Technation Webby - suggestion

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Guys,

Dont get me wrong - the TN webby is good and I often dawdle in there during quiet times at work (usually from 09:00 - 17:00) :( .

However, one observation - how about moving the roundup information off the main page, replacing it with a link the all the goodies.

In my opinion, the roundup takes up a lot of room on the main page.

Feel free to :flame:

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Laz

Thanks for the suggestion :) I haven't spoken to anyone about this, so I don't know their opinion. I just wanted to say that some changes to TN are coming somewhere down the line, and you will be able to choose:

1. To view news headlines only, with the headline linking to the full story
  2. To view news headlines and a short excerpt from the story, with the headline linking to the full story
  3. To view news headlines and the stories in full (as present)
You'll also be able to apply multiple filters, so you can sort news by date, category, author etc.

Kind Regards

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
As usual, thankyou Jonty....

....can someone help with coming up with a question Jonty cant answer?

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
How about who is the father of all creation (first name and last name no god answers)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
Nah dave lister (for he jump started this universe with jump leads from star bug) :p

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
As Jonty has mentioned, we are looking at ways to improve the roundup so that it doesn't take up so much space, same goes for news items, and our resident 'web guru' Jonty will be implementing such a thing shortly. Isn't he the greatest.

I'll try not to post squillions for the time being, we sometimes tend to get a tad overzealous when it comes to roundups anyway ;)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
As Bym says, we are implementing a lot of changes (although I don't know about 'shortly' at this rate!). If anyone else has any more suggestions, please don't hesitate to put them forward, else forever hold your peace ;)

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. Flattering as FBM's answer is, I'm erring towards 'God' as the answer :)

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Swap the locations of 'Latest News' and 'Columns' in the menu.

News is more important than Columns, so should be placed first, in the closest position to the cursor, when you click the main-heading-menu-bit.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Heh - we've heard that one before ;) I'm guessing that that will be done along with everything else - when Jonty's done being l33t.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
RandomBastard said:
Nah dave lister (for he jump started this universe with jump leads from star bug) :p
No he didn't that's the dispair squid episode so none of that really happens.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks tRog :) As Shovel says, we've heard that one before in our own circles, so to speak. The reasoning behind the order at the moment is simply that it is alphabetical, and (in theory) easier to locate items. However, with the chabnges planned, I wouldn't be surprised to see it change.

If anyone else has any more suggestions, comments etc. feel free to post them :)

Kind Regards

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Finish the A-List :D

There's nothing more irritating than an 'Under Construction' page.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
Finish the A-List :D

There's nothing more irritating than an 'Under Construction' page.
Not guilty :p hehe. It is under construction in the literal sense, in that we have lists circulating of our staff's favourite kit, but sadly it's taking far longer than expected to complete (initially votes for kit, shortlisting, pictures and details of the items need, reasons from our staff why they voted the way they did, special awards logos for the items etc.) Rest assured, however, it will be in the updated site (although, at this rate, when the updated site will ever get released I don't know!)

Kind Regards

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
MYstIC G said:
No he didn't that's the dispair squid episode so none of that really happens.

What? You mean rimmer is actually a twat? Oh ffs youve ruined it all for me now :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom