1-hander might be a good idea(the one who proc addtional pet-weapons would be nice, hehe).

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
Should clarify that the dd procs dmg stay the same, no matter speed on weapon or if 1 or 2 hand, so spamming a very fast 1-hander might be a good idea(the one who proc addtional pet-weapons would be nice, hehe).

Ahh.. nice. I have a couple of celerity hammers somewhere. 30% attack speed.
Perhaps good choice as a 2H. Need some testing there tho.. :)

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Im jelous at u that can play now when servers are up. Im at work. *grrr*
Tell me what u think of ur thanes now, Im courios. :)
Respecced?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
The change wasnt all that awsome tbh. DH etc is not nearly as good as people claim it is.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I was going to level up a frosty and spec it 50, 50, 17parry, 23 shield, but i have decided to get my the old troll, Phoo, to 50 instead.
Almost lv 49 now and will be 50 once i complete some Cata quests etc, 4 years after i made him. :)

Respecced him today and i'm going 38 SC, 50 hammer, 36 parry and 24 shield.
I don't think he'll be nuking that much and hope the extra defence will help when i'm out soloing, as i will probably do most of the time.

Maybe he'll end up as a gimp. We'll see.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I went 35s, 21p, 44 and 47 SC on my thane.
Im pretty happy with that. No über damage, but at least a step in the right
direction. :)

RAs are; MoB3, MoP1, AoM3 and Dual threat 1 btw.

Himse

FH is my second home
Nul said:
I went 35s, 21p, 44 and 47 SC on my thane.
Im pretty happy with that. No über damage, but at least a step in the right
direction. :)

RAs are; MoB3, MoP1, AoM3 and Dual threat 1 btw.

Why is everyone speccing sheild? :S Only really need engage and mayhaps a small interupt with a fast sheild. :s

Parry chain, instantdd, pbaoe dd, doomhammer and hes very much dead :S

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
Why is everyone speccing sheild? :S Only really need engage and mayhaps a small interupt with a fast sheild. :s

Parry chain, instantdd, pbaoe dd, doomhammer and hes very much dead :S

I dueld a thane yesterday and I blocked doomhammer several times. :p
At least I think so. Its not all PvP so I stick to 35 shield for now.
Would be nice to duel some thanes with differents specs.
My spec is for test only. I havent decided yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom