Syria

SilverHood

FH is my second home

Syria and Yemen mostly flies under the radar over here. It's not in the news most days, unless you actively go online and look for it. The general consensus among my American friends and colleagues seems to be that, if enemies of America are busy killing each other, then that's just fine.

I personally think the US missed a step by not backing Kurdish independence in Northern Iraq. A US backed regime with its own reasonably competent army could do wonders for stability in the region.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The endless misinformation peddled by the western media about Syria is at the same level as the Iraq war propaganda.

Assad is getting the Saddam treatment..and you lot are all falling for it again...because Russia.

Just another day to lie.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The endless misinformation peddled by the western media about Syria is at the same level as the Iraq war propaganda.

Assad is getting the Saddam treatment..and you lot are all falling for it again...because Russia.

Just another day to lie.

You are like Saddam Hussein's Information Minister...

Job

No..that would be the western media...they do exactly the same thing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Yemeni newspaper == western media.

Hmmm.

Job

They are playing to the powers in the region.

Job

When you are in the middle of a proxy war you have to play the game.
Nothing outside of the agenda in syria is going to escape .
The Russian people hear their version..we hear our version.

The establishment contrils the narrative...they did it in the Gulf..and they do it now.
If you believe ANY official line from a war zone you are a fucking idiot.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Russian people hear their version..we hear our version.

If you believe ANY official line from a war zone you are a fucking idiot.
And yet you'd nuke the innocent Russians who are suffering in the same way that the UK public is on the say-so of our politicians and media?

Methinks you've not got a very joined-up mind.

Job

Piers Morgan was grilling the shadow defence secretary today on that point.

I have never heard such a pile of shit response.

Who knows what he'd do..maybe let Birmingham be nuked and not fight back to save London.
The labour party need exterminating alongside the conservatives.

Job

And yet you'd nuke the innocent Russians who are suffering in the same way that the UK public is on the say-so of our politicians and media?

Methinks you've not got a very joined-up mind.
No one nuking Russians and our absolute promise to retaliate is what keeps it that way.
Even our small force could destroy Russian civilisation.

Job

I think I just read the plot for a 6th form play.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
tl;dr pls.
Wikileaks carrying Putin’s water as usual. Misrepresenting leaks from an early stage of OPCW investigation into Douma chemical weapons attack as casting doubt that it happened when the case is actually rock solid.

Also Mail on Sunday and Independent printing uncritical pieces about the leaks.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Syria and Yemen mostly flies under the radar over here. It's not in the news most days, unless you actively go online and look for it. The general consensus among my American friends and colleagues seems to be that, if enemies of America are busy killing each other, then that's just fine.

I personally think the US missed a step by not backing Kurdish independence in Northern Iraq. A US backed regime with its own reasonably competent army could do wonders for stability in the region.

Turkey! Where US have air base for ME Ops.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What? Trying to score brownie points with NATO whilst engaging in a very questionable conflict?
Destroying the place where they make the barrel bombs is bad how?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Destroying the place where they make the barrel bombs is bad how?

I'm not saying it's bad.

I'm saying that just because a NATO ally is doing something positive doesn't mean we should consider their whole involvement as positive.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not saying it's bad.

I'm saying that just because a NATO ally is doing something positive doesn't mean we should consider their whole involvement as positive.
I didn’t say we should. I’m just saying that letting Assad and Russia just get on with genocide rather than having the balls to intervene was a bad thing.

Gwadien

I didn’t say we should. I’m just saying that letting Assad and Russia just get on with genocide rather than having the balls to intervene was a bad thing.

By a country which is itching to commit their own genocide against the Turks, and have already locked up all the families of the people that went out to fight ISIS whilst Turkey waited on the border waiting for the best time to seize all the power?

Yeah, those guys.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
By a country which is itching to commit their own genocide against the Turks, and have already locked up all the families of the people that went out to fight ISIS whilst Turkey waited on the border waiting for the best time to seize all the power?

Yeah, those guys.
None of which affects the point that doing something to limit genocide is a good thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Barrel Bombs don't really require much of a factory any way.

Gwadien

None of which affects the point that doing something to limit genocide is a good thing.

No, but I'm sure that Putin claims that he's destroyed lots of suicide bombing factories owned by the Rebels/Jihadists, but I don't see you posting about them.

Starting to feel like Turkey has somehow convinced people this is a NATO vs Russia conflict, rather than a Turkish power grab.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No, but I'm sure that Putin claims that he's destroyed lots of suicide bombing factories owned by the Rebels/Jihadists, but I don't see you posting about them.

Starting to feel like Turkey has somehow convinced people this is a NATO vs Russia conflict, rather than a Turkish power grab.
I’m more concerned with Russia bombing hospitals. Russia is there to keep Assad in power, not to defeat extremists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom