Teh Seel Asks About Computer Behavior.

O

old.Tohtori

Also known as the very popular TSAACB-Document. This time i wanted to know what your computer behavior is like. It's somewhat of an interactive Seel rant. Go figure and become a tiny model for Warhammer 40k.

Here goes:

1. What is the first program you open?

2. What is the first IRC-channel/interweb page you visit?

3. Do you use alt+tab to change programs/windows?

4. Do you use the scroll on the mouse to browse a page?

5. How long do you spend on a computer if you don't have anything to do with it? In other words, do you sit by the computer without actually doing anything, just thinking if you should do something?

6. Do you try and get as comfortable and solid as possible by your computer or do you lean towards the monitor at the edge of your seat for some odd reason?

7. How much do you estimate you use on computer games?

8. And how much on interweb surfing?

9. How about IRC chitchat time?

10. Why do you think that number 10 question always seems to be totally off-topic?

11. Do you often start programs, shut them down and start them up again when they could very well be on the background?

12. Finally, to keep this short, why do you think you own a computer? In simple terms.

There ya go, fill it out and mail it to the goverment if you like. Then again you can just reply to the thread and get a nice add to your postcount. Have fun!

O

old.Tohtori

Forgot to answer them myself. Oopsie.

WHL- A workhour calendar thingy.

Barry fosizzle!

Yes. Quite a lot, think my tab's as worn out as my grandaddys underwear and he's been dead since thenbackwhen.

Yup. Quite handy.

5. How long do you spend on a computer if you don't have anything to do with it? In other words, do you sit by the computer without actually doing anything, just thinking if you should do something?
Sometimes hours. Just cause there's nothing to do doesn't mean you can't do nothing.

6. Do you try and get as comfortable and solid as possible by your computer or do you lean towards the monitor at the edge of your seat for some odd reason?
Living on the edge...love in an elevator. You get it.

These days? Zero/day. No time, gotta huzzle work.

Too long. Around 2h a day + barry always open.

Not as much as i used to, when i wasn't working i was there almost 10h a day.

10. Why do you think that number 10 question always seems to be totally off-topic?
Because there's no reason for it not to be.

11. Do you often start programs, shut them down and start them up again when they could very well be on the background?
YUp. Quite annoying i might add. Open photoshop, do something, close it and start up again. I'm fighting the urge as we speak.

12. Finally, to keep this short, why do you think you own a computer? In simple terms.
Because of the time fluxuations on Entrana 5 and because the paper said it's sunny tomorrow.

M

mirieth

1. What is the first program you open? Internet Explorer or Winamp (depending on if I have music playing on the stereo already or not :p)

2. What is the first IRC-channel/interweb page you visit? #team99

3. Do you use alt+tab to change programs/windows? yes

4. Do you use the scroll on the mouse to browse a page? yes

5. How long do you spend on a computer if you don't have anything to do with it? In other words, do you sit by the computer without actually doing anything, just thinking if you should do something? I don't

6. Do you try and get as comfortable and solid as possible by your computer or do you lean towards the monitor at the edge of your seat for some odd reason? Bit of both, depending on what I'm doing.

7. How much do you estimate you use on computer games? I'm guessing this time, so about >8 hours a day at the moment, being on holiday and all. Varies a lot though if I'm going out or whatever.

8. And how much on interweb surfing? Couple of hours a day maybe.

9. How about IRC chitchat time? Inter-sparsed with playing games, a few hours per day.

10. Why do you think that number 10 question always seems to be totally off-topic? Because it's 31337.

11. Do you often start programs, shut them down and start them up again when they could very well be on the background? No ;o.

12. Finally, to keep this short, why do you think you own a computer? In simple terms. Because I enjoy playing computer games and I use it to do a lot of school work and to download music :).

S

Serbitar

Lotus notes, Hotmail, ATS Admin, ACT!, SerioClient, Rigante Forums, BW Forums (handy thing start up folder) - Winamp at home

one of the above in start up folder

Oh yes !

Damn right... or if i cba using mouse pg up & pg dn

8 hours - or however long left till i leave work

comfort all the way <embodiment of laziness>

not much atm - due to work and rl

most of time in work

none - dont like IRC

its a tradition or an old charter or something

nope - See laziness note above

cos if i didnt i would go mad

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Also known as the very popular TSAACB-Document. This time i wanted to know what your computer behavior is like. It's somewhat of an interactive Seel rant. Go figure and become a tiny model for Warhammer 40k.

Here goes:

[never turn off my computer, IRC+Winamp is always running, so is my FTP server, upon occational reboot, the same programs start op automaticly]

[#n42 on IRCnet]

[defenetly, that and multiple desktops (using litestep)]

[yes]

[quite often, but not for long stretches o time, usually end up chatting on IRC or playong daoc]

[comfy :)]

[time or cash? time loads, cash... well I own daoc, SI, and Hitman2]

[5 forums and 6 webcomics]

[always on]

[this is a seelish style question sheet after all]

[only by accident, or if I think I´m done, and I aren´t, e.g Photoshop]

[I don´t have a life :p]

There ya go, fill it out and mail it to the goverment if you like. Then again you can just reply to the thread and get a nice add to your postcount. Have fun!

M

mirieth

I've always been curious, what actually the benefit(s) of using multiple desktops is/are?

O

old.tRoG

You get to see more naked chixx0rz wallpapers?

O

old.Tyraette

<has mailed his off to the government with an sae as well>

<will post Tony Blairs answers on his behalf when I get them>

<estimate that crime rate will have gone down 'officially', three world wars will have occured against the koreans, welsh, and unclesick, and two jags will have given a glasgee keess to some reporter in the intervening time>

T

tris-

[internet explorer]

[www.i-am-bored.com

[no]

[yes]

[no]

[comfortable]

[zero at the mo]

[many hours a day]

[none]

[running out of ideas]

[yes]

[cos i want one]

T

Trahg

It depends on where I am. At home (56k) usually a random game. At my friends (0,5M) I usually start up exploder and surf around a bit. At work (10M) also explorer.

IRC... bah :p. Camelot Herald -> Camelot Europe -> My mail (this would have been first if it weren't for the login-proceedure :p)

Seldom, only when i got no other choice. :p

I'm totally random when i scroll around

Whatever feels right for the moment. If the fights get to intense i usually lean forward.

As often I can. But if not taking my work into account i use it to game about 70-80% of the time.

At work 5-10%. At my own about 15-20%

0.1% (I'm not going there by free will :p)

Nerf Cheese.

Yepp... I don't like when the taskbar get scroll-buttons (yes, it usually happends to me) ;p

Well, gee, maybe because i bought it? :p
Seriously, I needed it for my education. Can't develop programs if you got no comp. ;)

H

heilel

Internet Explorer.

My web based mail account.

Yes.

Yes.

I don't sit at my Pc doing nothing unless I'm running windows update, but even then I have a book to read while I'm waiting.

I sit comfortably, I have a nice adjustable chair for this.

7. How much (time?) do you estimate you use on computer games?
I spend all night Wednesday nights and all Sauurday Evenings until the early hours of the morning.
Apart from that, maybe 30 mins a night.

Well, I mostly play DAoC, so I surf at the same time.
But only about a 1/4 of my time is spent purely surfing.

Fish.

I generally shut them down, as I don't wanna waste system resources when I'm playing DAOc.
The exception to this is IE.

Email, Games, MSN Messenger, I also work from home at times.

T

Testin da Cable

tdc helps!

Here goes:

Work - PuTTY / Home - PuTTY

Work - http: dept's news page, irc: nope
Home - http: BAZZAWURLD!!, irc: sometimes #wij on quakenet

yes

yes

Work: ooh, I'd say about a third of my working day.
Home: my computer and my girlfriend have stolen my life

comfortable and solid dude

time? average an hour per day I guess

4~5 hours per day

<1 hour per week

because 10 is a silly number!1

sometimes. I'm a "damn, I forgot this-or-that little detail must fix now" kind of person. think I'm done, shut down proggy, remember something, restart. repeat.

I own a computer -now- because I've evolved into a geek. I originally got a computer (long ago) because my best mate had one

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by mirieth
I've always been curious, what actually the benefit(s) of using multiple desktops is/are?

when I use PS I have it on a desk for itself as it´s faster to change desktops (hold 2 keys at same time) than moving the mouse cursor and minimize the program.

also when editing html e.g. one desktop for the page view, one desktop for the source file. (and always a primiary desktop with winamp+irc+random browsning

O

old.tRoG

You lier! It's just so you can look at more naxed chixx0r wallpapers :(

M

mirieth

Seems a little overly complex to me :p. Then again, I'm most likely just a lazy f00k0r :cool:.

M

mirieth

Good point!

We all know about your secret 'collection' Addlcove. Kwypt h4xx3d your computer and found 'it' :uhoh:.

O

old.tRoG

How exactly did you get those pictures of Bels?

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by old.tRoG
How exactly did you get those pictures of Bels?

<I Used my "secret staff of persuading cute girls to give out pictures"> :)

B

Belsameth

he caught me by surprise really.
I was so busy laughing at the size of his staff, that he could sneak off with the pics before I could get my claws on him :p

O

old.tRoG

Oh, Bels, you do realise that Krypt now has pr3vvy pictars of you?

A

Addlcove

Oh, Bels, you do realise that Krypt now has pr3vvy pictars of you?

I very much doubt that, those pictures are firmly secured on my disk, and I can quarantee that krypt hsan´t been on my computer ;)

O

old.tRoG

Krypt is Bels' secret alter ego.

Well, not so secret after all.

A

Addlcove

Krypt is Bels' secret alter ego.

Well, not so secret after all.

that wuold of course explain how krypt managed to avoid a ban for so long :p

O

old.tRoG

Oh, don't worry, he'll be back soon.

*Eyes Bels*

M

Munkey-

1. Internet connection. then MSN or mIRC

2. #bwforumites/www.deviantart.com

3. Yes

4. All the time

5. Bout a minute, normally listening to the music and thinking

6. Mixture of both really

7. Spend? Erm, naught. Haven't bought a PC game in 2 years. If you say how much time playing them...then say...about an hour at most a day

8. Anything from 2 to 10 hours

9. Exactly the same :p

10. Primary teachers instill a sense of pride at reaching the number 10, hence why we seem to lose the topic a bit as we glow with pride

11. Only with winamp really.

12. Symbiotic relationship

O

old.tRoG

Damn you Munkey, Damn you and your On-Topicness :(

B

Brinx

I only reboot about once every week or so but generally mIRC/Mozilla outside of auto-startup apps.

BW forums for modding, DeviantART for wandering around.

Yup.

Constantly.

I tend to open a lot of tabs/windows and totally forget what I was supposed to be doing. Depends if you count listening to mp3s as doing something I suppose :)

Various. I fidget.

Very little these days.

Throughout the day.

As above, I multitasking as best a man can.

Because you like to annoy us.

Depends on the resources they use.

My little portal into a world that's more interesting than a lot of the one outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom