Teh Pain!

K

kinag

The gym kills you, was lifting weights yesterday at the gym, started ever day a week now and I woke up today, such pain..

Anyone got any ideas about how to make the pain in my arms go away? :p

K

khaldhor

Yup, Stop going to the gym :p

(couldnt resist sowwy ;))

N

Nightchill

that Deepheat stuff is pretty good, used by ninjas throughout the world (probably).

O

old.Tohtori

First off. Streeeeeeeeetch! Always. Plenty.

Second. Don't freking overkill it. Go twice a week for two weeks. Three times a week for three weeks. Four times a week for a month and -then- go for the full custo.

Third, and this is by far the most important thing, stop doing sports of some sort you freak of nature! :D

K

kinag

hehe, it's nice going to the gym actually, feel very good afterwords..
And it's kinda fun, and I do wan't to impress Bels ofc.

:rolleyes:

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by kinag
and I do wan't to impress Bels ofc.

having a fit body wont get you bels attention for more than 5 minutes at most...

being a goth having a fit body might though

A

Ardrias_Mid

Just dont shower after you've worked out, and you'll reach "goth" stage in no time at all :eek:

T

Tom

The gym kills you, was lifting weights yesterday at the gym, started ever day a week now and I woke up today, such pain..

The pain in your muscles is a sign that you're doing things right. Make sure you do a stretching routine before you lift the weights, or you might suffer a sprain.

I always liked that muscle pain, made me feel good. Eat lots and lots of protein (meat and fish mainly), and you will build muscle and burn fat like nothing on earth.

N

Nightchill

iirc, New Scientist ran an article about a year back saying that Warm-Ups didn't actually help. A study by the Australian army showed more people got injured in the warm-ups than it prevented so, afaik, the Australian army doesn't warm-up anymore, just warms-down.

/me shrugs

O

old.tRoG

Drink water, puppies. Dehydration is not nice.

S

Sping

He he!

I always found that a loooooong soak in a nice hot bath did the trick for me. :D

I find Yoga more fulfilling though and it keeps me toned and flexible. I'm a girl I don't want big huge muscles though (yuck geezer-birds) so I guess I would. :p

Don't see many men at yoga... I don't see why not, muscles aren't everything and it keeps you really fit and with an awesome sense of well-being after.

:)

O

old.Tohtori

I do things "natural" way. In a sense.

I don't exersizzle. I walk where i need to walk. Use public transport. And so forth...eath what i like. It keeps my body in the shape it needs to be for my daily routines.

Why should i buf up when i'm killing greens? :p

K

kinag

Originally posted by Addlcove
having a fit body wont get you bels attention for more than 5 minutes at most...

being a goth having a fit body might though

Define goth? I listen to black metal, dress fairly black, only thing I don't do is PAINT my face :p

Oh, and I got this wicked obsession with black crosses which is turned down..

[EDIT] I can say that I actually don't feel goth, though i'm rather a goth than a satanic :(

O

old.tRoG

Goths are so passé. Geeths are the way of the future.

C

Cyradix

Anyway....

Like Teh Seel said : don't overdo it. I started going about 2 months ago, 2 times week. I can already see a difference in muscle mass.

And try to think of the pain as a good thing. Building muscles is actually just tearing them and letting them heal again over and over and over :)

J

Jonaldo

Just stick to 2 times a week. More reps with lower weights is better than a few lifts of heavy stuff.

Warm ups do work, although not a lot for weight lifting as such, it's mainly for athletic sports.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Do the same thing again, seriously it works.

G

Graknak

indeed first month (if you haven't been doing anything for at least 6 months) only once a week 1 houris good enough, never overdo it or you might find yourself in a worse position then before doing anything. After that first month twice a week for a month etc. just make sure you have guidance for the first few weeks to make sure you know what yer doing. And indeed make sure you always do some "cooling down" (the opposite of a warming up) exercises.

But tbh if yer going for the full works, yer better of doing a cardio training course before doing any muscle building.

S

Serbitar

exercise is bad m'kay

laziness and apathy are the keys to enlightenment

K

kinag

Re: Re: Teh Pain!

Originally posted by old.Gombur Glodson
Do the same thing again, seriously it works.

I'm not kidding when I say it did work :p don't hurt so much now, but it will all be bad tomorrow again :p

A

Arnor

train

it actually works, do some light training if your hurting from training.

K

kinag

Originally posted by Jiggs
how many sit-up can you do?

Haven't done sit-ups in a long time, so have no idea. I guess about 50 ^^ as I said, don't remember..

Users who are viewing this thread