Template Advice

A

adari

Hey der

I was wondering if any1 could help me create a valid template, I'm not sure myself what professions I would like so :f

Firstly, I reckon a master architect & armorsmith & merchant will be a great money maker and fun businessman, right? Or is that complete bullshit ? :f

Secondly, as a CH, will master bio & master Ch be a good combination? I mean, exploring areas to collect samples of mobs, combining them, genetically manipulating them, fuckign aroudn templates to create stronger and better clones and then tamign them sounds really appealing. Will i need some sort of pistol skill or TKA skill to be able to fight stuff in addition to master CH and master bio?

T

Tenko

You must chose the class you will feel most comfortable roleplaying.

T

tris-

you dont need templates, this is not "I R UBER PWN" game. if you think it is, you think it should be or you think it will be when you get master then save your money for another few months of daoc.

A

adari

Ok, so you dont need templates, you just randomly spend your points on lines of professions and hope itll turn out good?

Well, in my case, I'd rather have a final spec to aim for, like Master smuggler/TKA/Pistoleer, etc, I'm merely asking for opinions.

Your opinion however does not make sense and is not related to the questions I asked, it is just a stupid remark made by a 12 year old CS player who thinks to know all and tries to flame others.

I bet you were an alb too.

A mercenary, with 50 parry and 23 shield.

D

darbey

It depends really on how you want to play the game. The joy of the skill system allows u to play one then if you dont like it it reskill and try another route.

My personal choice if its any help as you are expressing an interest in crafting is in droid engineering. It helps significantly to master the artisan line for this. As getting to master DE can take a long time im have also gone through the exploration scout line to allow me to get creature handling skills with helps tremendously to boost my lower combat skills. I also have the pistol line in marksman.
As my other character im going more marksman/brawler/scout orientated with the idea of master speccing in the Teras kasi and rifleman line. This will help me in the PvP arenas as i can defend myself both against ranged and melee. If you go this route its much easier to build up your skills in the marksman line first then concentrate on the unarmed combat its tough as a new brawler with crap gear.

Its really hard to recommend a template if u are not sure how or what you want to play. Once you decide that its alot easier to offer advice.

The main thing is to get away from the DAOC skill system. Always remember you can change your profession and stat points so u willl never be stuck

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by adari

I was wondering if any1 could help me create a valid template
Sure!

I'm not sure myself what professions I would like so :f
Not a good starting point.

Firstly, I reckon a master architect & armorsmith & merchant will be a great money maker and fun businessman, right? Or is that complete bullshit ? :f
Great money maker if you can get in the top of your profession, its a full time job being a crafter, espsically if you want to make loadsa cash. dont try to PvP with that template though.

Secondly, as a CH, will master bio & master Ch be a good combination? I mean, exploring areas to collect samples of mobs, combining them, genetically manipulating them, fuckign aroudn templates to create stronger and better clones and then tamign them sounds really appealing.
It would work, although at the moment there isnt a great range of things you can do with BE.

Will i need some sort of pistol skill or TKA skill to be able to fight stuff in addition to master CH and master bio?
Yes, how much depends on what else you want to do with your char.

Z

-Ziro-

Originally posted by AbPoon
Going Master medic and Master TKA myself :eek:

I hope you mean master doc and master TKA, other wise Id have to recommend you either going up doc tree or stay nov medic and no more than that.

Being nov medic you can use stim Bs which are good, being master medic gives you some better stims and schematics etc but nothing worth the points since you still cant use the good buffs :)

But again, I think you mean doc seeing that master doc and master tka looks like a final template with 18 or so spare skillpts.

Regards

Z

-Ziro-

Besides that I'd recommend master dark jedi knight, maybe throw in some scouting skills :p

U

Uriron

Play the game for a week and see where you spend the point ie where you gain the xp. Fixing your sights on a final "build" may mean you miss out on a part of the game you may enjoy more than the final spec you forced yourself down.

I think that is what Tris was trying to get across, this is not like DAOC where certain combinations of skills make you all powerfull.

Start by getting all the novice skills and experience the game, get groups, do missions, explore, do theme parks, make stuff, sell stuff, harvest stuff, build a house etc.. It all helps to build your character ie none of it is wasted xp but you may discover that you love image design and are an "uber" hairdresser :)

Most importantly you can change whenever you like.

D

Daja

Adari, you can master 3 skills, but not realisticly. I've got novice artisan for some of the constructing and I took novice medic for healing but saw how handy it was [obviously] and have taken it to 0-0-2-2, im going to master tka, have nearly mastered scout [bloody survival 4] and will continue to take CH up a bit, but due to medic and artisan I can't fully master 3 skills.. Just thought I'd let you know because I did the same I set out plan for 3 skills but didn't realise about buying the novices..

T

tris-

Ok, so you dont need templates, you just randomly spend your points on lines of professions and hope itll turn out good?

Well, in my case, I'd rather have a final spec to aim for, like Master smuggler/TKA/Pistoleer, etc, I'm merely asking for opinions.

Your opinion however does not make sense and is not related to the questions I asked, it is just a stupid remark made by a 12 year old CS player who thinks to know all and tries to flame others.

I bet you were an alb too.

A mercenary, with 50 parry and 23 shield.

your the one mouting off kido. for a start ive never played any half life orany mod of it. secondly im telling you yes there is no template, what if u get TKA and u dont like it? you will know what to spec when you play, because you will spec what you use most.

you ask for help then talk like that to people? :rolleyes:

B

Belsameth

go find a character planner, there's plenty out there. :)

D

Daja

"you dont need templates, this is not "I R UBER PWN" game. if you think it is, you think it should be or you think it will be when you get master then save your money for another few months of daoc."

How in any way was that at all helpful, it wasn't. You do indeed sound like a kiddy trying to provoke a fight, he asked for advice and received it, your comment was unneccesary.

Flame free forum please? :eek:

T

tris-

Originally posted by Daja
"you dont need templates, this is not "I R UBER PWN" game. if you think it is, you think it should be or you think it will be when you get master then save your money for another few months of daoc."

How in any way was that at all helpful, it wasn't. You do indeed sound like a kiddy trying to provoke a fight, he asked for advice and received it, your comment was unneccesary.

Flame free forum please? :eek:

why is it unneccesary? do you think this a game where you "pwn" everyone? you think im wrong in saying its not that type of game at all? you do not need templates, in the end you will spec what you play the most, not what someone has said is an ideal way.

D

Daja

It was a pointless comment, the thread was askin for help not your opinion on whether the game is a "pwn" game. If he wants a template thats up to him, hes obviously trying to research for how he may go abouts starting the game thats up to him. I did the same, and I haven't strayed drastically from the template I had made before I had even played the game. If you have nothing useful to say, please ... just don't.

Oh and to your "pwn" game question. The game will be split, you'll see it develop, you'll have the roleplayers, the social peeps, questers,explorers etc and the town fighting factioners etc. If you want it to be a pwn everyone game you can, if you want to sit around in a cantina and buy drinks with your roleplaying mates you can. Thats the freedom with this game, if anyone heres played uo you will see the similarities, you can pvp ["pwn"?], roleplay, setup yer own business empire etc etc.

Anyway going totally offtopic. I suggest you get a clue tris-, thats the nicest I can put it..

O

old.D0LLySh33p

Nice thing about SWG = you don't have to worry about silly eejits wanting to kill you 'cos you can just stay neutral :D

(this is vaguely related to Daja's comment)

(also I would like to point out Danga is sexeh)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Another character builder:

http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb.php

I use this one and Allakhazam's. Allakhazams has more info if you follow the links but this one gives it up from on the tooltips (and you don't have to click on every box).

N

Nightchill

Unlike a lot of people, I didn't really have any trouble with the Unarmed "grind" to get to TKA Novice. Once you hit TKA though jesus, the difference is enormous :) Probably go TKA/CH.

Remember to get your Exploration up to 4 Poon; it's essential that you have the best Burst run you can to chase down the kiting people who have that silly thing called "range" on their weapons ;)

D

Daja

hehe lunge (20m a tad unrealistic but it would we'd have no chance otehrwise) gets the kiters i save burst for running away :) couple of fights ive been in has been range battles, ended up runnin across the fire to get to a load of kneeling rebels, take someone out n burst away.

A

-adz-

Go CH :)

My pet gurreck has almost fully grown awwww

I started off mastering scout, and have almost mastered marksman. About to get 1-1-1-3 in CH and i shall master CH next.

All personal choice i guess, but i think mastering marksman and scout at some point helps unlock the majority of elite professions, the other basics dont need full mastering to advance (well except for doctor)

E

Ebonn

hehe lunge (20m a tad unrealistic but it would we'd have no chance otehrwise)

Warcry is very effective, its a poor mans panicshot.

But melee class's are still dead when anyone who knows what hes doing pulls a gun on you.

D

Daja

can say the same for any meleer who knows what hes doin is gonna kill someone with a gun :]

warcry is a bit dodgy :]

E

Ebonn

can say the same for any meleer who knows what hes doin is gonna kill someone with a gun :]

warcry is a bit dodgy :]

You must be joking, melee class's are an absolute joke in pvp.

Whats dodgy about warcry ? one of the most useful skills a brawler gets..

D

Daja

a joke? then someone is playing that class wrong. You can't try runnin down players in an open area ...

Its dodgy cos of the ham costs n whether it actually works or not. Doesn't always last that long even when it does, thats my experience with it.

T

tris-

Anyway going totally offtopic. I suggest you get a clue tris-, thats the nicest I can put it..

i do have a clue, there is no way in this game you can be shit. in the end you will spec what you are playing the most. that was my advice, looks like you never got it.

D

Daja

As in life, theres many way you can be, shit. You can be shit in many ways in this game. Failure at selling your wares, at progession in any skills, in pvp, anything.

Soon to be swg? So you don't even play it? Doesn't sound like you do..

D

Daja

oh and, spec what you are playing the most? That doesn't even make sense.. you would of had to have spec'd it first to be able to play it :S = planning before hand.

That wasn't advice the way you put it, it was confrontational and it read as if you were telling him how the game is, not that you know clearly.

Collect your thoughts before posting in future :]

E

Ebonn

a joke? then someone is playing that class wrong. You can't try runnin down players in an open area ...

Its dodgy cos of the ham costs n whether it actually works or not. Doesn't always last that long even when it does, thats my experience with it.

Well sure, you can stand just inside a building entrance all day and hope a member of the opposite faction walks by, like it or not the majority of the game is very open area.

The ham cost is negliable, maybe it depends on what type of weapon you are holding ( if any ) while you use it.
It always lasts 10 seconds if it sticks, theres no resistance etc.. if it hits it deleys for 10 secs, fact.
Its also an AOE attack with a 90* cone and 20m range, spin attacks and warcry are funny :)

Only melee spec i can think of that would stand a chance of doing ok in PvP is master tka/docter 0430 (or 0340)/ smuggler 0040.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom