Question tattoo text

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yeah that's the type. It isn't tribal it is just made up random shit that people think makes them look badass, when in fact it looks fucking stupid.

yeah here in the NL they're most often worn by squareheadded iron pumpers in cheap gyms and/or the military. it's not even funny :-/

soze

I am a FH squatter
A girl in work has got a Peter Pan quote on her side it is about a ft square across her ribs. It looks ridiculous and when she is not 22 any more it will look worse. I really really want a tattoo but I can never think of what to get the only think that stick with me is getting "in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti" but I am not sure I am religious enough to get it for the right reason.

gohan

FH is my second home
in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit? in Latin? why..... I assume that's waht it says my latin is pretty poor but I can pick out key words and elaborate the rest

soze

I am a FH squatter
gohan said:
in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit? in Latin? why..... I assume that's waht it says my latin is pretty poor but I can pick out key words and elaborate the rest

Honestly it is the only part of church I take part in. And it just sounds better in Latin. But you asking the questions now means I will be waiting at least 5 years before getting it lol :)

gohan

FH is my second home
Everything sounds better in Latin. But that's no reason to get a tattoo of something your not sure about, what if in 5 years you decide to bin church altogether and you still have this massive religious statement stamped on yourself. Get something that's like a motto that you live by or something that inspires you, from what you've said I don't think that particular tattoo ticks either box, but i may be wrong.

soze

I am a FH squatter
gohan said:
Everything sounds better in Latin. But that's no reason to get a tattoo of something your not sure about, what if in 5 years you decide to bin church altogether and you still have this massive religious statement stamped on yourself. Get something that's like a motto that you live by or something that inspires you, from what you've said I don't think that particular tattoo ticks either box, but i may be wrong.

That is exactly why I don't think I will ever get a tattoo. Nothing that I wanted 5 years ago would I get now. But the Latin phrase is the only thing that has kept springing to mind. But short of a 7 year type deal I would never get one.

gohan

FH is my second home
My bowel movement is impaired and there is a need to Wij me out.

AHAHAHAHA if that's what you wrote then it is definately better in latin, if this is some google translator chinese whispers then google wins the internet

gohan

FH is my second home
This is my tattoo, Alea Iacta Est mean 'The die is cast' or the dice have been rolled basically. It's what Julius Caesar said when he crossed the rubicon to go to civil war with Pompey and it basically mean the point of no return i.e you've made the choice and thorwn the dice, you can no longer control how they land. Kind of living life with no regrets, can't change what's happened or choices I've made bad or good, can only look foward and make the best of it now.

The tribal behind it is ghosted because I wanted the phrase to be the focal point but I didn't want it to be plain. I can't see it being a tattoo I'll ever regret because it's nor garish and in your face and the meaning will always have value regardless of whaere I am in life.

If you can find a tattoo (or design one) that has that same kind of meaning to your life then I don't think you would ever regret it

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    912.1 KB · Views: 21

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
A girl in work has got a Peter Pan quote on her side it is about a ft square across her ribs. It looks ridiculous and when she is not 22 any more it will look worse. I really really want a tattoo but I can never think of what to get the only think that stick with me is getting "in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti" but I am not sure I am religious enough to get it for the right reason.

better with "Illegitimis non carborundum" if you like latin

gohan

FH is my second home
except that's the literal term for bastards, as in literally illigitimate.... The proper translation in contexts would be don't let the illigitimates grind you down, and even then most of it isn't true latin, and it's all paraphrased.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I want a skull!
( I'd say both correct, maybe they hadn't got room for the second?)

Mey

Part of the furniture
I'll be getting "Vi et armis invictus maneo" at some point.

Family motto and it's bad ass translation; By the force of arms I remain unvanquished.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Also this would have probably looked better for your friend than his shit one, but each to their own.

1109.png

gohan

FH is my second home
Also this would have probably looked better for your friend than his shit one, but each to their own.

1109.png
that's definately gayer, and would not fit well on a forearm

Mey

Part of the furniture
It's a gay quote so deserves to be gayer.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Plus that'd probably look alright on a chicks side.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
nah, it's missing all the moonbeams, sunsets, palms, dolphins, lizards, teddybears, unicorns, random words, sparrows and whatever else girlies tend to have drawn on themselves usually.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's not rocket science, since the dawn of man people have tried various looks to either attach themselves to a group or culture for various personal reasons, most of which are based around basic human traits of acceptance, vanity..etc.
The tattoo is one of the longest running, I just personally feel what ever they think they are buying into these days is about as shallow as a dried up puddle and they pay for that naivety with a fuckin cartoon drawn on their skin that never comes off.
People with tattoos are not badass, the vast majority are actually fashion victims.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What the fuck's with all the love for writing latin all over yourself? Romanis solum barbaris portabat marcas in eorum corpora.

If you're going to paint yourself with dead languages I'd suggest Ogham script would be more appropriate.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
How cool would it be to have a sleeve full with lorum ipsum whaha

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah that's the type. It isn't tribal it is just made up random shit that people think makes them look badass, when in fact it looks fucking stupid.

I thought they were variations on Pacific Island tribal ones. Like the Mauri tattoos which is a very painful process and supposed to be a right of passage. I think they look good on Mauri's not so good on drunken fuckwits from Bristol :). The current tattoo trends with footballers and Lesbians just look shit.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Good tattoo's can be awesome, but there is a marked difference between the tattoo shown here and for example the ones on xtro's arms... However tattoos are also personal what I may find awesome someone else will not.

When I was young I seriously thought about getting one but I didn't as I didn't want them to become distorted when I became old, additionally the process scares the shit out of me ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom