System Requirements?

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Ok... Seems like im nailing a computer one of these next 3 days... But it's not a whooping monster like I had planned, because the capital isn't there...

Now I would like to know if this computer could do daoc without any lag on a 640kbps/320kbps ADSL internet connection, also with two acc's logged in and with the coming expansion? ;

<B>Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with HT

512Mb DDR RAM

80Gb Hard Drive

DVD RW Drive

128Mb ATi Radeon 9200 Graphics

Firewire

15" TFT Monitor (Gonna get a 19" 0.24 dpi crt for same price)

Microsoft Windows XP Home

56K Modem ( :eek6: )

1 Year FREE Onsite Warranty</B> ; <I>Price:1050€</I>

In my eyes it should be ok (but it's some time ago I played, and yeah it lagged ALOT on my old 1ghz ATHLON :confused:

Well thx in advance, really like the offer on that pc :wub:

Thire

Fledgling Freddie
i doubt 512mb DDR would be enough for running 2 accounts ( at least if you want it to run smoothly ), id go for 1024mb

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Ok thanks, I'll ask for 512 more ram, shouldn't be that expensive... Thanks for the input.

Jpeg QuickStix

Fledgling Freddie
you have a similer comp spec to me . apart from im on AOL 56k modem :( (out of radius for Broadband) .

i do already have Toa and have played it and tried using two accs... one thing for sure loading is VERY slow .. and there can be a bit of lag when running on /stick ... im pretty sure with ADSL Braodband and the other uber connections high'ish spec comps will run Toa +2acc's with out much problems.

altho i maybe wrong cos i aint tried it with ubeer connection .

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Ouch ok, really need to be able to do 2 acc's :(

But well, is ToA allrdy on eu?

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
OMG, maybe you could give me some lvl'ing tricks (Only lvl'd one lvl 50 meself) :eek: And I played for about 1 year :D

Forgot that those 3 servers in your signature was US servers, lol :cheers:

Madonion

Fledgling Freddie
ATi 9200 is going to bottle neck that P4, that video card is about £45 retail and is not going to be up to much.

1Gig of ram is pretty much a must now days but there is no reason why you can just put another stick in when you buy it.

Personally i would find someone that can build you a PC, what sort of budget you looking?

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
About 900-1200€ safely deliverable to my home (Italy) :D

Adrianicus

Loyal Freddie
you say P4 2.8ghz with HT

but youll need a motherboard that supports it - really recommend getting a decent one!

hyperthreading is wonderfull, with the spec below i can run one account at 1200 res with all effects on and the bot at 800 with effects off, both will stay stuck together perfectly

i just got

P4 3ghz
Asus P4C800 motherboard
1024 Crucial PC3200 ram
Radeon 9700 pro grahics card (from old pc)
Seagate 80g HD
LG cd-rw
LG DVD
Monitor (from old)

for 570quid - built it myself

hopefully it should run oki with ToA ;) fingers crossed

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
as the other guys have said

bung in another 512 meg of ram

and definatley change the gfx card

you will need to turn alot of in toa if you run theat one

thing of at least a radion 9600 or a Geforce fx 5700 or better

i myself am getting a Geforce fx 5900xt specially for toa

will let u all know how it runs once us eyes and ears start testing TOA in the next few weeks

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe thx, maybe I can change my fathers mind and go to pccity anyway.. (the "little" pc there is from a friends store... not to good finance possibilities there).
In pccity you can go buy now, and pay first rate January2005 (Kinda sweet) .. Sooo, 50/50 that I get a putter that should be able to run daoc no problem ;)

Fx. P4 3.2 Ghz NW - 1536MB sd-ddr RAM - 300GB 10200rpm - 256MB Radeon 9800 XT - 19" max ress. 0.20dpi monitor - winXP and NortonAntivirus2004 =
1800€... :flame:

God plz enlighten my old dad :clap:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
argh...!! Jpeg please change avatar :kissit:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm just saw a cool Reaver movie... Damm didnt know Levithian kicked that much butt...!!! :eek2: Must be one of the most dmg'ing melee styles?

Might do a reaver and cleric as my main char's, but have does reavers get groups...? Does they have nice stuff to aply to the group, or are they agro magnets dying all the time? Plz tell :D

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Reaver is nice class and pretty good damage output for 1h/shield user. But lack of determiantion is a big drawback to getting groups despite some good tools we have and when used correctly can help a lot. For instance, atm I am trying to get better in driving cause reaver has an instant interrupt with biggest range in alb and could be usefull to drop it to opponent mezzer. Needs practice ofc

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Ok nice news, I like a char with utilitie... Dont mind if its hard, but missing det. is just sad, but whatever :)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Archon said:
Hehe thx, maybe I can change my fathers mind and go to pccity anyway.. (the "little" pc there is from a friends store... not to good finance possibilities there).
In pccity you can go buy now, and pay first rate January2005 (Kinda sweet) .. Sooo, 50/50 that I get a putter that should be able to run daoc no problem ;)

Fx. P4 3.2 Ghz NW - 1536MB sd-ddr RAM - 300GB 10200rpm - 256MB Radeon 9800 XT - 19" max ress. 0.20dpi monitor - winXP and NortonAntivirus2004 =
1800€... :flame:

God plz enlighten my old dad :clap:
ull need good cooling for that pc.. hd with 10200rpm? o_O prolly get pretty hot, same with gfx, ill got a 128 mb Radoen 9700 XT and it get pretty hot after a good day of daoc.

and bout reaver they got shitty styles look unless u get a file (goa have in someway forgot it in the patch files, but i dunno if they have fixed yet)

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm hehe ok :) I'm goin to pc-city tomorow, I'll look up a couble of good coolers :p ... What is a ok dBA? My old powerfluid something cooler was a annoying 62dBA cooler, what is good today... And have many opm is good now'A'days?

Thx! :touch:

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Thx, I might whant to wait til I get ADSL and PC before I choose char. now im dreaming about HO' arms ;)

Gah... :touch:

Kenshee Himura

Fledgling Freddie
nice pc xept for the gfx card... Really u should get 9600 or GF FX 5700 minimum (mid range cards with very good peformance/price)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Sissyfoo said:
~looks at Barton 2500+ and feels sick~
Clocks @ 3200 without a problem, costs a few coppers and runs DAOC rather nicely.

No need to be sick, Im loving mine :D

Archon

Fledgling Freddie
Bought meself a computer today... Is not like that one I was talkin about because...

1) Is "old" in 1-2 months, no point getting the best of the best.. Can buy upgrades for half price in 2-3 months instead... :clap:

2) If I took a top monster idd had to play on the ground, and wait for the internet in 2-3 months extra... Cant wait that long really :D

So I bought a pc for 1500€ wich is a Packard Bell with a nice config. :
P4 nw3.06 ghz (800fsb) - 512mbRAM(Buying 512 cheap) - 120gb hardd. - Radeon9600 128mbRAM -17" ubber flatscreed(max res. 0.21dpi)- Winxp and a nice printer/scanner/copymachine thingie... This should be sufficiend for ToA right? ++++ Table and a place to sit my fat arse ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom