Talsar Retires

Talsar

Albion Legend
After 4 and 1/2 years (since beta), i have played DAoC. I have had many wonderful times with you all, i have made some good friends over these past years.

However, recently, my partner and I have separated after ten years. Although DAoC was not the main deciding factor in the separation, if I am honest with myself, my addiction of the game lead me to neglect my partner over and over.

Over 600 hours played in game, all this time that I should have been with my partner - enhancing our relationship, instead of destroying it.

With this in mind, I have decided to hang up my Cleric hammer & Dragon Raids.

It is time for me to take a new direction in life, to get a life outside the four walls of the computer room. I regret I have let this game destroy something I hold more dear then anything in my life, this should be a warning to some of you who are currently going through some bad patches….

I was one of those who thought that my life was set, and that there was no way me and my partner would break up instead I was blinded by this game to notice the cracks widen.

Ironicly I have held a guild together for 3 years and an alliance for nearly 2 years, however could not hold my relationship together :(

It has been an absolute honour to serve with you, and I still have fond memories of DAoC.

Again to all those who have ever known me, thanks for your company and companionship. I /bow and /salute you.

All the best,

Talsar.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Sad to hear that mate :(

I wish you all the best in the future and I will miss you :-/

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sorry to hear that of your relation :(,

well have fun in real life :), good luck :)

TheSearcher

Fledgling Freddie
sad to hear this good luck with your new endeavers etc and keep well

from Atmes and the family best wishes:drink:

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
I know how you feel bud.. Sadly I am still playing.. hopes everyting works out for you..

Martok

Part of the furniture
This is some very bad news indeed talsar, I wish you all the best and please stay in contact via msn you will be missed good luck in what ever direction you take yourself

all the best Martok

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
It's a shame to see one of the brighter faces leave, especially after having seen none but positive posts from you. It's too bad that you couldn't seem to find some sort of balance between real life and ingame playing time, but I'm sure most players will agree on that, as both real life and DAoC carry on 24/7, and you will miss out on things whenever you aren't there. You've chosen to do the right thing, if a little late.
I hope you will stay active on the forums, as to balance the nice replies with the whines :)
I hope things turn out alright in life, good luck :>

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
indeed a sad day :(

was a pleasure to meet you, join your raids and generally have a good laugh.

goodluck with what ever you do next, and hope RL treats you good.

/waves bb mate

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Talsar...

Take care in whatever you do next, was a pleasure to make your acquaintance...

If it helps any, I went through something similar but managed to repair the relationship after I took a break from DAoC...

Hope you can do the same if that's what you want to happen...

Take care bud.

zephaniah

Fledgling Freddie
I am very sorry to hear the news Talsar, and wish you all the best in the future. I will miss you greatly.

All the best and good luck

Zephaniah

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Oh Talsar :( I am so sorry.

Really going to miss you in-game, it just won't be the same without Dragon a la Talsar.

Its been a real pleasure playing with you and getting to know you. Take care of yourself and keep in touch?

/hug

Sparrow

Fledgling Freddie
Really sorry to hear this - we didn't get a lot of time together and now it won't be more.

However, I have to say how much I respect a decision like that. I made a similar one myself (when I got the necessary push), and though it didn't last I feel I'm far better off for having made it. I hope that wherever life takes you this'll mean the same to you.

Good luck.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Sad to see you go, but im sure you're making the correct decision!

TY for alot of nice raids, and GL with irl :)

Lam

Fledgling Freddie
It is sad to see someone like you leave the game Talsar.
It's been a pleasure joining your dragon raids since they have been good fun and were extremely well lead.

But in the end it is only a game and if your real life suffers under it then you have no choice but to focus on your life instead of just a game.
I wish you the best of luck and it has been an honour to group/raid with you /salute

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
It's a shame to see you go, Talsar. But I am certain you're making the right decision. This game will fade away. Real life will not.

If it comes as any consolation when you look back on these years I'd like you to know you've been a very valued member of the Prydwen community for a number of reasons. Always a friendly guy, organizer of very popular raids and...of course...you crafted chain pieces for Himbo! :D

Take care, and as Straef said, I hope we still get to see you every now and then around these parts.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Very sad news indeed :(

I havn't known you long (compared to your game time and the people you must have first met) but it has been a pleasure getting to know you and to play with you. You are indeed a very kind gentlemen and a very decent person.

I wish you all the best of luck in the world (not all as i'd run out :() and I hope you pick your relationship up.

No more dragon raids :( I have abandoned you for the past few weeks but irl has taken over ;/ I'm really sad to see you leave and i'm even sadder that I couldn't of been on your last raid!

Enjoy IRL, even though it chucks some shit things at you.

Bestest wishes and farewell my friend!

Karl x

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
Talsar said:
After 4 and 1/2 years (since beta), i have played DAoC. I have had many wonderful times with you all, i have made some good friends over these past years.

However, recently, my partner and I have separated after ten years. Although DAoC was not the main deciding factor in the separation, if I am honest with myself, my addiction of the game lead me to neglect my partner over and over.

Over 600 hours played in game, all this time that I should have been with my partner - enhancing our relationship, instead of destroying it.

With this in mind, I have decided to hang up my Cleric hammer & Dragon Raids.

It is time for me to take a new direction in life, to get a life outside the four walls of the computer room. I regret I have let this game destroy something I hold more dear then anything in my life, this should be a warning to some of you who are currently going through some bad patches….

I was one of those who thought that my life was set, and that there was no way me and my partner would break up instead I was blinded by this game to notice the cracks widen.

Ironicly I have held a guild together for 3 years and an alliance for nearly 2 years, however could not hold my relationship together :(

It has been an absolute honour to serve with you, and I still have fond memories of DAoC.

Again to all those who have ever known me, thanks for your company and companionship. I /bow and /salute you.

All the best,

Talsar.
Sorry to hear this Talsar,but ironically the same thing happened to me before xmas,wife of 8 years left me,it's been nearly 3 months now and I wish I could say it's getting easier but it's not :(
Still it's 2006 bud and I feel the same about playing DoaC at the mo,my heart just ain't in it now,but I bet I'll feel different once things are better as I guess you will too :)
Anyway we can cry on each others shoulders on msn :)
Dan.

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
When I heared the news I was lost for words (for once) we've had some great times together Talsar, on TS, in Thid with my mini, on Dragon Raids and on Alliance Raids.

It has been a pleasure and a real honour to know a man as kind, caring and thoughful as you Talsar. You have kept not only your guild together but our alliance. I'll treasure my SoM Talsar and also the memories you have left me with. You have been a good friend (even though we never met) and a damn good leader, my hat goes off to you bro, you are a true gentleman.

Take care in whatever you decide to do in your life and you have made the wisest decision. Hope everything goes well with you and Mrs Talsar if that's what you want mate.

So, on behalf of all members of Legion Flavia Firma, we wish you well and I will promise you that we will NEVER forget a man as great as you. You will be sadly missed.

/bow /slaute

Good Luck Mate

Graham

**** Proud GM of Legion Flavia Firma****
**** Proud Member of Supremacy Alliance****
****Hunt/ Raid Leader for Supremacy Alliance****

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Wow Talsar, what can I say? :( Very sad news, I hope you'll be able to pull things back on track. You were one of the best out there, I wish all the best to you.

You'll be missed :( Take care

Belgorian

Fledgling Freddie
Sad post Talsar:( You really have been one of the games nice guys and done a lot to enhance the enjoyment of others, with all the raids you have run.

Never seen you as being a hardcore player, so dont blame yourself too much, you cant dedicate yourself to someone 100% of the time. I'm sure things will work out for you and with luck we will see you back in game soon.

All the best M8ee.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
you were always nice to me, sad to hear about your chick. try irl out a bit more active than formerly, have as much fun as possible, and if you'll ever want to come back, the community with many great players awaits you. good luck. :drink:

Dying

Fledgling Freddie
I'm really sorry Talsar. Everyone has summed things up nicely, you have been a good friend to so many people in the community, and I will certainly miss you. The Dragon Raids in particular have been your trademark event for so long, and I have always been happy and proud to have been a regular. As a credit to your leadership, I think I am right in saying that we never once wiped, despite mythics best attempts with laaaaaaag!

To everyone reading this, be sad at us all losing a valued friend from the community, but also reflect on our own priorities in life, and make sure we are balancing them, and not sacrificing too much. This is certainly me calling the kettle black, and will make me think!

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
there comes a time in everyones life when we have to set our priorities. and sometimes the push in the right direction comes a little too late or it's not the push we were expecting. when i got hooked on this game i put an average of 55 hours a week into it. and it didn't take long for it to take it's toll on life. through my addiction i nearly lost my wife of 13 yrs to a mate whom i considered as close as a brother. was a major eye opener and pushed me to get my shit in one sock so to speak. it's funny how something you consider idle entertainment becomes a hobbie. that hobbie turns into an addiction. it's not like a drug/alcohol where it destroys your mind and body. it's just that the game dictates such a high level of involvment that minutes tick into hours when you feel you've only just set down. because it occupies your mind so much you fail to notice what's going on around you until it's too late. long live the days of pac-man when you walked away from the game when your 3 lives were up. i feel for you mate. i didn't really know you myself but my son was in your guild and he idolised the Great Talsar :) thankfully the only worries he has is being grounded.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Oh no! :(
Sorry to hear that Talsar! :( I hope you can restore your relationship.

Good luck out there,
/salute

Dorimor1

Banned
Sad to see you go Talsar and I am sorry about your RL situations - take care!

Dakkath said:
If it helps any, I went through something similar but managed to repair the relationship after I took a break from DAoC...

Really? I don't know that, grats :)

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
Talsar...

Take care in whatever you do next, was a pleasure to make your acquaintance...

you beena good freind to have arround with me on mls good luck with you dear sir in the real life

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
:O

you poor thing, my heart goes out, nicest and most pleasant person iv found on any server on any online game

gl boss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom