SWG Release

E

eldgrim

I've got a few friends that have played the SWG beta and they all say the same thing. It's cool to run around in the starwars univers hanging with Jabba and the lot, for awhile. But the game lack contents and the game mechanics are kinda messed up. So I don't think SWG will steal the entire MMORPG community, atleast not untill they can offer some unique alternitive to the long running games such as DAoC and AO.

O

old.chipper

ok i played beta but i didnt get to see alot of it and i was never off it, the game is massive very massive as off now the game still has bugs but nothing major that i have found, there isnt much content as it is atm but ive only played on tatooine and lets face it its a desert, desolate so i can live with that the towns are massive mos espa is huge and you do feel liek your in the Star wars universe the game has alot of potential
while buying the game now might not seem a good idea i reckon by the time the game hits europe it will be very much improved i will be playing SWG on US servers i think its a great game and has alot of potential.

T

Tilda

im sorry, i didnt acctually know that NDA was lifted when you posted.
Its not possible to "un-edit" a post :p
Also, had the NDA up it is BW's responisbility, we are your publisher and thus BW dosnt realy want million dollar law suits from SOE for breaking the NDA.

TIlda

T

Tank Init

hey reaLX did u actually kill anything in the game hehehehe, them pictures looks like the first 5 mins of SWG :)

R

ReaLX

yeah but when I finally figured out how to fight from long range the game sucked big time and wasn't worth extra JPEG space on my hdd :p

There are some more screenshots in the dir of the other ones, figure it out :p

Oh and make that the first 2 hours of SWG, cause it took me 1 hour to click all the help balloons away who kept popping up!

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Tilda
im sorry, i didnt acctually know that NDA was lifted when you posted.
Its not possible to "un-edit" a post :p
Also, had the NDA up it is BW's responisbility, we are your publisher and thus BW dosnt realy want million dollar law suits from SOE for breaking the NDA.

TIlda
But when u don't know it why did u just edited it, in stead of actually finding out if it was lifted, the other posts above my post pretty much gave a clue :p

And I think BW is not responsible for any content posted on these forums, think it's in the agreement when u create an account... Such an agreement is easily made and holdable in court (if it actually goes tits up :p).

Z

Zill

Originally posted by marchegiani
I think what Pin means is that all the l33t kiddies will leave DAoC for swg, meaning less in emain etc

Aw, personally I enjoy killing the i33t kiddies as they whine more. :)

Z

Zill

In regards to SWG, can anyone confirm whether you are able to jump or duck with your character please? I read these actions have not been implemented, and for an mmorpg this would seem rather ridiculous.

R

ReaLX

you cannot jump as you can jump in DAoC etc, jumping is an emote, your can't jump over small things etc...

O

old.Kantz

I love swg for being something new and refreshing to spend my time on. I’m also in swg beta (/wubb Pilia), which had this effect on me: Givz swg now!!

Things I like about swg:

- The skill system is defiantly a good thing, which I’m sure many old UO players can agree on.
- Automap, waypoints, space travels ... farewell to some of the annoying time sinks. In town you can even do /find and a "yellow line" will lead you to the chosen trainer/vendor. Time sinks are still in swg, but in no way close to the extreme degree of daoc. (Nothing annoys me more than a 15 mins inactive horse ride)
- A 1-week-old player can group with a 1-month-old player; both can benefit from it. So "level / skill" differences do not keep you away from playing with friends, unless it's extreme cases.
- Crafting is not some "Press 1 each 2-3 minute while looking at an ugly forge. You will have to harvest resources different places for minerals using survey tools, or even harvesters.
- No need to wait for houses. Do you have enough crafting skill.. make a house with a possible a vendor to sell your stuff, and maybe throw some harvesters around the house while your at it.
You can also pay a little money at the "Bazaar" - and you can sell items over it. No waiting for xxx player to come online.
- See your first Rancor.. and die horrible (I did die horrible)
Well I could go on and on...

What i fear about swg:
- I doubt it's a game ppl will play for over a year. At some point you will eventually have tried all and the game becomes boring.
It properly got something to do with less "time sinks".
- The PvP part is a bit to random and very fast. But daoc is 1 big zerg fest anyways. (1 vs. 1: Camping gorge with my mincer can be boring b/c to few solo or duo targets)

That were just some of my opinions of the game, other ppl might have different views. I should have my version of swg around the middle next month, which will cause my daoc chars to be semi - retired.

If anyone see a wannabe Battle medic called Kantz on swg servers, feel free to give me a hello ;)

Btw. /pinch works in swg – emote system is huge. rpg players will defiantly have fun with it.

Z

Zill

Originally posted by ReaLX
you cannot jump as you can jump in DAoC etc, jumping is an emote, your can't jump over small things etc...

That's daft. In a roleplaying environment being able to physically jump is part of the feel to the game. It's nonsensical not to have a basic action such as jumping within a game of that type.

K

katt!

Originally posted by Zill
That's daft. In a roleplaying environment being able to physically jump is part of the feel to the game. It's nonsensical not to have a basic action such as jumping within a game of that type.

theres a shitload of 2 feet walls in some towns that you have to walk around :/

very very annoying.

L

Loveless

Originally posted by Zill

You couldnt jump in UO, But I think that offered alot more roleplaying advantages tbh. So it wouldnt have bothered many.

As for all the new MMORPGs coming out, no doubt they are all going to be some what similar to daoc. And, personally I cba to start all over again :sleeping:

D

Demolay

Even a chum @ LucasArts thinks it'll be years before it's sorted -buggier than French European policy

K

katt!

i doubt the devs wanted to release it..

but the people with the money said "ship it", and away it went :eek:

C

cadiva

Originally posted by katt!
i doubt the devs wanted to release it..

but the people with the money said "ship it", and away it went :eek:

Aye, I'd put money on this release coming from the financial section of said corporation.

Both Holocron and C-3PO were very helpful chaps who did listen to what the beta testers were saying (from my experience certainly) and I can't see that they would have been getting feedback that said yes this is ready for release.

It most certainly wasn't and is the major reason why I'll be waiting til they launch the EU servers and after about 3 or 4 months of bug fixing, content adding, world development.

SW:G has great potential, specially for those of us who love a proper RPG where you can actually help to make the environment/game progress (awaiting DragonEmpires like it's the Second Coming personally ;) ) but it's certainly not happening right this minute.

D

Driwen

i dont like the part where full time overts arent rewarded for their risk. But thats prolly part off roleplaying :). But dunno if i want to give up the better pvp of daoc for swg :).

U

unit

Originally posted by Loveless
You couldnt jump in UO, But I think that offered alot more roleplaying advantages tbh. So it wouldnt have bothered many.

As for all the new MMORPGs coming out, no doubt they are all going to be some what similar to daoc. And, personally I cba to start all over again :sleeping:

Who would ever want jump when u could teleport to places mobs couldn´t go. teleport owned =D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom