Syria

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I’m more concerned with Russia bombing hospitals. Russia is there to keep Assad in power, not to defeat extremists.

And what about the collateral damage that the Turkish cause?

I mean, if you're talking about objectives, it's evident that the Turks are trying to increase their land over the Kurdish areas of the middle east so they can properly end any opposition from them, as for defeating extremists? They're backing a large block of rebel fighters which has a great deal of jihadis in it, just because they're not waving the ISIS flag doesn't make them any better.

As for Russia, they're the ones profiting from this big time, every US made missile the Turks fire it's going to be replaced by a Russian missile, which will move Turkey politically closer to Russia, whilst we're playing cold war games and having the backing of NATO as soon as Russia get involved.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There's a lot of misunderstanding to unpack in all that but can we start with the fact that this will not move Turkey closer to Russia. Turkey kicked off because Assad's forces killed 33 Turkish soldiers. Turkey is learning that trying to have the best of both worlds between NATO and Russia doesn't end well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
(And don't get me wrong. Erdogan is a total shit.)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How can escalating a war be a good thing though?

If you throw more fuel into a fire more people get burnt.
If you blow up the army that is murdering civilians then that reduces their ability to do so. Not that complicated.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If you blow up the army that is murdering civilians then that reduces their ability to do so. Not that complicated.

But by blowing up the army, you're also blowing up the civilians, if they are near civilian populations.

I also just saw a video on that twitter account you posted, the Syrians had been booby trapping their fridges because Assad's forces routinely loot fridges for food.

Doesn't really sound like a happy army tbh.

Also, surely NATO should be advising over this, and telling the Turks that a troops on the ground is time consuming and causes way more casualties. Lessons learnt from Iraq/Afghanistan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom