testing a pc with no OS

Yaka

Part of the furniture
thinking of ebaying some kit, and i am wanting to test some pcs which have no
os installed. is there any app or some thing that tests a pc with no os on the hard drive? would save me alot of time faffing around if there is

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i know jack about linux, only ever tried linux for a day when i got the PS2 linuix pak

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
It boots up and loads just like windows, you don't need to know anything complicated

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Yaka said:
i know jack about linux, only ever tried linux for a day when i got the PS2 linuix pak

Hmm, that needn't be a problem. Like I say, it should boot you to a desktop environment without much hassle. Can you be more specific about what it is you want to test? Someone might be able to give instructions if necessary.

megadaisy

Loyal Freddie
knoppix mate - download iso - burn cd - boot off it. Software is all a breeze to use and the drivers etc all self load - totally plug and play.
www.knoppix.org

very handy thing to have!
(you can for eg read a ntfs drive and burn the files to cd)

Yaka

Part of the furniture
Shovel said:
Hmm, that needn't be a problem. Like I say, it should boot you to a desktop environment without much hassle. Can you be more specific about what it is you want to test? Someone might be able to give instructions if necessary.

just wana test if the hdd is ok and ram gfx card are working fine. as i said i want ebay a few pcs i have lying around with no os isntalled on the hdd

thanx will check out those utils later tonite

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
if your XP install shits it's self knoppix rappidly becomes your best friend :D

you can do a check disk with the XP install cd and there are a load of usful apps on the ubcd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom