Template Advice

O

old.Cordain

You must be joking, melee class's are an absolute joke in pvp.

Ok Ill bite..

Im a TKM/Doctor/Smuggler

I see a person with lets say rancor and graul.

Panic Shot (delay, he cant command hes pets)
Low Blow (knockdown, roughly 8 seconds left in delay so he cant get up)
Health Shot 1 (bleed)
I run next to him and hit Dizzy (he wont get up)
Unarmed Hit 3, Unarmed Hit 3, Unarmed Hit 3.
Target Dead.

Pets start agroing. I eighter burst out or if my Buffs are still up and I feel lucky I start to work on those. Intimidate and Warcry work wonders when handling high HAM mobs. (with enhance D's and Power Boost I have all stats 3-4k. I get mind buffs as often as I can so my mind is around 3k)

I can heal myself every 5 seconds or so for 1500+ with my Stim E's so I can hold my ground for pretty long. The latest melee love from patches gave us Center of Being wich is pretty nice too.

Also TKM/Pistoleer gets insane defence bonuses and with moves like Stopping Shot kiting becomes tricky to the kiter ;)

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by Ebonn

Only melee spec i can think of that would stand a chance of doing ok in PvP is master tka/docter 0430 (or 0340)/ smuggler 0040.

:p

E

Ebonn

btw you should use lowblow then panicshot, keeps them on the floor for a total of about 12-15 seconds. unless your fighting more then one person when yea panicshot first is better if you can get more then one in the aoe.

O

old.Cordain

I do it that way around if the target has no pets.
Theres a tiny chance that the pets are not guarding and last time I checked you cant issue commands while under delay.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by old.Cordain
I do it that way around if the target has no pets.
Theres a tiny chance that the pets are not guarding and last time I checked you cant issue commands while under delay.

Yeah if it does work like that better to do it first, its not such a problem for me since i can run around like a headless chicken :)

N

Nightchill

Originally posted by Ebonn

The ham cost is negliable, maybe it depends on what type of weapon you are holding ( if any ) while you use it.

Of course... VKs have a ridiculous HAM cost. Add that to the already high cost of Warcry (it certainly isn't negligible).

Z

-Ziro-

"7.5. Melee Combat Vs Ranged Combat
Combat in Star Wars™ Galaxies relies heavily on the use of ranged weapons, such as blasters and blaster rifles. However, characters can also use melee weapons, including vibroaxes and swords. Each type of combat has different types of advantages and disadvantages.
The simple fact that you can hit your target from a distance gives ranged combat a significant advantage over melee combat. Also, when fleeing an enemy with a ranged weapon, you can continue to attack. However, those characters using ranged weapons are extremely vulnerable to melee attacks. A character with a vibroaxe will quickly incapacitate a character with a blaster rifle, if he is able to get close. In general, those who use ranged weapons will need to avoid getting too close to enemies wielding melee weapons."

Page 99 of the manual and just a fyi :p

It's no secret, it's all game design :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom