Tatowned

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
No because that is too old, and as for what psychologists think - well that is another discussion. In my experience with people of that age group, the majority of people mature substantially from 18 to 21.

But then again I think 18 is to young to be sent to war. As for the being a parent, that is not a problem with the age of consent, but with the way kids are raised by their parents. A mixture in this country of poor education, the benefits system and poor parenting.

Indeed what psychologists think is a different tail to experience; but it doesn't give you the right to discredit evidence I present.

I agree it is a dodgy issue and it's one that susceptible to debate and opinion but your very-near-patronizing post was especially annoying because what I presented was solid evidence.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue the semantics further. You're entitled to your opinion and me mine.

:cheers:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht you have achieved as much in this life as a rubber duck.

Actually, have achieved more then you so far as you've not yet even started, but, hey, if you feel you need to drag it to that level...

I simply stated a fact that you can't argue life experience things from a POV of life experience as you're in the same "stupid ideas" age group still.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Toht you have achieved as much in this life as a rubber duck.

Go self-own yourself with some more maths.

Chill out guys.

Bugz you will change your views with age, it's natural as you experience more. I'm not trying to be patronising, but it is hard when you take such a defensive attitude whenever anyone insinuates that your age matters.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Chill out guys.

Bugz you will change your views with age, it's natural as you experience more. I'm not trying to be patronising, but it is hard when you take such a defensive attitude whenever anyone insinuates that your age matters.

Indeed but when I'm fighting the experience of a study against the experience of your own, you must understand that my argument holds as much gravity in the debate as yours.

I get the impression you think I sit here and think up stories & situations and throw them into the crowd for scrutiny. That may have been the case a couple of years back but nearly everything I throw out now has relevance, experience and background.

You can argue your experience with me, and I get experience from studies, from other people etc. etc. And in some cases, I can add my own experience to it. In situations such as this, my experience is biased, so I reach to studies. If you can not handle that then IMO, you are not only a poor debater but a poor person.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Clearly 18 year olds are not as mature as 21 year olds, however I don't see that that's evidence that laws need to be changed. People mature through experience, people get experience through doing things, sometimes stupid things. Sometimes very stupid things in the case of this girl. There are always going to be extremes, but most people manage to get through to adulthood without doing anything life-alteringly stupid and making rules based on the minority that don't is a bad idea. In my opinion.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bugz, from your negative rep;

learn to read the thread. cba to argue publically with you - waste of my time.

I was pointing out that with more age, you get more leg to stand on regarding experience.

You blew a casket.

See a problem?

If not, let me lay it out;

You're too short-fused to argue with statistics and studies.

Either control your "FU" gland, or lower the amount of "book knowledge".

And FYI; life experience is called LIFE experience for a reason, you can't study everything.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
As someone who's clearly more mature than the rest of.. well.. the world, I think I should point out that if you talk down to someone in such a way, don't be surprised if they get pissy. You two may not have meant it but the way it came across was "now now, adults talking sonnyjim".

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Indeed but when I'm fighting the experience of a study against the experience of your own, you must understand that my argument holds as much gravity in the debate as yours.

I get the impression you think I sit here and think up stories & situations and throw them into the crowd for scrutiny. That may have been the case a couple of years back but nearly everything I throw out now has relevance, experience and background.

You can argue your experience with me, and I get experience from studies, from other people etc. etc. And in some cases, I can add my own experience to it. In situations such as this, my experience is biased, so I reach to studies. If you can not handle that then IMO, you are not only a poor debater but a poor person.

But you seem to be denying that your views will change, that you will always think as you do now.

No I do not think you dream up stories etc.

I disagree with the studies, based on my own experiences.

nath - Yes, but I still think the country would be in a better place if we recognised people as adults at 21.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
When you say recognised them as adults - what *specifically* does that mean? Alcohol consumption, marriage, sex, joining the army?

I think of all those, the only one I'd go for is the army - it does seem perhaps a tad exploitative that an 18 year old kid can join up and be shipped off to be killed in some miserable war.

Zede

Part of the furniture
The guy I see would have just told her to sod off, for the obvious reprecussions from said family.

besides, i like tatts ( have quite a few, going for a sleeve) & if she came up to me in a club, she would get porked.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not convinced that making the legal drinking age 21 would solve any of the problems one would hope it would. I expect the problems are far more deeply rooted in society and simple fixes won't help and could even exacerbate the problem. That said - I've no idea as I've not done any research on this subject :). Plus I don't really care as I'm over 21 and don't really drink anyway.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
But you seem to be denying that your views will change, that you will always think as you do now.

I don't believe I've said that at all.

Just as a person fond of marriage can completely dislike it after they go through a harrowing divorce, I'm sure my views can and will change if I encounter situations relevant.

But I have had no such encounters yet and my perceptions stay agreed with the most relevent source I agree with. That source is the study I encountered.

My experience is played down by others, but it's my experience. Your experience, in the same way is beneficial to you, but becomes scrutinized by others. The simple fact of the matter is, I judge my own limited experience and the studies I read as more significant than your experience - so I'm inclined to believe said views until something significant enough comes along to impact on my views.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
My experience is played down by others, but it's my experience. Your experience, in the same way is beneficial to you, but becomes scrutinized by others. The simple fact of the matter is, I judge my own limited experience and the studies I read as more significant than your experience - so I'm inclined to believe said views until something significant enough comes along to impact on my views.

Your experience isn't played down in all situations, but you have to agree that it's more viable to listen to someone who is in the 25+ bracket on issues regarding "stupid things done at 18-21" then one who is still in the aformentioned "stupid things done at 18-21" bracket.

nath was right, i could've said it in a more "nice" way, but the point stands.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I think nath's pretty much summed it up in my eyes, experience is the main thing in developing maturity. In my eyes most 18 year olds are still children, and it's not until the early 20s that people start to really mature and develop. They should implement a law that bans anyone from getting a tattoo on their face (especially one as shit as hers) until they win at least one world heavyweight boxing title.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Rarely have i seen a tatoo that I would stick on my bathroom wall, let alone my body.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Raising the age to be allowed to do things from 18 to 21 won't solve anything. 18 year olds may be inexperienced, but it's only through giving them freedom that they can actual gain any real experience. If I wasn't allowed to drink/get tattoos/drive or anything like that until I'm 21, then I wouldn't be any more experienced in those matters than I am now. In fact I think I would be more likely to make a bad decision. Increasing the age will probably also increase under-age crime. I know plenty of people who got tattoos at 16, drove a car at 15 and we've all been drinking for years; making the age when we could legally do it even further away will either cause us to break the law because we don't want to wait any longer, or force us to save up all our craziness and stupid decisions until our 21st birthdays and then go completely mad as some kind of 'celebration' of freedom.
Can't personally speak about going to war though, I don't want to join the army at any age.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I personally think she should sue not because she got it done, but because the tattooing is of absolutely shite quality.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I really hope it makes her unattractive unenough to stop her teenage arse getting impregnated and dropping another litter of mewling chavy babies onto the planet to keep walkers crisps and shitdonalds in business. What kind of muppet has a tatoo on their face anyway? Particuarly 8/56 of them, and particuarly something completely unoriginal like a star!

Stars dont even mean anything! If she'd had "i've had a lot of cock" tatooed on her face at least that's something i could believe...

10-1 says she has a litter before she's 25, each by a different father! (and yes i'm basing that on her picture and words alone, but i'm comfortable with being that judgemental - benefit of experience is that you know the answer before others!).

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Who cares if she burdens the state with kids, she lives in Europeistan.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Who cares if she burdens the state with kids, she lives in Europeistan.

I don't agree. She lives at some 50-60 kms distance of me, so I'd be paying part of my taxes to support her and her rabble... :p

Honestly, it gets even worse when you understand Flemish and listen to her talking on the television. She doesn't only look like an idiot, she also sounds like one. And her father isn't much better. We're talking about marginal people here...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I don't agree. She lives at some 50-60 kms distance of me, so I'd be paying part of my taxes to support her and her rabble... :p

Honestly, it gets even worse when you understand Flemish and listen to her talking on the television. She doesn't only look like an idiot, she also sounds like one. And her father isn't much better. We're talking about marginal people here...
That my friend, is a problem not unique to the UK. Although we have been more successful at breeding these wastes of air and resource.

The average stupid teenager will get a daft tatoo somewhere and try and hide it after. She was clearly a moron from the start to want a tatoo where there was no chance of hiding it if she didnt like it.

I mean if you run a bath, you dip a toe in first to see how hot/cold it is. You don't just jump into a steaming tub and get second degree burns. This girl would! Talk about paddling in the gene pool...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Bugz, from your negative rep;

I was pointing out that with more age, you get more leg to stand on regarding experience.

You blew a casket.

See a problem?

If not, let me lay it out;

You're too short-fused to argue with statistics and studies.

Either control your "FU" gland, or lower the amount of "book knowledge".

And FYI; life experience is called LIFE experience for a reason, you can't study everything.

Can you buy a clue?

Calaen

It's always fun these experience over no experience conversations debate. I would have made every decision I made in my life regardless of whether someone older told me it was the wrong move. I have always made my own decisions for what I feel benefits me and those around me, just because something didn't work out for someone older than you does not mean you can't make it work for you.

Calaen

That my friend, is a problem not unique to the UK. Although we have been more successful at breeding these wastes of air and resource.

The average stupid teenager will get a daft tatoo somewhere and try and hide it after. She was clearly a moron from the start to want a tatoo where there was no chance of hiding it if she didnt like it.

I mean if you run a bath, you dip a toe in first to see how hot/cold it is. You don't just jump into a steaming tub and get second degree burns. This girl would! Talk about paddling in the gene pool...

I agree, I bet she's been banged by half the school already (nothing wrong with that as long as she used protection)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, I bet she's been banged by half the school already (nothing wrong with that as long as she used protection)

Half the school? More like half the town. And lets be honest - does she really seem like the kind of girl who's likely to be smart enough to use it? (i draw your attention to the above tatoo fiasco).

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
so what you are actually saying is that if she was rich well educated and beautiful then its more believeable that she would have only asked for 3 stars and the artist did not understadn her.

the fact that she looks and sounds like a an uneducated slag means she must have fucked up and said "i want it all over my face" and then some star tattoos, the tattoo artist thought she meant tattoos all over her face instead of his man batter

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
so what you are actually saying is that if she was rich well educated and beautiful then its more believeable that she would have only asked for 3 stars and the artist did not understadn her.

the fact that she looks and sounds like a an uneducated slag means she must have fucked up and said "i want it all over my face" and then some star tattoos, the tattoo artist thought she meant tattoos all over her face instead of his man batter

As I said, when you understand Flemish/Dutch and you hear her talking (not only talking about her voice/accent/dialect, but also about WHAT she says) you know she's an utterly dumb c*nt. When I heard her talk the first time, I was thinking something like "well, maybe I need to reconsider my viewpoints: Eugenics might be useful in some situations after all" :p
Also, you have to read the entire story. What actually happened, according to the artist (whose version is a lot more believable than the girl's version), is that she actually asked for that many stars to be tattoed and that the problems started when she got home and her father saw these tattoos...I mean, how could she have fallen asleep during a tattoo session? sounds like a blatant lie to me... Obviously, they're trying to cash in on something that's entirely the girl's fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom