tee hee

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
heh, I read this yesterday.l :D Funny as hell.

I like how obsessed they are with our dental health. :p

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I like the ones that write all in caps, I also like the way the Guardian chose not to fix it. I mean how can you take someone who writes with caps lock on seriously?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Real Americans aren't interested in your pansy-ass, tea-sipping opinions. If you want to save the world, begin with your own worthless corner of it.

this man has a point. We really should look at our own country and the twat we have in power before casting aspertions on other nations. I hope this backfires and all the undecided people in Ohio vote for Bush and he wins by a landslide.

Nothing would make me laugh more.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
It's a name for the British. It originated from British sailors eating limes to prevent scurvy.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why would anyone even read The Guardian ?

Three cheers for the yanks for telling interfereing no-life radical conscience mini-cocked twattos where to get off imo :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
You radical leftwingers are worse than the Taliban. I suggest you stand back and take a good hard look at yourselves.
I sincerely doubt most Springfielders are going to be influenced by letters from a country they probably can't even point to on a map.

at least they're well balanced :)

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
What on earth posessed anyone to do this?
We look almost as stupid as they do, plus 900% more arrogant.

Tilda

Some is funny, some makes me sad. I had a long reply typed, but then it vanished :(

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Amusing. But, in some horrible way, embarrasing. I sincerley hope the Guardian were being ironic when they thought this one up.....

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Remember, if it wasn't for America, we'd all be speaking German. :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Actually, Germany would not have forced its language upon its conquered populace. :)

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
tRoG said:
Remember, if it wasn't for America, we'd all be speaking German. :p
Such a fallacy tbh. If it wasn't for us, no-one would be speaking English. (/me points out the obvious)

Clown

Part of the furniture
If it wasn't for the Germans, nobody would be speaking English either. How far back can we go?

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
And without England to launch its troops from, America would've had a hard time fighting the Germans. They would've had to sit and wait while the Nazis became more and more powerful in Europe. It works both ways, we supported eachother equally in WWII.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I love some of the typical responses on there with the "American is better than you" attitude, nice going. :p

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Actually, Germany would not have forced its language upon its conquered populace. :)
Jonaldo said:
Such a fallacy tbh. If it wasn't for us, no-one would be speaking English. (/me points out the obvious)
Clown said:
If it wasn't for the Germans, nobody would be speaking English either. How far back can we go?
Dillinja said:
And without England to launch its troops from, America would've had a hard time fighting the Germans. They would've had to sit and wait while the Nazis became more and more powerful in Europe. It works both ways, we supported eachother equally in WWII.

Tell that to the Americans :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That there Guardian website said:
Consider this: stay out of American electoral politics. Unless you would like a company of US Navy Seals blahblahblah

The SBS/SAS eat Navy Seals testes for brunch tbh.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Just for the record, there were more British troops than American in the field in WW2 right up until VE day. Fact. Bear in mind ours were spread over a very wide area.
Even allowing for that, on D-Day the amounts of troops were very similar.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The annoying thing about the internet is that it gives a voice to everyone. That includes total utter retards who say shit like if it weren't for America blah blah blah. It really warps ones view of the states, you could be forgiven for believing that a large majority of them is like this. However as far as I know, that's a crock of shite - Americans on the whole are decent intelligent fairly liberal people. Their media is just far far more biased, I think it's probably tough to know what the fuck is going on without taking time and effort to find out - as such a lot of decent people vote Republicans without realising that they are all the spawn of satan.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
M8 I post on an Airgun forum, ehich incidently is very big and well populated, but some of the people who post their are very reminiscent of the types in that USA thing. Its bloody scary tbqh :/

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe in response to the "...we bailed you out in 2 world wars" I should send this:

Charles Higham said:
What would have happened if millions of American and British people, struggling with coupons and lines at the gas stations, had learned that in 1942 Standard Oil of New Jersey [part of the Rockefeller empire] managers shipped the enemy's fuel through neutral Switzerland and that the enemy was shipping Allied fuel? Suppose the public had discovered that the Chase Bank in Nazi-occupied Paris after Pearl Harbor was doing millions of dollars' worth of business with the enemy with the full knowledge of the head office in Manhattan [the Rockefeller family among others?] Or that Ford trucks were being built for the German occupation troops in France with authorization from Dearborn, Michigan? Or that Colonel Sosthenes Behn, the head of the international American telephone conglomerate ITT, flew from New York to Madrid to Berne during the war to help improve Hitler's communications systems and improve the robot bombs that devastated London? Or that ITT built the FockeWulfs that dropped bombs on British and American troops? Or that crucial ball bearings were shipped to Nazi-associated customers in Latin America with the collusion of the vice-chairman of the U.S. War Production Board in partnership with Goering's cousin in Philadelphia when American forces were desperately short of them? Or that such arrangements were known about in Washington and either sanctioned or deliberately ignored?

...I mean Bush's own grandpappy (Prescott) was handling the nazi's money via the Union Banking Corporation (UBC) ffs!!! (whose assets were siezed in 1942)

Yeah, thanks for the help corporate America! You really helped Europe with that one!

To all the young'uns out there, I'd be worried about a war-mongering prez in the US. Who do you think will be fighting the next round of pointless wars? Do you even know what the draft is...? (not the one between your ears)

:eek7:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Paradroid said:
Who do you think will be fighting the next round of pointless wars?

Certainly not me, as far as i'm concerned they can all go fuck themselves because I certainly won't be doing ANY fighting in a completely pointless war for anyone.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Theres nothign pointless about securing the economic future of your country by controlling the world's oil market.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Since I can't edit, i'd like to explain why I hold that view.

In all honesty I wouldn't allow myself to be forced to handle an offensive weapon be it a gun or a simple combat knife, I refuse to partake in anything which would result in the death of another person.

If someone wants to join the army/navy/RAF or whatever then they can go do that, I however refuse to partake in any of these particular outfits, mainly because im not a fan of being forced into things, and I dont consider myself a particulary fit person, nor does it concern me to a large extent.

If someone wants to go to a pointless war wth the risk of wasting their life fighting in it, do that if I don't know them, it really doesn't make a difference to me.

I know this view would be considered amazingly selfish but thats how they chose to go, thats their own decision, not mine.

If there was a new war and people were being force drafted into the armed forces to fight in this well, sorry i'd rather oppose it and get myself thrown out than shoot another person dead in it or fuel people to do it.

I despise killings of other people, so i'd much rather be thrown in a prison cell for opposing the government than go out on a battlefield and possibly lose my life or cause an end to another person life.

<rant off>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom