Template Database

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
fantastic idea, you should maybe rank them by overall utility because there will end being a lot of templates posted on there, or even rating system, "rate this template"
There is allready a rating system, i need to tweak it alitle but its there :).
Thanks for your input :)

Tilda

Awesome plan,
I'd suggest expanding the template catagory to include a DR option there or something, as that would get it wider US usage.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
Awesome plan,
I'd suggest expanding the template catagory to include a DR option there or something, as that would get it wider US usage.
There is allready a "DAOC release" label added, all templates posted now will get the release flag. users who already posted a template can now edit there templates to add the flag.
Thanks for your input :)

Moberg

Loyal Freddie
Would be nice if you could "hide" a template. Lots of crappy templates gonna be posted and so you wont have to browse through them all you simply hide the ones you dont wanna see.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Moberg said:
Would be nice if you could "hide" a template. Lots of crappy templates gonna be posted and so you wont have to browse through them all you simply hide the ones you dont wanna see.
Good idea, i will as a blacklist and a hotlist in a user's area.
Thanks for your input ;)

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
hi, its a great idea and i hope a lot of ppl will use it. tho i noticed a few things.

1.) make ppl able to edit their temps when they posted 1, i made a mistake and i cant help it now.

2.) make a classic server catagory if u can, just classic/si/cata's wont do

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Knolan said:
hi, its a great idea and i hope a lot of ppl will use it. tho i noticed a few things.

1.) make ppl able to edit their temps when they posted 1, i made a mistake and i cant help it now.

2.) make a classic server catagory if u can, just classic/si/cata's wont do
You can now edit your templates and posts. i will add a "clasic server" option under server type.
Thanks for your input.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
very good idea, i've already posted my template.

since my template is not that good, but its the one i am using and i can afford right now (i'll have one after i get more plats/highr RR), you could make some kind of distintion of templates, basic templates for RVR and Hard/ubber templates that make you in GOD mod in RvR.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Forfid said:
very good idea, i've already posted my template.

since my template is not that good, but its the one i am using and i can afford right now (i'll have one after i get more plats/highr RR), you could make some kind of distintion of templates, basic templates for RVR and Hard/ubber templates that make you in GOD mod in RvR.
Anoter good idea, thanks for your input.

Ridje

Fledgling Freddie
also thid templatin has got rather popular recently why not add a section for that? ;D

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Ridje said:
also thid templatin has got rather popular recently why not add a section for that? ;D
good idea again, ill insert that as template category allso read previous post.
Thanks for your input ;)

Tilda

If you asked people to submit the templates overall utility, given in most SC programs, or something, then people could then sort templates by Utility.
Is it also work having an "armour qual" selector in templates, so people who only want MP armour templates can then easily exclude the 99 qual templates?

Tilda

Tilda

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Deadnala again. :(

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
template database already at camelot vault, but still nice work there. will post my best templates when i have the time.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If you asked people to submit the templates overall utility, given in most SC programs, or something, then people could then sort templates by Utility.
Is it also work having an "armour qual" selector in templates, so people who only want MP armour templates can then easily exclude the 99 qual templates?

Tilda
i will add this idea on my todo list.
Thanks for your input.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
If I'm not mistaken ToA bonuses don't have any utility value though, since utility value is calculated with the same formula as imbue points. This means that templates with many overcaps, but low ToA bonuses will get ranked higher than the ones with fewer overcaps and high ToA bonuses. It should still be a decent guideline though :).

I don't know how SC calculators calculate the utility for a template, but if they just add the utility from every item included, you should make sure that people substract the utility from stats which have no effect (e.g. 26+% resists, 101+ stat etc).

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
afew temps on soth forums if you want to add them

kaionda

Fledgling Freddie
should also try to tell ppl not to post ROG templates. already seen one :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom