TCPIP Stack not detected

HGL

Fledgling Freddie
Hello there :)

I installed Avast anti-virus from avast.com which created many problems. First of all the windows firewall got disabled and I lost my internet connection. I tried un-installing avast but it didn't solve my problem. I still cannot turn on the windows firewall and I've tried re-installing blueyonder again, but when I try to install the blueyonder instant support tool it fails a check it performs beforehand stating "TCPIP Stack not detected"

I would ring blueyonder but I'm thinking of doing a full re-install anyway to install office xp, fix my soundcard and get rid of stuff I don't need.

I was just wondering if there was a quick way of getting my internet connection back?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm that's not very nice of that program. You have rebooted a few times I trust? There may still be a service running from the Avast program that is looking at your IP stack, though how to get rid of that I have no idea.

You could also try this (assuming you have XP):
right-click on My Network Places -> Properties.
a window will open called Network Connections, and your network connection should be shown. Right-click that and choose Properties. A window will open called Local Area Connection. There should be a pictogramme of a wire labled Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) there. If it's not, install it through the Install button. If it is you could try deinstalling it and reinstalling it.

Other than that, you're on your own! Good luck!

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Strange, try going to device manager and "uninstalling" your network card, then let it redetect it.

edit: just read TdC's post, you can't actually uninstall TCP/IP from a network card, windows won't allow it (option is greyed out)

TdC

Sheepcow is quite correct, my mistake. His idea of uninstalling the card may be the better option.

I just tested on a firewire interface I have and it didn't work. You can get rid of everything *except* the stack once it's installed.

HGL

Fledgling Freddie
I don't have a network card, not one in use anyway. I receive my internet through a wireless connection. Should I still try anyway?

TdC

yes. windows will call that your network interface.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
If that dont work it maybe your registry is fubared - do a google on netsh and "rebuild tcp/ip stack" - netsh - its an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom