Swg!!

F

Freppe^^

Swg releases on thursday! 26 of june!
Well anyway since i dont live in the "states" i seem to have serious problems getting the US version.
First www.amazon.com only ships within US.
2nd www.amazon.co.uk says it will release on the 26 of december which is kinda incorrect therefore that option is gone.

From site " Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided -- Platform: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 (Video Game - Activision - 26 December, 2003)"

Anyways do anyone of u know a site that ships the game to europe? :eek:

Best regards

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Freppe^^
2nd www.amazon.co.uk says it will release on the 26 of december which is kinda incorrect therefore that option is gone.

Best regards

Amazon are just guessing - there is no official release date for the EURO version of SWG, there are sites around that whill ship from the USA, but to be fair save your money !! youll end up paying about $70 for the game, shipping, customs charges... and .... well..... its just NOT worth it, the game is pretty crap.

F

Freppe^^

Re: Re: Swg!!

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Amazon are just guessing - there is no official release date for the EURO version of SWG, there are sites around that whill ship from the USA, but to be fair save your money !! youll end up paying about $70 for the game, shipping, customs charges... and .... well..... its just NOT worth it, the game is pretty crap.

tbh its not that i wanna hear, like if its shit or not, each person decide that. anyways, im gonna play us version, teh money isnt a issue. btw thx silverhood, the site was nice, think i gonna order from there, gonna read some helper tho cus im outside us =)

I

Indiana Jones

i heard from several sources that us version = euro version

you will be able to switch with us version to euro servers once they are up

N

Nichneven

Swg releases on thursday! 26 of june!
Well anyway since i dont live in the "states" i seem to have serious problems getting the US version.
First www.amazon.com only ships within US.

From site " Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided -- Platform: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000 (Video Game - Activision - 26 December, 2003)"

Best regards

If you want hun I can buy you a copy and mail it to you, as long as you promise to pay me back I'm poor :(

<---- is American

O

old.LandShark

Re: Re: Re: Swg!!

tbh its not that i wanna hear, like if its shit or not, each person decide that. anyways, im gonna play us version, teh money isnt a issue. btw thx silverhood, the site was nice, think i gonna order from there, gonna read some helper tho cus im outside us =)

It has PvP that is about as fun as pong, and a droplist smaller than that of Warcraft3. The character development is about as hard as in Quake2. Don't... feed... the Sony demons.

S

SilverHood

hmm, Landshark, you played then?

no one is ever satisfied

daoc has no fun content, and from what I hear, SWG does

nice site for for swg

Slicerhq

has some links to reviews by beta testers

O

old.Lythande

A shitty game with good graphics is still a shitty game imo.

I'm not saying SWG is a shitty game mind you, just ppl tend to stare themselves blind at the graphics and ignore the lack of content/gameplay.

S

SilverHood

What is this great lack of content?

and you're saying daoc has good gameplay?

it works... and thats about it... swg will have to really fuck up if they cant make better game play than daoc

O

old.Lythande

Why play DAoC? PvP/RvR. What I've heard of SWG isn't very flattering in that area.

But as I haven't tested it myself I really can't say for sure. Which is why I said in my post that I wasn't calling SWG a shitty game... But you read that, right?

S

SilverHood

dunno, there's more to a game than just PvP, or grinding to be ubar

imersion, locations, scenery

daoc has, in my opinion, none of that, at all.

;)

F

Freppe^^

All ive seen from my friend thats beta testing SWG is that it good way better graphics than DAOC. For me daoc has become boring therefore i wanna play it aswell. Even tho many of u may say it suck etc, its mostly cus 1. u havent seen it or played it. 2. ur so fixed about daoc u cant agree on anything. Anyways SWG will be awesome and i hope to have some good times there.
Btw i found a site, www.dvdboxoffice.com which delivers the game even to europe. =)

O

old.mattshanes

Many loe playing swg and they love it,said the depth of the game is amazing too.

F

Freppe^^

Yeah swg will be awesome =) Gonna do a bounty hunter^^ , either chick human just cus they r so sexy =p or some good race for it, small one i guess would fit a bounty hunter.

B

Brannor McThife

Watched that video. Looks very much like AC2 type graphics. What matters to me is the content.

[EDIT]
Is there going to be a EU server? Or is everyone just going to play on the US servers?

-G

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Watched that video. Looks very much like AC2 type graphics. What matters to me is the content.

[EDIT]
Is there going to be a EU server? Or is everyone just going to play on the US servers?

-G

there will be eu servers but not straight away, in a month or 2.
Ill play us servers anyway =)

B

beck-uk

The unofficial UK server is Eclipse so most UK ppl will be going to that. So should be full of ppl playing at UK peak times etc instead of US.

S

Silver180

ok i have to say this and i can quite freely now they have lifted the nda.

I have been on the beta for swg so i do know what its like. There are a few things

Credits. The only way to get credits is to do missions, or sell loot like hid bones to crafters if you can find one. Now missions take on two forms. Delivery and destroy. destroy missions have you traveling for maybe 15-20 minutes to destroy one thing across plain land past the same mobs. For minimal reward.Delivery missions have you going a fair distance to, the ones that have you going off planet dot give you as many credits as it costs you to get the ticket to go to the planet for delivery.

Content. There is very little to actually do in this game, no long quests or anything, you can go look at a cave if you like but once youve seen it you are not going back. No epic missions or anything.

Classes. Some skill ines have not really been tested properly and some dont do as they advertised they would. For instance up unitl a week ago there had not actually been a smuggler trainer that would train you in smuggling, well there was one but it refused to do anything. So that line of skills is the most part un tested. Also the nig one is bounty hunters, i know a lot of peple wanted to be bounty hunters, to hunt actual players and get cool skills, well atm you only get misisons to kill npcs and 3/4 of the bounty hunter control is to do with droids. And some skill lines are completely un needed such as the doctor skill line.

PvP. You get a surprisingly sparse amount of maneouvers to perfom by speccing in skill lines. And at times it feels like you are not really doing anything that would be different if you jsut didnt press anything and let your char auto fire at your opponent

And also the game does not feel any where near being ready, there are still HUGE bugs present with people gettng trapped and people finding themselves permanently dead, unable to reclone. There was a server wipe u8nder a week ago to test the economy and clas balnce and it will be relleased in a few days. I dont thin kthis is really a long enough period to test such things tbh.

Just my two pence on the subject, I was really looking forward to SWG being a big fan, but i was sorely disappointed by this game
:(

K

katt!

Even tho many of u may say it suck etc, its mostly cus 1. u havent seen it or played it.

i see way way more people that havent played it trying to tell the ones that are in beta that they are wrong. isnt it amazing?

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Silver180
Just my two pence on the subject, I was really looking forward to SWG being a big fan, but i was sorely disappointed by this game
:(

Thank you silver, saved me posting pretty much the same, The beta is not even installed on my PC now, and the pre-order canceled.

I was REALLY looking forward to SWG, and have been very disapointed, this was not at the start of the beta, more like the near finished product. The graphics are very pretty but the gameplay does not even scratch the surface that DAOC covers.

Some people out there will play SWG and love it, but the game does NOT live up to all the hype, and that is a shame, it sounded so promising.

GOA can sleep soundly, Just guessing and plucking some random figures out of the air, but I can imagine out of the 40% players that move from DAOC -> SWG, 90% of them will come back within a month

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by katt!
i see way way more people that havent played it trying to tell the ones that are in beta that they are wrong. isnt it amazing?

Perhaps, i havent played it , just seen it. Anyways all ppl got different opinions, im sick of daoc and ill play the game that i think would bring me most joy. Even if u may think it suck. Its more amazing of u to come here and try to tell whats wrong and not.
Hope u realise one day, the world is not all about daoc. Anyways, thx for all the posts about sites, its ordered and on the way. Im looking forward to have the best time of my mmorpg life or what i should say.

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Thank you silver, saved me posting pretty much the same, The beta is not even installed on my PC now, and the pre-order canceled.

I was REALLY looking forward to SWG, and have been very disapointed, this was not at the start of the beta, more like the near finished product. The graphics are very pretty but the gameplay does not even scratch the surface that DAOC covers.

Some people out there will play SWG and love it, but the game does NOT live up to all the hype, and that is a shame, it sounded so promising.

GOA can sleep soundly, Just guessing and plucking some random figures out of the air, but I can imagine out of the 40% players that move from DAOC -> SWG, 90% of them will come back within a month

Thats what you think. Its wrong imo to try convince other players that havent played it or so, just seen it. All ppl should build their own opinions.
But lets take daoc for example, in beta , it sucked. And its been developed into a better game which is pretty good now. But its boring, ive done everything i want in the game. Why stay? No point in staying in a game which u dont have any goals with.
Therefore im gonna play this game now, SWG that is and perhaps in the future when WoW comes ill play that. Daoc is over for me and it was great while it lasted.

K

katt!

ignorance is what makes george lucas able to build his house with $100 bills :/

N

-Nxs-

Thats what you think. Its wrong imo to try convince other players that havent played it or so, just seen it. All ppl should build their own opinions.
But lets take daoc for example, in beta , it sucked. And its been developed into a better game which is pretty good now. But its boring, ive done everything i want in the game. Why stay? No point in staying in a game which u dont have any goals with.
Therefore im gonna play this game now, SWG that is and perhaps in the future when WoW comes ill play that. Daoc is over for me and it was great while it lasted.

Sorry Freppe I was not trying to convince others not to play it, I was just mearly agreeing with someone elses post and letting others know my experience and visions of the future.

I would just hate people to build all there hopes up on this game about to be released only to find that its not what they think, the media that has been released, information on the boards, movie clips, dev's posts and the quotes from beta testers on the main SWG site naturaly make the game sound wonderfull.

Anyway if people want to play or try the game they will buy it, and thats cool, I have no problem with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom