Terminator 3

L

legendario

looks average.

and "she'll be back" ?

oh dear lord that made me cringe.

E

ECA

by good, I meant, Your typically cheesy arnold action fare.

:-]

L

legendario

I'll more than likely watch it at the cinema but it'll have to be something special to be as good as 1 and 2 in my eyes.

Arnold Schwarzenegger just doesn't seem to cut it anymore....he looked almost comical in that trailer.

S

Scouse

Looked like standard Arnie fare. But thats a "good thing" IMHO :)

I'm dubious about the female terminator though:

I just can't believe it when I see a woman beat up a man. Frankly it's fucking stupid.

Anyone see the Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis? Nice idea to have a kick-ass female agent - but the minute she got into fights with men then it was completely unbelievable. - They'd simply knock the bitch down!

It's not sexist - its realist. If my missus tried to kill me then I know who'd come out on top. (Not that I condone hitting women.)

E

ECA

Your missing the minor point that its not a she, it just looks like one.

Its a robot :-]

Its more powerful, cuz it can store more energy cells in certain places :D

L

legendario

she had a nice pair of energy cells in that trailer tbh

O

old.Jas

Looks alright IMO... but the plot (from what we can see) looks a little similar to the second to me?

W

whipped

<sarcasm>And the plot of the second was nothing like the first now was it</sarcasm> ;)

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Scouse
Looked like standard Arnie fare. But thats a "good thing" IMHO :)

I'm dubious about the female terminator though:

I just can't believe it when I see a woman beat up a man. Frankly it's fucking stupid.

Anyone see the Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis? Nice idea to have a kick-ass female agent - but the minute she got into fights with men then it was completely unbelievable. - They'd simply knock the bitch down!

It's not sexist - its realist. If my missus tried to kill me then I know who'd come out on top. (Not that I condone hitting women.)

Dear god, does this post really exist?

S

Scouse

Yeah. Sorry. I was having a rant (bad day at work!)

But, you've gotta admit - I've got a point. :p

E

ECA

Yeah. Sorry. I was having a rant (bad day at work!)

But, you've gotta admit - I've got a point. :p

No you dont.

The Terminators appearance is female, thats all.

It doesnt make it inherently weaker than one that looks male.

You've lost, now go home.

Go on.

Shoo

:rolleyes:

S

Scouse

Nice argument - "You've lost - now go home".

Go back and re-read my post.

I was saying I was dubious about the female terminator - but because she's supposed to be a machine it may be enough.

Nearly every other film where a woman kicks ass looks bloody stupid because, unless you're some politically correct arsehole, you know that 99.5% of women are completely incapable of it.

Look at the new James Bond film. Halle Berry needs a slap - and her fighting alongside Bond as a kick-ass secret agent looks daft - but at least the producers had the foresight to make her last battle against another woman rather than a man.

There are loads of things that women can do better than us (and vice versa). Fighting isn't one of them. Period.

Try reading posts properly. "YOU lose" - shoo etc etc....

:p

X

xane

Nearly every other film where a woman kicks ass looks bloody stupid because, unless you're some politically correct arsehole, you know that 99.5% of women are completely incapable of it.

There are loads of things that women can do better than us (and vice versa). Fighting isn't one of them. Period.

You really need to visit my old Karate club sometime, I'm sure some of them will be only to happy to demonstrate how to put your bollocks thru the top of your head.

S

Scouse

If you noticed I did say 99.5%.....

Anyway - I think that you'd be hard-pushed to find any woman that could bitch-slap my 6-foot-3-inches and 15-stones worth of muscle.

And that's just my nob! ;)

:cool:

S

stu

If you noticed I did say 99.5%.....

Do you understand the concept of fiction? The Terminator *isn't real*. It doesn't have to make sense.

D

danger

Yeah not real FFS!!! Bitches aren't hard they make up for it by being cross all the time? ok wierd yet completely random quopte... everybodies right except me... k?!

L

legendario

Scouse I put money on it that my bird could kick the living shite out of you.

You're attitude frightens me.

Do you know the amount of men who are treated in hospital each year after being physically abused by their wives?

S

Scouse

Do you understand the concept of fiction? The Terminator *isn't real*. It doesn't have to make sense.

Yes ffs. Jeesus - I go away for a few months and everyone's IQ seems to drop.

I KNOW it isn't real. But, if you kids have ever been to the "movies" before - you know there's this thing called "suspension of disbelief". I'm sure T3 will be fine - but other films I've seen with female characters that kick ass just look silly.

Scouse I put money on it that my bird could kick the living shite out of you.

You're attitude frightens me.

Do you know the amount of men who are treated in hospital each year after being physically abused by their wives?

Yeah yeah. Is this a sort of alternate version of "my dad's better than yours" pissing contest or something?

Didn't think so.

I've a friend who's a copper. He tells me that 9 out of 10 domestic disturbance calls he goes to involve a woman throwing things at/hitting her husband/boyfriend/whatever.

No surprise there then.

What did surprise me was that on almost every occasion they still take the man away and put him in the cells for the night - regardless of whether he's in the wrong. Why??

Because if he loses his rag and starts hitting her then the situation starts becoming a lot more serious.

Now, children, all I did was post saying I hope that the film wouldn't be silly with a female terminator. I was NOT having a pop at all your individual girlfriends, who I'm sure are lovely (if they exist outside of a chatroom).

Stop taking things so seriously.....

L

legendario

Now, children, all I did was post saying I hope that the film wouldn't be silly with a female terminator. I was NOT having a pop at all your individual girlfriends, who I'm sure are lovely (if they exist outside of a chatroom).

Stop taking things so seriously.....

All we were saying is that it's not silly. Like ECA has already itterated, the female is in fact a robot and therefore could probably kick 3 shades of shite out of Arnie. It doesn't look silly to me as I know a few females who could whip an ass with an arm tied behind their backs.

Not only are you patronising, you are short sighted and sexist.

An btw I got a hand job from her last night... how is that possible with a chat room girlfriend?

I don't take things too seriously but I do appreciate that there are more than a few women who could teach you a thing or two about fighting.

S

Scouse

Rumedial class got out early today then Legendario?

O

old.Jas

Look at the new James Bond film. Halle Berry needs a slap - and her fighting alongside Bond as a kick-ass secret agent looks daft
Couldn't agree more. The silly bitch should stick to shit like The Flintstones.

I did enjoy watching when she got an Oscar and said she had 'opened the door for black actresses', and got a 'Well thanks for breaking that door down Halle...' from Whoopi Goldberg!

C

.cage

me? I can't usually get 'em cos my girlfriends vegetarian

S

Scouse

Didn't check my spelling L - furry muff :)

And ECA:

Scouse is just a bit sexist aint he.

Why is that then?

Are you so politically correct that you can't admit to differences between the sexes?

Men tend to be bigger/stronger/faster etc.

Women tend to be smaller/more dextrous etc...

Evolution has made us this way. What's sexist about that?

If women were as physically capable at the things that men are capable of then they'd be playing all the same sports alongside them and attracted to all the same jobs.

The same holds the other way round. The hi-tec electronics industry is rammed full of women on the production lines because men fuck things up because they're simply not dextrous enough.

Just because you're one of the daily-mail reading politically-correct fuckwitt brigade doesn't mean you should go round branding people "sexist" simply because you don't want to/can't enter into a rational debate on this.

O

old.[MPZ]Padwah

The problem is that suspension of disbelief only goes so far, whilst the 'female' terminator might actually be a robot she is taking on the form of a rather lithe woman, as such it could be dificult for people to believe that she could actually kick Arnies backside from here to timbucktoo due to the diference in perceived power.

Anyway, I read the daily mail and Arnie would kick that girls arse :)

Users who are viewing this thread