SWG Release

F

Feac_

Originally posted by Pin
Guaranteed to be a massive improvement to DAoC

lmao it aint :) better waiting for WoW or Horizons or a few others i cant remember

P

Pandemic

well i will play both games if i encounter zerging in emain then i will simply log and play swg i know that many others are going to be doing the same should mean those zerging start getting sweet fa rp

M

marchegiani

Originally posted by Feac_
lmao it aint :) better waiting for WoW or Horizons or a few others i cant remember

I think what Pin means is that all the l33t kiddies will leave DAoC for swg, meaning less in emain etc

S

Skaven

It's not as good as you proberbly think it will be :) imo anyway.

S

supersaint

Originally posted by marchegiani
I think what Pin means is that all the l33t kiddies will leave DAoC for swg, meaning less in emain etc

You have SWG on your list of must buys haven't you? :p

A

Aule Valar

haven't really looked at it much, but from whay i've heard you only get one char slot (hiss and boo) and if you do unlock a jedi its quite easy to lose it forever

D

Draylor

It can only be a good thing for daoc. Anything that cuts down the silly numbers in Emain has to be good. Mythic/GOA wont agree of course ;)

Originally posted by Aule Valar
you only get one char slot
per server

Originally posted by Aule Valar
and if you do unlock a jedi its quite easy to lose it forever
If you do "unlock a jedi" what seems to happen is that you get a 2nd character slot on the server concerned. Yes death is permanent for this character, but the slot remains and can be reused.

It looks (from the beta) like itll be a fun game - when its finished and the content is there. So far its not ready (as yesterdays patch notes prove for those that can see them) and seems very light on content. In a few months time when the Euro servers appear I expect itll be well worth taking a look.

J

JoxerTheMighty

SWG sure has a lot of pontential from what I have seen so far but I wont be quitting DAOC for it...at least not forever.

Sure....the Camelot servers may empty up a bit after SWG has been released but I think it will just be temporarily. After all SWG will be something new but as soon as peeps got "used" to it and the first "aaahs" and "ooohs" are over, most will return.

M

mestoph

As the developers said today.

"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the game ready?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We think it is just about ready. Some beta testers will agree with us and some won’t. The big things some of them are worried about are getting worked out this week. The beta testers have been very helpful in reporting exploits so we are focusing our efforts on getting those fixed. Most beta testers seem to be having fun in the game.

"

Heh, so the version you will by, will need to be patched on first day. With 400,000 preorders, and 400,000 people trying to patch on in, lets say first 3 days. I can see some fun and games. Also NDA comes down at end of week, so not all exploits will be fixed and thats mroe fun and games.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by mestoph
With 400,000 preorders, and 400,000 people trying to patch on in, lets say first 3 days.
The patch servers have received sufficient stress testing - no doubt there ;)

A

Athralmall

Heh, doesn't bother me - it won't be out in Europe for a considerable amount of time :bore:

W

Wibbler2

I'm in the beta and i hate it :/

IMO, it's not ready for release... :(

NDA stops me from saying why :(

S

Silver180

Im on beta aswell and i have to say there is a reaosn i am still playing daoc. Its not as good as some think it is thats for sure.

S

Sibanac

got a few friends who are in beta and only the die hard SW fan likes it (ofcourse if they would release a turd with i SW labe he would like it aswell), the seems to rate it between 'just about ok' and 'crap'

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by Wibbler2

heh..... no comment ;)

p.s. yes I also have access to the beta :p
p.s2 thank god semper fidelis forums are members only :D

R

Repent Reloaded

holy moly, SWG is coming out that soon ?!
lmao, mythic are in some deep shit now.

F

Feac_

Originally posted by marchegiani

um in that case SWG is the best game ever and kicks ass

C

cadiva

Originally posted by Wibbler2
I'm in the beta and i hate it :/

IMO, it's not ready for release... :(

Totally agree with Wib, also in beta, also think it needs at least 2 more months work on it, also can't say why cos of the NDA.

I've just cancelled the pre-ordered copy I've had since March with DVDBoxoffice tho and I reckon that says it all.

If I do play it will be when they release the European servers and after at least 3 more months of added content.

P

pecka

Originally posted by Repent Reloaded
holy moly, SWG is coming out that soon ?!
lmao, mythic are in some deep shit now.

Doubt that very much..

K

katt!

Originally posted by cadiva
If I do play it will be when they release the European servers and after at least 3 more months of added content.

^

M

mestoph

I've bought the Ltd Edtion box, just coz its ltd edtion and wont be sold again. But from everything thats being said by beta testers its not ready. There is probably a reason why they are not lifting the NDA until next week. And thats so you can't cancel your pre-order.

Z

zane

I'm also in the SWG beta and Imho it's great :) I love the "experince" system and the gpx is great. Just creating your character is more fun then runnin around in emain and zerg or get zerged ^^

K

katt!

thats the only thing i can agree on, the exp system is cool :p

C

cadiva

Yep agreed, the character customisation is fantastic, the experience trees are fantastic.

Unfortunately there's not much else out there at the mo ;)

T

Tank Init

its like UO but with lasers heheheheh and its better than this game in every way

V

vulcan1

Originally posted by Tank Init
its like UO but with lasers heheheheh and its better than this game in every way

Each to his own Tank m8, I tried it, hated it, thought it was shyte at the start of beta hasnt got much better, gave my account away. IMO any game comp that charges $35 to play beta dont have much faith in the crap there trying to sell.

Still not found anything out there to touch daoc atm so will stay where I am for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom