Teh Pain!

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Sping
He he!

I always found that a loooooong soak in a nice hot bath did the trick for me. :D

I find Yoga more fulfilling though and it keeps me toned and flexible. I'm a girl I don't want big huge muscles though (yuck geezer-birds) so I guess I would. :p

Don't see many men at yoga... I don't see why not, muscles aren't everything and it keeps you really fit and with an awesome sense of well-being after.

:)
Hmm, I always thought a geezer-bird was more of a drinking, yob girl, rather than a muscular one.

E

Ekydus

I just got a really bad mental image of some woman in a white nike baseball hat saying "Yarrrriiiight"... :/

You could add a smokers cough into it if you wanted, just to make you feel sick...

O

old.LandShark

Yahuh. A female yobbo, basically.

Blasted commoners.

S

Sping

I guess it could go either way. :)

Just picture a woman with no boobs, just pecs, vains bulging out of her temples and the worst fake tan ever. That's my definition of a 'geezer-bird'! :p

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by kinag
Haven't done sit-ups in a long time, so have no idea. I guess about 50 ^^ as I said, don't remember..

i do 160 sit-ups a day

O

old.LandShark

I guess it could go either way. :)

Just picture a woman with no boobs, just pecs, vains bulging out of her temples and the worst fake tan ever. That's my definition of a 'geezer-bird'! :p
Sounds like my old english teacher crossed with a female weightlifter. It's hellish, I'll grant you, but I think it has to be illiterate and have at least 2 children (minimum child-parent age difference: 12 years ^^) to be a geezer-bird ;)

S

Sping

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Sounds like my old english teacher crossed with a female weightlifter. It's hellish, I'll grant you, but I think it has to be illiterate and have at least 2 children (minimum child-parent age difference: 12 years ^^) to be a geezer-bird ;)

Oh oh!

Don't forget the cockney accent and the 'fag' hanging out of her mouth! :p

O

old.LandShark

Final test: does she consider being given a bottle of Lambrini the height of romance?

Actually, I get this impression more from my irritating townie roommate than past experience of geezahburds.

S

Sping

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Final test: does she consider being given a bottle of Lambrini the height of romance?

Actually, I get this impression more from my irritating townie roommate than past experience of geezahburds.

Yea! Haha! :D

So we have a Pint swigging, fag smoking, Adidas tracksuit wearing, foul mouthed, cockney weightlifter with a tendancy to slap her husband (a builder, of course) and beat her children in supermarkets?

Sounds like SO many of my old school friends!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :puke:

K

kinag

Originally posted by Jiggs
i do 160 sit-ups a day

But, but you are an acrobatic friar :(

:p

Seriously, you know that sit-ups damages your back? I know people say its very good etc. but the truth is, that when you have seen some x-ray pictures of people's backs when they have done sit-ups everyday, ten years, you wouldnt want to do it again :(
It's pretty nasty to look at that spine of theirs..

A

Ardrias_Mid

Just eat crisps and drink beer. Die fat and smiling.

M

Munkey-

Yea! Haha! :D

So we have a Pint swigging, fag smoking, Adidas tracksuit wearing, foul mouthed, cockney weightlifter with a tendancy to slap her husband (a builder, of course) and beat her children in supermarkets?

Sounds like SO many of my old school friends!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :puke:

We just call them Trumpers :p

L

legot

Originally posted by kinag

Seriously, you know that sit-ups damages your back? I know people say its very good etc. but the truth is, that when you have seen some x-ray pictures of people's backs when they have done sit-ups everyday, ten years, you wouldnt want to do it again :(
It's pretty nasty to look at that spine of theirs..

I can imagine situps being damaging if done on their own but that does't mean they are always damaging.
i do alo of running which means i need to do situps or else i get a sore back,the situps balance the musceles in my back and stomach.

Originally posted by Nightchill
iirc, New Scientist ran an article about a year back saying that Warm-Ups didn't actually help. A study by the Australian army showed more people got injured in the warm-ups than it prevented so, afaik, the Australian army doesn't warm-up anymore, just warms-down.

/me shrugs

Maybe warmups are'nt too important in Australia were it is usally pretty warm so the musceles in turn start pretty warm,if i don't warm up before sprints (its usally cold here) i almost always pull some muscele when i start as cold musceles strech alot less..

...but then again i could be wrong

E

Ekydus

LOL dude, don't take things so literally. "Warm-ups" don't actually mean getting heat to your muscles... :p

L

legot

Originally posted by Ekydus
LOL dude, don't take things so literally. "Warm-ups" don't actually mean getting heat to your muscles... :p

As far as i'm concerned warm-ups means warming up the muscles and stretching them so there is less of a chance of injury and get the heart rate up a bit which will inevitably get you warmer..

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Jiggs
i do 160 sit-ups a day

HAH! PUNY HUMAN!

I DO 161 EACH DAY!!

MY WORKOUT-PENIS IS BIGGERR!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111

K

kinag

Originally posted by Arnor
HAH! PUNY HUMAN!

I DO 161 EACH DAY!!