TG rights ?

T

Tafador

Today [05/01/2003] i logged in hagall and saw the FDS group of BaF forming in hagall , i asked em what mobs they was/were ? going to hunt etc , and they answered some mobs[ that was almost all dungeon] .

I planned to hunt the hell of TG with FDS too , if i go and start my own hunt ill fuck up their hunt, if they do they will fuck my own hunt .

Imo no1 has right over mobs via posting here .
Just wana hear your ideas

C

coolan

ur right nobody has rights over mobs by posting here but its common courtesy not to go farm the mobs if you know someone is already planning on going on that day.

K

klavrynd

first one there claims the dungeon as far as im concerned.

R

Roo Stercogburn

The times our alliance (or rarely, Fedaykin ourselves) has arranged TG hunts and posted here its for a couple of reasons.

First of all, courtesy to others so that if they have already planned something we won't interfere with it and/or can work something out between us. This has happened a couple of times and we cooperated with the other players and got something sorted out.

Secondly, you aren't staking a claim but it declaring intent. This does help when others are organising something if they know that someone else is going into the area. TG is probably the must prized drop-hunting area in Midgard so naturally there are a lot of people wanting to arrange hunts there. You have to be sensible and try and work around each other.

These two points are kind of similar, but from opposite sides of the same coin.

In your above case, I don't know if anyone had made a post about TG as you don't mention it directly, though you do imply it.

And Tafador, slightly ironic you saying you can't claim a mob by making a post here given the number of Dragon Raids you've posted on this forum - I don't think you'd be too happy if someone else arranged a 3FG Dragon-gank the same time you did and lets face it, its not hard for any alliance or few guilds to put together 3FG for something like that ;)

B

boomeruk

if someone posts a guild raid publicly, it doesent give them "rights" to anything, its about common curtesy and goodwill between realmates.

when i farmed tg it was either stupidly late at night or when no one had posted to say they were farming it. if someone was already there farming, i'd log and play another char till it was empty, or repoped.

B

boomeruk

also, i was in talks with guilds who did regular raids and helped out as much as possible, with rough repop information / what mobs were up etc etc... also offered to focus pull a few of the harder mobs for a couple of guilds once hehe. oh yea... gave pulling tips and stratergies as much as possible too

T

Tafador

you are not the first person to mention my dragon raids thingie , and it wont be the first time i answer that you and me are right , i dont have the right to claim the dragon as mine certain day.

Dont missunderstand [sp] me i can be rude sometimes but i have some decency[sp?] , if for example i know some pple are clearing the way to isso , im not that lamer to pull issorden once all the skellies are clear .

If some pple are planning on hunting all TG , well i want my piece of cake too , not by leeching em , but if they are doing isso , i would like to take forn or councils for example.

English is not my mother language.

O

old.Hardbein

By announcing a guild raid (like I have done), I do it to kindly ask ppl who farm the dungeon on a regular basis, to just "sige-fire" for a few hours so were able to get some decent mobs/dops from our raid. And also avoid other guilds planning a raid the same day we plan to go down there.
And most immportant of all....avoiding that the cave re-pops on us while were down there.

To Lubri: sure u want a "piece of the cake too", but with me annoucing a raid in advance, should warn u that were already planning something...then u should reschedule ur plans imo. Well atleast thats what I would do :)

F

frols

No one can claim something in the game since we all pay for it and its your own decision.

But I do Alliance TG raids almost every satuday and we post it here so others might know about it, I think its just about respect that you can leave a dungeon alone for a whole day so someone else can hunt there since i dont think the focus pullers are there for the first time.

O

old.Spug

Lets face it, its an uber dungeon, which means that people will want to hunt there, however, its pretty hard to find a time when there isnt someone already in TG.

TR tried to hunt there several times, without posting to say they'd be doing so, but every time we got there, it was camped by people that spent every waking hour there. this is why we announce our intentions.

We're not greedy when we do. we know roughly how many mobs we can take in the time our hunts last, and we dont do this every week (its dull as hell) we're lucky to go there once a month if that...

BUT, it is common courtesy, especially if you farm the place on a daily basis, to step aside and let others have their fun once in a while.

M

mastade

Originally posted by coolan
ur right nobody has rights over mobs by posting here but its common courtesy not to go farm the mobs if you know someone is already planning on going on that day.

T

Tafador

What i cant understand is why should i leave issorden if some other pple are killing councils for example and they have planned to kill issorden after 2 hours, i have the same right to kill him than they.

J

jimmy_kell

why should you leave isso... to not be selfish and let someone else have a go for once? :)
recently TR was going on a hunt to TG, and had posted as such, i was talking to boomer the night before, he was waiting for isso to pop. not only did he PM me in the morning saying that if he popped he would kill him (which is fair) but he went so far as to state that if isso hadnt repopped by time TR got there that night, he would give us all loot that isso dropped to apologise for possibly knackering up our hunt.

unselfish summ sm > selfish summ sm imo

O

old.Spug

What i cant understand is why should i leave issorden if some other pple are killing councils for example and they have planned to kill issorden after 2 hours, i have the same right to kill him than they.

for the same reason people shouldnt jump in while you're fighting a mob, try to out aggro you, and get the loot.

common courtesy...

T

Tafador

Originally posted by old.Spug
for the same reason people shouldnt jump in while you're fighting a mob, try to out aggro you, and get the loot.

common courtesy...

what an example..... my question is , why should i leave an untouched mob , and you compare it to leeching .
GG

T

Tafador

Originally posted by jimmy_kell
why should you leave isso... to not be selfish and let someone else have a go for once? :)
to let someone have a go for once? i lvled my SM 2 weeks ago and i have been focus pulling maybe 2 or 3 days , the rest of days or isso wasnt in home or there were some guild hunt , i still havent ruined any raid , but hell looks like i have to come here and say when im going to farm , and still its not sure if isso and company is gonna be there.

N

NecromancerBane

The only people i have a problem with are people who know a raid has been stated and they sneak in /anon and farm. One raid my Alliance made we found 4 FDS groups randomly farming mobs and every single one of them was /anon. I know you don't have rights to any dungeon but as people have said common courtesy, our alliance goes there because people need the drops to improve their character which inturn strengthens the realm. Small FDS farm groups mostly go to reap items to sell for profit which i feel is unrealmlike.

O

old.Spug

what an example..... my question is , why should i leave an untouched mob , and you compare it to leeching .
GG

Yup, thats right, someone has gone out of their way to set up a raid for several people, planned which mobs they want to take, and announced it, and to then go and take that mob, yes, its equivelent to leeching.

In my mind, Focus Pulling epic mobs is ridiculously over powered, and yes, I say this as a spiritmaster too, I specced out of summon because with focus pull theres simply no challenge.

Roll on the nerf imo

L

lenore

yeah boom helps a lot with our raids :) one other guild said they had planned at tg raid same time as ours but didnt read bw so they carried on with their raid even though i asked them nicely not to before they started. after the first pm went out they all went anon....strange that....:rolleyes:

B

BimboBane

Well well our raid just ended, we started 15:00 and mangled tg until 05:20 when sum of us suied out. stlong raid iom.

During the time we where there diffrent players got killed over and over and over again all of them anon, among them somebody called issorden and his fellow hang arounds. *this name sounds familiar*

Since im one of the ones battering with Boomer and a few others to strangle Isso, Forn and hurika i make very sure each time that there is no planned raid that starts within 12 hours and always check with the ones in TG before i keel them cause i know what a aparatus it is to arrange a guild/allaince raid and doing it just to see all the candy gone by sum anon covard that even dont stand for what he is doing is just lame, lets leave that to the others that just want to destroy for others and get a kick out of being known as pricks.

Midgaard Prydwen is a friendly place, and we have a few large guilds and many many small ones and yet things works quite well since we always have tried to solve things in a mature and friendly maner.

//BimboBane

GM <Bulle af Fetstryk>

S

scarffs

I think (think, so correct me if i'm wrong )you guys miss the point.
Tafador isnt talking about a hunt organised once ina while but a hunt by BaF who camp Tg all the time with fds. Therefor imo another guy with fds has as much rights to mobs then they do.
Of course, if a guild or so is planning a raid with 20ppl and states so etc etc, it seems selfish to ruin it.

But the fds ers can work something out probably, they're all stinking rich.

S

scarffs

Originally posted by nott
you can actually do guild raids on mid/pryd? :)

on mid/excal focusers more or less owns tg, unless youre goin for mobs from kvasir and towards king you will pretty much come to a cleared out place every day.

it will soon be over though as the next patch nerfs will kill focus in midgard.

I'm kinda glad the nerf is comin as it has become an addiction, and I can use the poor excuse to flamers that our way of killing is gonna be dead soon anyway. I will miss focus and I do not agree with people who say that it takes no skill, atleast no less skill than any other way to kill tg-mobs. It was fun to see what you could do with a small focusteam.

Current kill list.
2 persons controlling 4 chars:
isso,forn,hord,ozur,nokkvi,otrygg,agmundr,hakr.
3 persons controlling 7 chars:
hurika,hjalmar,suttung,birghir,guthlac,skuf
we sucked at the mezzing mobs (kvasir/steinvor)and only got them down to like 20-30 % (wouldve been alot easier with real persons behind all chars) I like to add Yar in malmo to this list. He was a fun challenge with 3 controlling 7 :)
DF is also fun but not so rewarding unless you can handle legion (which is focusable). princes,hl's,grand chanselor,chamberlain are fun challenges with a small team.

This is exactly why they nerf it. A small amount of people getting more then their share of loot for the time they invest.

T

Tafador

Originally posted by BimboBane
Well well our raid just ended, we started 15:00 and mangled tg until 05:20 when sum of us suied out. stlong raid iom.

During the time we where there diffrent players got killed over and over and over again all of them anon, among them somebody called issorden and his fellow hang arounds. *this name sounds familiar*

Since im one of the ones battering with Boomer and a few others to strangle Isso, Forn and hurika i make very sure each time that there is no planned raid that starts within 12 hours and always check with the ones in TG before i keel them cause i know what a aparatus it is to arrange a guild/allaince raid and doing it just to see all the candy gone by sum anon covard that even dont stand for what he is doing is just lame, lets leave that to the others that just want to destroy for others and get a kick out of being known as pricks.

Midgaard Prydwen is a friendly place, and we have a few large guilds and many many small ones and yet things works quite well since we always have tried to solve things in a mature and friendly maner.

//BimboBane

GM <Bulle af Fetstryk>

ermmmm my post wasn´t a flame to BaF , my post talking about BaF was an example , i could have given other names as example .
Anyways , am i a coward for being anon? if i want to be anon ill be anon.
The words you sended 2 days ago when frols had a raid going made me laugh , you calling me names without knowing a shit i had already spoke with him [ frols´s raid was over ] .
Other thing , yes we died yesterday at n8 when we was going to log at isso , we had personally issues irl and we ended all dead .

Gogo big mouth

C

_cofi_

Originally posted by Tafador

Anyways , am i a coward for being anon? if i want to be anon ill be anon.

How come you were /anon?

O

old.Spug

and why shouldnt i be anon ?

no reason why you shouldnt be, after all, sitting there anon in a dungeon means people wont ask you not to farm the mobs that others have stated their intent to go for.

Obviously takes a lot of practise to be that much of a dick :p

S

scarffs

Or mabe summ sms cant work something out...
Greed isnt a nice thing.

L

lenore

not all summ sm's are greedy. u want examples and ill give u a few names. i dont get the whole anon thing tho, understandable when people abuse u like hell tho. imo if someones got a raid on, let them do a raid, its not fair to ruin 3fg+ peoples day because u wanna earn some cash to do whatever u summ sms do with it :p

B

BimboBane

Originally posted by lenore
wanna earn some cash to do whatever u summ sms do with it :p

Well i can only speak for the Bulle team since that is the one I personaly run. We do it mostly to gain respec rocks since I would guess Bulle got among the klumpsiest speccers on the planet, atleast if we look at the endless stream of ppl screwing up their toons in odd ways. I wont give out any names but yepps, there where ppl with the famous "jon" specc out there.... =)

"damn i specced one point to much in ........."
"f-word, i laaged now i specced 3 points in the wrong weapon"
And my faworite
"my litle brother blew my respec" (only heard that once)

Most of the ybers go strait into guild vault for just about any bulle that need it to claim for use (not to sell, salvage, give away,trade)

No we dont sell any itams and No we don't need more members right now. ;)

//BimboBane

G

goasucks

Originally posted by BimboBane

No we dont sell any itams ................;)

//BimboBane [/B]

So the respec stone on sale at House 1767 consignment merchant is not really there - doh.

Users who are viewing this thread