Talsar Retires

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sorry to see you go bud :(
GL and i hope it works out for you.

(oh btw those were MY Raids! :p)

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to see you leave mate. Didnt know you personally in game, but you were always kind and friendly.

Im sure real life will shine for you again soon, although it seems dark at the moment.

Good luck Talsar /wave.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
omg talsar, hang on

/HUG!!!

sweetie im so sorry

p.s just sent you an email should arrive soon, the pigeon almost shit itsself when i attached a pc to its leg though

Safar

Fledgling Freddie
So sorry, hope things work out for you my friend.

You will be sorely missed but in the end real life must prevail.

You have been a great leader of the alliance and one of most friendly, helpful people I have met. I salute you sir.

Snowfall

Fledgling Freddie
Talsar, I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you did for the Supremacy alliance, and for all the times you have made Albion a happier place to be because of your cheerful good company. I only ever made it to one of your dragon raids, but it was so well run that I feel honoured to have been there. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have finally killed the wee beasty!

I know that personally the game has destroyed quite a lot of my life too, and Safar and I have managed some pretty big barnies over in-game happenings (luckily we always make up in the end). And I expect that if both of us didn't play we would hardly see each other at all! But I too am at the very least "cutting down" on the game as of a few days ago. I finally realised that I was chasing a goal I could never quite reach as there is always one more level, or artifact or reward to attain. Everything would always be one step out of reach (requiring more precious time).

I hope that with the absence of the game you will find new hobbies and pleasures to fill your life. When one door closes, another one opens. I hope you find happiness however things work out for you. We will really miss you Talsar! Good luck and keep safe!

*hugs* Snowfall, Rosi GM

Shad

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to hear that Boss, enjoyed the guild and the ppl in it alot..

Gl in the future *salut*

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
dry ur eyes mate
there are plenty more fish in the sea....

(nicked that, soz)

Quitting your hobby won't change things in any way. It will give you free time to go hunt for the next victim to suffer your game addiction however(hobby) :).
You can only wish for an understanding partner this time..... i hope you'll find it.

10 years seems long, but compare it to a lifetime....
(/sarcasm: shagging the same goat for so long make you lose the arts)

If you keep in mind that a relationship is nothing more then the hormonal urge to get satisfied whenever the "pulse" climbs to a climax. That a relationship is nothing more then a compensation for the fact that eventually one ends up alone. The fear of beeing a solo person. To fill those little gaps....to procreate and get stuck with obligations.
Once you realize and understand all this you'll know what all means....

first 14-16 yrs of once life one spends alone, needing nothing more but good, enjoyable friendship.... then Hormones kick in and suddenly it seems like we need something more. I'd say, get a grip of those hormones :)

ah well, not the spot to philosofise about the simplicity of beeing a human....

all i'll add is, cheer up mate.
No one is to blame and all are to blame...
Don't give up on who you are and what you do. It is what makes you you....
as you said it yourselfe, you can keep a guild together with ppl that enjoyed your virtual company. It seems you know what friendship is about. Don't give up on those now.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Talsar, it is sad to see you go from daoc, and to be honest, I don't realy know what to say about this. Most of my friends know, to me having fun with friends (real people) in the game are more important than RP, Respec stones, plats, this is why your dragon raids was important for me. We had a real good company, and a good time. Not with the mighty dragon, not with clerics, paladins, respecc stones, gold, loot or anything. But with fellow players, real people we cared about. This is why your raids were important for me, and this is why I liked to be a regular. It is a sad moment when you go, but I hope you still consider your regulars as friends and try to keep in touch. And if I can help with anything out of game, feel free to contact me. And I believe most of the regulars would be glad to offer help with anything. Because the hammer and the dragon are virtual, but people on friends list, people you talked and raided with are real. And people remain real when they go outside of the computer room, and friends remain friends even when the respecc stones, titles, xp, vanish, and they are in the real world. Feel free to contact me in PM, on MSN, in email, on irc anytime you want to chat with one of your regulars.

Himse

FH is my second home
Sorry to hear about the relationship dude :< that sucks man, even though i never knew you ;) still sad when someone who has played for a long time quits

all the best.

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
sorry to see you go m8 .. sent u a pm .. take care and Njoy RL as much as u can !

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
Olly said:
Makes me fookin cry. :(

But ive allways been that soft kind of guy. :(

That goes for me too Talsar my friend
If you need any help IRL at all or just someome to chat to I'm here for you Mate and always will be. I can get tp your neck of the wood in 2 hours or so, so please don't think you mile away because you're not.

:worthy:

Graham (Gwyri)

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
/bow goodbye mate gl in rl and shit keep ure chin up things DO get better and getting the daoc bollox out ure system is a great first step :)

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Very sorry to hear that Talsar.

It has been an honour to play with you mate, your DRs and in fact your entire contribution to Albion has been awesome. We'll miss you.

Good Luck with RL :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
I feel sorry for you mate, I went through the exact same thing 2 years ago. I'm now divorced, but still play DAoC.

I took some time off and went travelling to get over things and carried on with life when I got back.

I find playing DAoC very relaxing and great fun, and am still playing after 4 years.

Take your time and you'll get over it, it just takes a while to get past the hurt.

Good luck :fluffle:

LostZoul

Fledgling Freddie
Thx mate for all raids and all crafting made! I wish you all the best in life without daoc and feel sad with you for what the game can cause...I myself realised this reasently, that I was spending more time with daoc than my loved un and daughter...so now my accounts down and cba to renew them...getting married in 2 weeks, better than any raid or rvr ;)
:worthy:

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Talsar... Good luck bud... i really nice guy who helps you out when your chars down in the shit.. a true loss ;x

Talsar

Albion Legend
Guys..... WOW!

I am absolutely blown away by the support you guys have shown me :) I feel really really really honoured atm (tear in the eye).

To all those who have also given me a personal message (via pm's) huge thanks also <hug>

One thing is for sure, although yes DAoC is a computer game and yes people on the screen are virtual, the people behind those virtual characters are real, i have made and still have many many good friends, to which i would like to all hug personally.

But if i am honest i feel really sick at the thought of loading up DAoC, as i said on the first post, i blame DAoC, i know that for the most part it was not just the game there was other factors, but, it was one of them. My heart is no longer in the game atm.

One thing is certian though i will really miss your company and companionship. Never before any where online have i made/met such great people. And again if i was honest, it was not for you lot i would of left DAoC long ago ... it was you lot that kept me involved and wanted. There was always someone wanting my help get a artifact, or lol i was like the DAoC Fairy and would buy people scrolls/items worth 10's plats :D After all virtual money is that virtual - the joy i got from helping people was what kept the game interesting.

Again i would like to thank you all for your support - I really really appreciate it when i am in this hole... my confidence and self esteem has taken a little knock, but you guys are defo helping to mend the void.

Seriously i wish i could hug all of you :)

Talsar.

Nitz

Fledgling Freddie
many thx for your great DR raids :clap:

good luck with whatever u going to do next, Talsar

/hugs
Nitz

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Good luck irl dude , allways sad to see the oldschool go, but ure doing the right thing. While i dont have the same problem with daoc ruining relationships <Single 3yrs woot> , ill agree it is a fucking drain on your life if u let it. Ive tried to quit so many times to actually do something constructive but the bloody bastard thing keeps pullin me back. But im a loser i admit it and tbh i couldnt make something out of my life anyway, but other people can and shuld follow your example imo.

Dont let Daoc fuck up your lives peeps, even if it is like a goddamn magnet for some of us :(

Well anyway as i said, all the best in rl m8y :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear about some of the problems faced - we all have our ups and downs and I can only hope (along with so many other here, it seems) that things DO get better for you.

Anyways - some of the folks wanted to get you something special, so they had a whip round (... actually, they had me roundly whipped ;) ) and managed to come up with a custom title for you. You may have left DAOC, but the players there will not forget you in a hurry (hell... some of them even remember me!) so I hope 'Albion Legend' is appropriate.

Good luck!

/salute

/bow

Jup.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well now Talsar you have to stay and haunt freddys house so you can flash off that awsome new title of yours :clap:

*whips jupitus some more*

Talsar

Albion Legend
Jupitus said:
Sorry to hear about some of the problems faced - we all have our ups and downs and I can only hope (along with so many other here, it seems) that things DO get better for you.

Anyways - some of the folks wanted to get you something special, so they had a whip round (... actually, they had me roundly whipped) and managed to come up with a custom title for you. You may have left DAOC, but the players there will not forget you in a hurry (hell... some of them even remember me!) so I hope 'Albion Legend' is appropriate.

Good luck!

/salute

/bow

Jup.

Oh my god! Jup and my Albion family, I cannot tell you how much this means to me, If i am really honest today is the first time i have smiled in the past 3 weeks and it felt really good. I sincerely thank you and the guys of albion for that.

I am absolutely blown away, i really am.

Albion has been a large part of me life for the past 4 and 1/2 years, over 6000 hours ingame and if i am being true to my heart you lot are the best people i have ever known. It is breaking my heart to leave the game. But it is something i must do for the moment.

I will defo keep in touch with all of you :) if you need to contact me for anything, even if it is just to say "hi how are you doing?" please do so... i would really hate to lose my friends. Add me to msn GMTalsar@hotmail.com - remember to tell me who you are when adding me ;)

Again guys thanks, and Jup bud, many many thanks for this. :worthy: You have a great heart :) I am the most chuffed guy in the world atm, and i really thank you for this. It has made my year. <hugs all>

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I've known you since ages Talsar and have had such good time playing alongside you. I hope that life begins to treat you better and that you will get on your feet again. I know you will, you are strong.

All the best wishes.

-SF

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Talsar for Albion Legend !

That is so cool! (jealous) Jup that was really nice of you :)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jupitus again.

:(

Gorse

Fledgling Freddie
That was sad to hear.
But understandable that you want to leave/take a break/find your self again.
Gods speed my friend.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Big hand for Talsar <claps and cheers>

tbh m8 ive said it once ill say it again your one of the best guys from daoc in a long shot all the times we had you on ts was a blast stay trolling the forums keep in touch with the albion who loves you so.

and good luck rebuilding your life mate im sure you will do fine,

best wishs Albion!! :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom