Swearing in the work place

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Tzan said:
I dont want to hijack Oblimov's thread and if you like we can discuss it via PM's. I ain't ignorant and there are a lot of arguments to discuss and tbh I wouldn't like to do it via a public forum and plus the fact that I don't feel I can fully exress myself with my english. Many times what I have said have been interpreted with another way (plus the fact that I am at work and I dont have the time to write). PM me if you like to discuss.

Tzaneto calm down. Not all of muslims support that. There always good and bad people in all countries and states and by having a specific nationality or religion it doesn't necessarily make you bad.

And if you want some examples of that, check what "christians" and Holy Inquisition did in Dark Ages which was supported by official states too. All nations and religions have their share of doing this crap... :(

And in greek (short): Oloi sas kaloi eimaste! :)

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Tzaneto calm down. Not all of muslims support that. There always good and bad people in all countries and states and by having a specific nationality or religion it doesn't necessarily make you bad.

And if you want some examples of that, check what "christians" and Holy Inquisition did in Dark Ages which was supported by official states too. All nations and religions have their share of doing this crap... :(

And in greek (short): Oloi sas kaloi eimaste! :)

you hit the nail on the head mate, Back in the dark ages and supported by official states... the muslims still do it today

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
tedStar said:
you hit the nail on the head mate, Back in the dark ages and supported by official states... the muslims still do it today

u gotta remember that the muslim faith is 600 years or so behind christianity.

muslim year 1383

so if if u go back 600 years christian time, u may get the crusades and stuff like that.

so in their eyes they could be battling the infidels, just like christians once battled the blasfemours for the holy land.

btw not being able to call a work college a c**k smoker, is not fun at all. Its all part of the banter of today. :kissit:

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
well the boys off on holiday for a few weeks so im gonna turn the air blue

:D

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:
Guys,

THought i would ask for your input seen as i value it more than the majority of idiots im surrounded with

Basically is it ok to swear in an office environemnt?

THere are a group of us who have a laugh and tell jokes etc (while hitting all the targets etc) which contains the odd swear word, nothing lude like sexual organs or anything just the usual F words and S word

Anyone see anything wrong with this casually used and outwith the company of outsiders?

The reason im asking is a member of staff send out a rather catty email there slamming us all as un-intelligent and un-professional for saying the odd word in his presence. I dont want to start a racist post but im curious as to what the Muslim community here in FH think of swearing, is this seen as a major "sin" in the eyes of allah? or is it kinda accepted similarly to western culture?

CHeers for your comments :D

I know my post is not going to be the most popular considering most don't feel like this, but you did ask for others opinion.

In the work place I find it highly unprofessional when people use profanity. There are those who believe, those who curse, lack the vocabulary to express themselves. I am not going to go that far to say that, but I do get offended by profanity and in a way.. you do assume that those who are using it are less educated. Though I know this is not true.

It is very very rare that I ever use a curse word at all, and I never use it in the presence of my co workers. I just think there is a time and place for everything.. and work is not the place to "relax" when it comes to your colorful language.

Just my two cents. ;)

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Seeaira_Tempest said:
I know my post is not going to be the most popular considering most don't feel like this, but you did ask for others opinion.

In the work place I find it highly unprofessional when people use profanity. There are those who believe, those who curse, lack the vocabulary to express themselves. I am not going to go that far to say that, but I do get offended by profanity and in a way.. you do assume that those who are using it are less educated. Though I know this is not true.

It is very very rare that I ever use a curse word at all, and I never use it in the presence of my co workers. I just think there is a time and place for everything.. and work is not the place to "relax" when it comes to your colorful language.

Just my two cents. ;)

Tilda said:
rod-up-your-arse

Cheesehound

Fledgling Freddie
Seeaira_Tempest said:

is there anything that doesnt offend you? - wasnt it you that also complained about people useing "OMG" for "Oh my god"?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Opinions hurt people, and everybody has one. :p

Every single post in this thread hurts someones feelings in some way. ;)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
i told my boss "the new boy is shit"

so we sacked him

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
i got a new job and the new boss is as camp as a row of tents... :(

we'll see how this works out...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Seeaira_Tempest said:

Just my two cents. ;)

its words fgs. Who are to decide that "fuck" sounds like to people reproducing (sp?) their kin :eek: you would get offended if people said, go reproduce yourself kthx!

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
tedStar said:
i got a new job and the new boss is as camp as a row of tents... :(

we'll see how this works out...

You gonna try it on with him? Easy way to get a promotion!!

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
You gonna try it on with him? Easy way to get a promotion!!

timing mate, timing....

who said only women could get promoted by giving head. :flame:

erm. not me at least :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom