TFT Question

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
This is a kind of repost from the Barrysworld Forum.

I have a 17"Multisync LCD 1760NX connecting to an Nvidia GForce 4 Ti 4600 via a DVI cable. This works perfectly until I try to use the recommended resolution of 1280 x1024 whereby the screen becomes full of of red pixelated lines flashing on and off. The DVI cable I uset is a very high quality one so I dont know what the problem is. Originally I was lead to believe it might be an issue with the Via chip on my Asus A7V 266 but I find this hard to believe since it supports all lower resolutions plus Im using the latest set of drivers.

Anyone have a clue what could be causing this and what the solution could be?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tried the monitor on a different gfx card? Sounds like either the gfx card or the monitor is toast.
Also, check your drivers, mine have two settings for DVI mode and frequency which (apparently) can fix corruption over DVI. :p

I'm surprised you're having problems though, I have a Multisync LCD 1860NX and it was fine with my GF4 Ti4600.

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Monitor (one month old)and the card (15 months old) work perfectly in every other aspect (ie any resolution in analogue mode) and Im using the latest Nidia drivers. Where are you finding the settings for the DVI?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Am I right in thinking the lines are vertical?

If so, sounds like the same problem as I had with one of my NEC 1850X's - needed to go back to NEC for a pe0n to tap it gently with a rubber mallet.

Best thing to do is call their support line and ask where you stand with regards to getting it replaced or repaired.

Xav

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Refresh is set at 60

Pixelated lines are all Horizontal and are bright orange/red with lots of individual flashing red/orange pixels. Only occurs if resolution is 1280 by xxx. All lower reolutions are fine

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
*Bump*

Come on guys , whats the matter, to hard ?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
I'd seriously call them, that's a panel fault not something PC-end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom