Template Database

collegien

Can't get enough of FH
great idea m8i ... hope you get plenty of input from players around the world :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Brilliant idea and effort! :cheers:

This isn't meant to be offensive, but you could do with improving the graphical qualities of the site. A bit of pinache wouldn't go amiss! Maybe start with Verdana or Arial, decrease the size a little and have white-on-black, just an idea :)

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Brilliant idea and effort! :cheers:

This isn't meant to be offensive, but you could do with improving the graphical qualities of the site. A bit of pinache wouldn't go amiss! Maybe start with Verdana or Arial, decrease the size a little and have white-on-black, just an idea :)
heh yea i was planning to improve the graphics. I give functionality the priority, the php and html need some cleaning aswell, there are some HTML Standards not fullfiled etc but i will take care of that later, i using a stylesheet wich is empty at the moment so changing fonts etc shouldnt be to hard :)
Personaly i like to have light websites, they look more professional than dark sites but that's my opinion.

here is anoter thingy i made, graphics and html standards sorted :)
http://www.innersphere.be/

Thanks for the input though

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
also a tip ..

make a "spec" line .. so you can see if its a bodysorc, thrustmerc, 2h pally, and such..

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Really the best thing would be for it to read the outputted XML files from standard SC calcs and fill all the stats in automatically.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Really the best thing would be for it to read the outputted XML files from standard SC calcs and fill all the stats in automatically.
allready have that on my todo list, thanks for the input.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Recorded on todo list. Thanks for the input.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
Recorded on todo list. Thanks for the input.

Great.

To be honest with you, I haven't submitted any of my mass of templates simply because it's an arse to fill all the stats in manually. Automatically reading the XML would be superb!

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
few ideas:

- make it so that you can see stat caps of the template w/o viewing the whole template, maybe in form dex 106/101, int 123/99 etc

- make it so that you can see the artifacts of the template w/o viewing the whole template

- add a possibility to copy a template from a certain class to another (eldritch -> enchater etc) that you wouldn't need to redo/repost the whole template again if you want add it to other class

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eSo said:
few ideas:

- make it so that you can see stat caps of the template w/o viewing the whole template, maybe in form dex 106/101, int 123/99 etc

- make it so that you can see the artifacts of the template w/o viewing the whole template
I add these 2 first points to my todo list.
eSo said:
- add a possibility to copy a template from a certain class to another (eldritch -> enchater etc) that you wouldn't need to redo/repost the whole template again if you want add it to other class
You can move the template simply by logging in -> view the template -> click edit and change the class.

Thanks for the input :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
I add these 2 first points to my todo list.

You can move the template simply by logging in -> view the template -> click edit and change the class.

Thanks for the input :)

I think he means;

A sorc template is exactly the same as a cabalist template. He wants a way of distributing it between many different classes instead of being able to edit it from one class to another.

ie, the sorc template should be included under cabby, theurg, wiz too - only difference is the spell line.

One way would be to add a "Generic Alb Caster" class.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I think he means;

A sorc template is exactly the same as a cabalist template. He wants a way of distributing it between many different classes instead of being able to edit it from one class to another.

ie, the sorc template should be included under cabby, theurg, wiz too - only difference is the spell line.

Aha good point, i add it on the list :)

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
I think he means;

yep that's what i meant, thx for clearing it out.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
The xml parser is inserted.
You are now able to upload the xml file, the script will fill in stats and bonuses etc.
All you need to do then is paste the configuration report and pick server type, class, release etc...
LOKI users need to export kort template.

Let the massive posting begin ;)

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Dont't forget to click the adds or do a search on my webby using the google bar.
Hosting = Money and my bandwidh is near the cap atm so i could use the clicks ;)

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
A sorc template is exactly the same as a cabalist template.

not quite.

cabby's need +10/11 body and sorc's ~don't

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Kaaaaa..! - *Ninjabumb* This should be kept alive if you ask me, keep submitting :D Just submitted my theurgist template!

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
A suggestion - make people unable to rate their own templates, and make them unable to rate templates more than once. Or you could rate your own template into oblivion :p

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Equador said:
A suggestion - make people unable to rate their own templates, and make them unable to rate templates more than once. Or you could rate your own template into oblivion :p
Good point, the 1vote per session was a temporary solution tbh :)

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Deadnala said:
Good point, the 1vote per session was a temporary solution tbh :)

You should clear all votes for a starter. I see alot of sucky template in the top10 which doesnt deserve to be there. Obviously someone has abused the temporarry voting system.

You should then at same time implant so only users who are logged in can vote. This vote people cast is saved in your database that userid 41 voted on template 322 etc. This way people cant clear cookies/login from another computer and vote on same template.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Here is a good suggestion for you:

Create a PayPal account, put a mini "donate" button on the site. Remove all adverts, and you'll get people donating I'm sure. I'd personally give money to help you keep it spam/ad-free.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Here is a good suggestion for you:

Create a PayPal account, put a mini "donate" button on the site. Remove all adverts, and you'll get people donating I'm sure. I'd personally give money to help you keep it spam/ad-free.
i can make it so that people who donate dont get the ads anymore.
Thanks for the remark :)

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
I've scanned through and couldn't see this...

It doesn't display in Firefox very well at all, but thats the joy of writing webpages I'm afraid.

Lovely job!

Tilda

TeaSpoon said:
I've scanned through and couldn't see this...

It doesn't display in Firefox very well at all, but thats the joy of writing webpages I'm afraid.

Lovely job!
Works fine for me!

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
as i use firefow myself, the page works best in firefox, i allso check in ms-ie to se how it looks, i think in both versions everything works fine.
You need a resolution of 1280 width though ortherwise it looks bad.
I dont think there are people on lower resolutions though :)

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
At the moment there is a big "classic server" templates request.
So if you got any classics go post em, you can submit xml files now btw

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom