Syria 'shot down Turkish fighter jet'

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oh and why should we stop Syria but we do fuck all about the genocide in Dafour? At some point we either commit to helping everyone, or help people to help themselves but not keep putting ourselves in the firing line.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
But why should we care? Not our fucking problem.

actually it is our problem as Turkey are a member of NATO meaning we have defence pacts etc with them (well i say we, i live in Finland who are not in NATO, so i guess it is your problem :p )

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Raven, I get your point and I would love to see the slaughter stop. You have to weigh up the consequences though, a massive civil war and another goverment otherthrown in the name of 'democracy'. If we keep interfering then where does it stop? Here is an idea, let the muslim world sort it out and send troops, that way they can't blame us for yet another crusade and we don't have to piss away tens of billions more that we just cannot afford. Lots of people die every day in the U.K. because treatments are a postcode lottery, let us spend out money sorting that mess out and leave the middle east to it.

From a non emotional stand point...

Well you can also look at it like this. War is the very best training a soldier can have, we have and have had the best trained (though badly supplied!) army in the world for decades because of conflict and "peace keeping"
Design in prosthetics and methods of treatments are coming on in leaps an bounds due to injured soldiers which helps the thousands of people maimed in civilian life, as are various other fields of technology

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
actually it is our problem as Turkey are a member of NATO meaning we have defence pacts etc with them (well i say we, i live in Finland who are not in NATO, so i guess it is your problem :p )

Syria did nothing wrong in shooting that plan down, they were well within thier rights under international law. We can't change the rules because decide we don't like someone, otherwise we might as well scrap the U.N. and go back to an era of world wars because we allow nations to pursue agenda's without any checks or balances.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
From a non emotional stand point...

Well you can also look at it like this. War is the very best training a soldier can have, we have and have had the best trained (though badly supplied!) army in the world for decades because of conflict and "peace keeping"
Design in prosthetics and methods of treatments are coming on in leaps an bounds due to injured soldiers which helps the thousands of people maimed in civilian life, as are various other fields of technology

Again, it's a point well made but can we afford it anymore? We can't even equip our forces properly anymore because of the annual spend just keeping boots on the ground in Afghanistan. The boys who come back home ruined with injuries get a small cheque and two fingers, 'thanks for your help now fuck off'. Our priorities are all wrong, it is soul destroying to see innocent people brutalised but Turkey has a massive army and the reserve numbers are pretty epic. Let Jordon and them sort it, muslims in a muslim land saving muslim lives.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Syria did nothing wrong in shooting that plan down, they were well within thier rights under international law. We can't change the rules because decide we don't like someone, otherwise we might as well scrap the U.N. and go back to an era of world wars because we allow nations to pursue agenda's without any checks or balances.

certain NATO members dont seem to follow international law as much as the U.N. would like, maybe the US should just send in some more drones o_O

obfuscation of the facts plays in Syrias favour here, Turkey claim one thing, Syria another, and nothing happens - Assad did the same when the attacks on civilians started "I didnt order any attacks on civilians or rebels, it is simply rogue elements of the army doing it without our authority, we will ensure it is stopped"- by denying it and generally muddying the waters he ensures that Russia and China stay on the fence

that said i dont think anyone wants to get involved right now, Obama certainly doesnt want to get dragged into another long war in an election year and most of europe thinks its the middle easts problem not ours so are not willing to take action

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom